British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

Midland Fours At Leicester 26/10 (date Added)

When is this meeting being staged please, as it's been advertised for Sunday 27th October at 6.00pm which is what the BSPA website still says, and I have booked a hotel for that night. However, just looking at the Leicester website, that now says Saturday 26th October at 7.30pm, and if that is now the date for the meeting, it's not been advertised so, apart from possibly in the Leicester area. If that is the date for the fixture now, then that's a sizeable chunk of money wasted on a hotel, as I can't make Saturday. Would somebody confirm please, at least I'll save money on fuel by not travelling. At times speedway is a joke in the way it suddenly changes dates without any thought for the punters.

• Like 1

When is this meeting being staged please, as it's been advertised for Sunday 27th October at 6.00pm which is what the BSPA website still says, and I have booked a hotel for that night. However, just looking at the Leicester website, that now says Saturday 26th October at 7.30pm, and if that is now the date for the meeting, it's not been advertised so, apart from possibly in the Leicester area. If that is the date for the fixture now, then that's a sizeable chunk of money wasted on a hotel, as I can't make Saturday. Would somebody confirm please, at least I'll save money on fuel by not travelling. At times speedway is a joke in the way it suddenly changes dates without any thought for the punters.

I'm fairly sure it was announced yesterday as being on the Saturday, http://www.leicesterlions.co/ confirms this.

I'm fairly sure it was announced yesterday as being on the Saturday, http://www.leicesterlions.co/ confirms this.

Fantastic, £61 pre-paid hotel down the pan, and clubs wonder why the public don't bother to travel to meetings so much anymore. Quite unprofessional too that they haven't bothered to get it altered on the BSPA website. Absolutely shocking, and Leicester will never see me through their turnstiles again.

• Like 3

still on BSOW as Sunday !!! No good just announcing at Leicester that date is changed as people from away wouldn't hear that. My hearing is not that good !!!!

What level is this meeting. I thought i caught over the tannoy on sunday that Stoke were one of the teams riding but on recent experience that could mean absolutely anyone riding at any level. Does anyone have any info?

Fantastic, £61 pre-paid hotel down the pan, and clubs wonder why the public don't bother to travel to meetings so much anymore. Quite unprofessional too that they haven't bothered to get it altered on the BSPA website. Absolutely shocking, and Leicester will never see me through their turnstiles again.

much like a couple of weeks ago when for some reason the promotion decided to make the start of one our sunday meetings 5pm rather than the usual 6pm without any explaination whatsoever as far as i have seen. A prebooked family birthday meal stopped me making the 1 hour earlier start and another £30 of my season tickets went down the swanny.

Edited by volty

...........Volty............What level is this meeting. I thought i caught over the tannoy on sunday that Stoke were one of the teams riding but on recent experience that could mean absolutely anyone riding at any level. Does anyone have any info?

I thought I heard National League mentioned.

I thought I heard National League mentioned.

Yes it said national league level teams Leicester, Stoke, Kings Lynn & i think it said "hopefully Dudley".Which i presume is why it was moved to saturday has Stoke have a meeting on sunday.

Edited by stevethelion

Here we are Thursday & we still no clearer on who is riding in this & what sort of standard its going to be.

If its NL level then its a poor way to close the season.

I wonder just how many riders will turn up for the dinner dance ??

Here we are Thursday & we still no clearer on who is riding in this & what sort of standard its going to be.

If its NL level then its a poor way to close the season.

I wonder just how many riders will turn up for the dinner dance ??

and it will be interesting to know whether some grand getsure is made to all the season ticket holders who are around £40 pounds short on breaking even on value of the ticket this season. How tight and desperate for other people's money can you be that you so far appear to be trying to ignore that this has happened. Maybe we'll find we find this sunday that we get free entrance to the dinner dance!. How can we be at the final meeting of the season and the owners still have not even acknowledge this has happened. I was going to say i'll be pee'd off if we are just given a discount on next season's ticket thereby tying everyone in to buying another season ticket but i now don't even think that will happen. It's looking increasingly like they are just going to pretend it hasn't happened and hope no-one notices.

• Like 1

on the lions website today it says the meeting on saturday is a grand fours challenge between leicester sheffield kings lynn and a premier league select some of the riders confirmed are graversen doolan and widman for the lions,auty and the compton brothers for the tigers,lawson perry and steve worrall for the stars and barker and richie worrall for the premier select team.

Lets face it; when was the last time a speedway club ended a season properly? Challenge match, mechanics race, team racing on mini bikes or cycles, donkey derby, manager/promoter or both getting floured, rider/fan season farewells and a firework display.....??

Thats a proper season ender....

• Like 3

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Still need a texter...anyone?

Be interesting to hear what the excuses for the racing was tonight... but hey, ho stuck record an' all.

Was, however, hoping to read about the grand gesture to season tickets holders in tonights programme but unfortunately although there were only about 300-350 people in the stadium they had ran out by the time i had got there. Well, actually they hadn't ran out of the programmes as they didn't do one. The had actually ran out of the photo copied single sheet racecard (which was wildly inaccurate as they had clearly printed it mid week and were too tight to do any more photo copies with the correct lineup today).

As i was standing with two fellow season ticket holders (not my wife though who had lost interest from the first meeting of the season, the day she realised the promised track changes hadn't happened after all) i call over David Hemsley for a bit of clarification. He pointed out that he realised season ticket holders were short of their value and would be looking into maybe giving a discount on next seasons tickets to those affected. Not all season ticket holders mind. The ones that paid early and got a discount on their season tickets for being an early bird won't be as they ended up getting close to the correct value. Just the ones that ended up paying when the lesser discounts or no discounts will get this 'deal' and he will be sitting down and working out exactly who has paid what and who is then owed what as he retains all the info as to when season ticket holders paid and what they paid! Not really how is should work, but there you go.

