British Speedway Forum

He's on an average been on a near average of 7.5 for a year at least now, yes he didn't hack it at number 1 this year but against much stronger number 1's, there's going to be no Lindgren, at most one of Ward and Holder (probably neither), and you'd say the likes of NKI, Zagar, Bjerre and Andersen may give it a miss too, so after that who are you looking at as real competition as a number 1 in comparison to King? Woffinden.......and not much else. He certainly wouldn't be a stand out but he'd be a lot more successful than he has been previously.

It's not just about being able to beat a certain rider, it's about having someone you can rely on to take tactical ride and win heats 13 and 15 week-in, week-out, without crumbling under the pressure.

I'd have no worries about King as a #5, a #1 though, well that depends on how the league lines up, but personally I'd prefer him at #5 and another #1.

Ipswich can forget it, for a club looking to save money, it would be moronic not to use your own asset on a 7.5.

I'd have no worries about King as a #5, a #1 though, well that depends on how the league lines up, but personally I'd prefer him at #5 and another #1.

Ipswich can forget it, for a club looking to save money, it would be moronic not to use your own asset on a 7.5.

That assuming Birmingham have actually paid for Danny in full.

It's not just about being able to beat a certain rider, it's about having someone you can rely on to take tactical ride and win heats 13 and 15 week-in, week-out, without crumbling under the pressure.

Or building a solid team around King that have proved can top the league - winning the play offs is a different matter of course!

That assuming Birmingham have actually paid for Danny in full.

Pretty sure King was signed while the club was under Tony Mole's control before Alan Phillips arrived.

Firstly I feel the rider at #5 has more pressure than the #1 rider as he has to go into heats alongside a reserve where as a #1 is usually alongside a solid second string who can score more freely.

As for using your own assets to save money. That doesn't really work as they would recieve just as much for King going on loan as they would if they were to keep Smolinski on loan and as Brummies have very few assets, they will be paying out any way.

Personally I would keep King and also look at keeping Doyle as the top two with Covatti but it appears Doyle has already been told he is not in their plans and is looking elsewhere ..... Monmore would suit me fine !!

well theirs the rub, which team are going to agree loan deals with Birmingham after last season?

they basically couldn't pay there way and upset numerous teams (not just coventry) on default of payments.

certainly most clubs would want money up front, so perhaps the PL beckons?

• Like 2

Doyle has already tweeted that he won't be back at Brum next season - and thanked all the fans.

Doyle has already tweeted that he won't be back at Brum next season - and thanked all the fans.

I think we all know where he'll be in 2014, so I can't really understand why people are reading something into that at the brum end.

.............. but it appears Doyle has already been told he is not in their plans and is looking elsewhere .....

I think you will find Jason made the decision that he wont be back with Brum next season.

• Like 2

I think you will find Jason made the decision that he wont be back with Brum next season.

Spot on!! He mentioned some of the 'issues' that cropped up during the season, so maybe the same things may put in doubt Doyley making the obvious move to his parent club?! He's looking to get full contracts in both Poland and Sweden, so may also be thinking of not doubling up?

Spot on!! He mentioned some of the 'issues' that cropped up during the season, so maybe the same things may put in doubt Doyley making the obvious move to his parent club?! He's looking to get full contracts in both Poland and Sweden, so may also be thinking of not doubling up?

So according to you Skidder Jason may not return to Swindon in 2014 because of the payment issues that occurred at Blunsdon this season !

Some of you Poole fans - holier than thou :t:

You may be right of course but then again you may be wrong..

No doubt he is just another rider that only wants to ride for Poole :rofl::rofl::t::party: Oh :t:

Well if he is looking to ride at a club that always pays on time then Wolves should be in the running and he goes very good around Monmore as his scores in the last three seasons show

3 2 3 2 2 = 12

3 3 1'2 0 = 9+1

2 1'3 2 0 = 8+1

3 1 2 2 3 1 = 12

3 1' 3 1 2' 3 2 = 15+2

3 0 3 1 2' 2 = 11+1

0 2 2' 3 2 = 9+1

76+6 from 35 rides = 8.69 (9.37) which isn't far off what Freddie (9.05) and Tai (9.35) averaged last season around the Green.

Edited by T.N.T.

I'd be surprised if the PL was even being considered, a large part of moving into the EL was that the sums didn't even add up in the PL, so I can't see what's changed between now and then, EL costs might be higher, but higher attendances partly compensated, presumably then dropping down to PL level would mean a drop in attendance levels, totally defeating the point of dropping down.

The problem is (and for a few others) revenue doesn't match outlay, changing divisions may alter costs, but if it alters attendance levels too, then it's a rather futile exercise.

Infact I seem to recall hearing the only British club genuinely making profit was Dudley, those without financial worries are just being subsidised from elsewhere, as a business, their models are as knackered as everyone elses.

Ok few if any sports actually make a profit (we do it for the love of it if we're honest), but Speedway without the backing of many others, can't afford to run at such a loss.

Edited by david2905

And hence why Dudley management wont mke the step up because it puts the club at risk!

If we can get our own stadium then we can have our own income but at the moment we put money into the rent of Monmore and we substane by having a good support and low fees to pay!

Brummies are in a difficult boat where they have a support and income that dose not provide enough for the outlay they have! Brummies going into Premier League and a cheap squad might work but the fans wont watch and wont return!