British Speedway Forum

More likely that there is a loan fee behind all this that with Birmingham's credit rating being what it is, the Polish club don't want to allow the debt to them to get out of control and then not get paid. If you were on the other side of the fence, you'd say this was prudent financial management on their part.

The Poles are hardly in a place to judge on finance given the yearly `can they pay will they pay` the authorities go on about and the end of the season.

Id say the point is hardly a fair one for the Poles to make!

The Poles are hardly in a place to judge on finance given the yearly `can they pay will they pay` the authorities go on about and the end of the season.

Id say the point is hardly a fair one for the Poles to make!

Depends on if you are in the West looking east, or in the East, looking west I guess. I'm sure they will have their views on things and let's not forget the fine example set by the BSPA on which riders they allow to take part in Polish run competitions.

Maybe not the end of Bartosz Zmarzlik then? Word from Poland is that Adam Skornicki is out for at least 3 months, and that he has accepted a managerial role at Leszno whilst incapacitated as a rider....so should the Brummies ask Zmarzlik to stay on? And would Zmarzlik be tempted to stay?

Maybe not the end of Bartosz Zmarzlik then? Word from Poland is that Adam Skornicki is out for at least 3 months, and that he has accepted a managerial role at Leszno whilst incapacitated as a rider....so should the Brummies ask Zmarzlik to stay on? And would Zmarzlik be tempted to stay?

Yes, the Brummies management should ask him to stay on, and one would hope he is tempted to stay.

Tough luck on Sqora though, looks like he's going to miss out as the Brummies finally turn the corner. A bit of healthy competition for team places wouldn't have gone amiss at this stage of the season.

No noise from the turn one boys no noise from the turn one boys no noise from the turn one boys no noise from the turn one boys

Jump around if you love turn 4 jump around if you love turn 4 jump around if you love turn 4

Brummies brummies brummies brummies

Does Tony Mole still have any connection with the Brummies? Financial or otherwise??!

Does Tony Mole still have any connection with the Brummies? Financial or otherwise??!

Don't think financial - he is the clubs lifetime president though I believe.

• Like 1

Thanks. There was a good reason for asking!! :wink:

It says in the Mail today that Zmarzlik's contract wont be extended after July 3rd, we all thought that may have been the case but it wont be because Skornicki isnt returning. I am disappointed that it wont be extended, would loved to see him do enough meetings to at least become an asset which may have been a benefit to us further down the road. The signing of Bart should have been done with long term ambition in mind, bearing in mind it takes a while for a rider even with the quality he has to adapt to British tracks. Seems there's none of that at Birmingham

Edited by Brummie Kev

It says in the Mail today that Zmarzlik's contract wont be extended after July 3rd, we all thought that may have been the case but it wont be because Skornicki is returning. I am disappointed that it wont be extended, would loved to see him do enough meetings to at least become an asset which may have been a benefit to us further down the road. The signing of Bart should have been done with long term ambition in mind, bearing in mind it takes a while for a rider even with the quality he has to adapt to British tracks. Seems there's none of that at Birmingham

Be interesting to see what Birmingham do on July 3rd then. One riders short term contract ending and another injured so can't be re-introduced.

It says in the Mail today that Zmarzlik's contract wont be extended after July 3rd, we all thought that may have been the case but it wont be because Skornicki is returning. I am disappointed that it wont be extended, would loved to see him do enough meetings to at least become an asset which may have been a benefit to us further down the road. The signing of Bart should have been done with long term ambition in mind, bearing in mind it takes a while for a rider even with the quality he has to adapt to British tracks. Seems there's none of that at Birmingham

But does it say whose decision it was? If the rider doesn't want to come back there is nothing to be done...........

Be interesting to see what Birmingham do on July 3rd then. One riders short term contract ending and another injured so can't be re-introduced.

I meant to say in my post Skornicki isnt returning, Phillips has a rider lined up probably on another short term deal.