British Speedway Forum

Piccolo - With respect. libellous posts levelled against Andy Povey and AP Media were removed! Why don't you ask Andy how everything was dealt ?

Move on.

The season opens in 4 weeks from Wednesday. Still an incomplete team. Still not a sniff of who's going to be in the Selco "Classic". Still nothing to hype up the sport in the city in readiness for the season opener.

Birmingham are falling back to the good old "norm" of British Speedway, of not bothering to promote themselves any more. Nothing on their web site about a fans forum. Where did you get that info from R&Y?

Sorry for the sketchey info its the 26th of feb ,night of speedway at the cleavdon arms wolvo with tatum and pearson + guests of which gd has been invited and accepted... doors open at 7pm and its £5 a ticket. I've only been there a couple of times but its a good pub with a good crowd ...

Its next week you would of thought we would be promoting the event slightly

If Brum are stretching this out in the hope of maximising publicity then he better be worth the wait.

But for a 5 point rider, it's asking a lot.

If Brum are stretching this out in the hope of maximising publicity then he better be worth the wait.

Believe me it's not!!!

I just cannot believe all the fuss about this particular rider. A part from Nigel Pearson's usual column in the Birmingham Mail I cannot see this announcement making much of a ripple in the sporting press.

Is Nermark really going drum up excitement. I think not.

He will try and bust a gut though.

Edited by Phil The Ace

When is the remaining rider gonna be announced think it could be at the speedway forum on the 28th gd is a guest at it I think

This Thursday as is the sponsorship, thats what Druey said in the Sunday mercury

Regarding the Selco Classic, all the riders that rode for us last year, plus Skornicki and Kennett have been invited, so has Freddie Lindgren.

This Thursday as is the sponsorship, thats what Druey said in the Sunday mercury

Regarding the Selco Classic, all the riders that rode for us last year, plus Skornicki and Kennett have been invited, so has Freddie Lindgren.

No big names bar Lindgren ?, individual meets struggle to get crowds regardless, let alone one with an average field.

... all the riders that rode for us last year, plus Skornicki and Kennett have been invited, so has Freddie Lindgren.

And who has accepted their invitations? Sounding like a glorified Practise and Press Day, only in the evening. God help them if the Kings Lynn meeting is on telly that night.

No big names bar Lindgren ?, individual meets struggle to get crowds regardless, let alone one with an average field.

Average field?, who you expecting Gollob, Emil, Hancock to ride. Pretty happy they have asked riders that rode so well for us to come back for thr opening meeting, just hope Smoli and Nico make it.

• Like 1

Average field?, who you expecting Gollob, Emil, Hancock to ride. Pretty happy they have asked riders that rode so well for us to come back for thr opening meeting, just hope Smoli and Nico make it.

You would have thought that if they had accepted their invitations there would have been a happy announcement by now wouldn't you? It's been a long while with no news of anything. Not the way to fire up interest really is it?

Can't say they were not warned if not many turn up for what's effectively the Brummies 2013/14 side, presumably minus Doyle given his issues.