What a mickey mouse operation. Honestly, How cheap can you be. And before people make the excuse that it would have been different had we made the playoffs, well we didn't and from the point that we didn't DH has had two months to come up with a gesture or make it known that he was doing something about it. Nada though.

No cheaper Mickey Mouse gesture than making a gesture that ties in the short changed into paying for it all up front again! No use to me though or to him for that matter.

As my final gesture i went over to say my final goodbyes to Alan Jones, pointing out how the racing at BP wasn't doing it for me anymore, my two season tickets weren't going to be renewed, nor my sponsorship, pointing out the only contact i have had from the club in 3 years of sponsorship was the e-mail i get each year thanking me and asking me to pay it all over again. I pointed out that they couldn't even be bothered to do a programme tonight, Alan Jones defensively starts telling me i wouldn't understand the effort needed to put on a meeting. What has that to do with me? It sounds harsh but I'm paying to be entertained, the promotion might not like it but that is a fact. I then mention that i was conned into buying season tickets and sponsorship by the promise of track changes that didn't happen only to get the same old rubbish every week, Including last week. Chris Sully then chirps up that it took a lot of effort to get the meeting on and it better than Coventry managed. He then, much like others on here, mentions that the racing was as good as we could have expected with the weather we had which infers it could have been better had the track been prepared differently. I point out that there was nothing wrong with the track when racing started and it was the same as pretty much every week i go to Leicester (at least the ones when they have a tractor!) and why should that have affected the passing or entertainment. I then have to hear how it's as good as anywhere now.. It's not, it's rubbish.

Maybe Alan Jones is writing a new chapter on Leicester Lions. Maybe it will be called 'How we rekindled the dream of Leicester Speedway but then messed it up in just 4 years'. That's my guess anyway. Tim Stone, Mike Bowden.....

As for the racing tonight. There wasn't any i'm afraid.

finally, well done to the riders for giving it such a go all season, for glyn for for being such a star in keeping everything together and doing the best he could possibly do with what was at his disposal with regards to the track and the support staff for being as courteous and friendly as ever.

Over and out,

Mick.

Edited by volty

Be interesting to hear what the excuses for the racing was tonight... but hey, ho stuck record an' all.

Was, however, hoping to read about the grand gesture to season tickets holders in tonights programme but unfortunately although there were only about 300-350 people in the stadium they had ran out by the time i had got there. Well, actually they hadn't ran out of the programmes as they didn't do one. The had actually ran out of the photo copied single sheet racecard (which was wildly inaccurate as they had clearly printed it mid week and were too tight to do any more photo copies with the correct lineup today).

As i was standing with two fellow season ticket holders (not my wife though who had lost interest from the first meeting of the season, the day she realised the promised track changes hadn't happened after all) i call over David Hemsley for a bit of clarification. He pointed out that he realised season ticket holders were short of their value and would be looking into maybe giving a discount on next seasons tickets to those affected. Not all season ticket holders mind. The ones that paid early and got a discount on their season tickets for being an early bird won't be as they ended up getting close to the correct value. Just the ones that ended up paying when the lesser discounts or no discounts will get this 'deal' and he will be sitting down and working out exactly who has paid what and who is then owed what as he retains all the info as to when season ticket holders paid and what they paid! Not really how is should work, but there you go.

What a mickey mouse operation. Honestly, How cheap can you be. And before people make the excuse that it would have been different had we made the playoffs, well we didn't and from the point that we didn't DH has had two months to come up with a gesture or make it known that he was doing something about it. Nada though.

No cheaper Mickey Mouse gesture than making a gesture that ties in the short changed into paying for it all up front again! No use to me though or to him for that matter.

As my final gesture i went over to say my final goodbyes to Alan Jones, pointing out how the racing at BP wasn't doing it for me anymore, my two season tickets weren't going to be renewed, nor my sponsorship, pointing out the only contact i have had from the club in 3 years of sponsorship was the e-mail i get each year thanking me and asking me to pay it all over again. I pointed out that they couldn't even be bothered to do a programme tonight, Alan Jones defensively starts telling me i wouldn't understand the effort needed to put on a meeting. What has that to do with me? It sounds harsh but I'm paying to be entertained, the promotion might not like it but that is a fact. I then mention that i was conned into buying season tickets and sponsorship by the promise of track changes that didn't happen only to get the same old rubbish every week, Including last week. Chris Sully then chirps up that it took a lot of effort to get the meeting on and it better than Coventry managed. He then, much like others on here, mentions that the racing was as good as we could have expected with the weather we had which infers it could have been better had the track been prepared differently. I point out that there was nothing wrong with the track when racing started and it was the same as pretty much every week i go to Leicester (at least the ones when they have a tractor!) and why should that have affected the passing or entertainment. I then have to hear how it's as good as anywhere now.. It's not, it's rubbish.

Maybe Alan Jones is writing a new chapter on Leicester Lions. Maybe it will be called 'How we rekindled the dream of Leicester Speedway but then messed it up in just 4 years'. That's my guess anyway. Tim Stone, Mike Bowden.....

As for the racing tonight. There wasn't any i'm afraid.

Lets hope all the rumours are right and at some point he has no option to move out and let someone else take over.

finally, well done to the riders for giving it such a go all season, for glyn for for being such a star in keeping everything together and doing the best he could possibly do with what was at his disposal with regards to the track and the support staff for being as courteous and friendly as ever.

Over and out,

Mick.

Have to agree with you tonight was dire, i think the meeting was only put on to appease season ticket holders after being left short-changed, the difference in standard of the riders was never going to mean close racing, i would have thought lessons would have been learnt from the freestyle debacle when riders of different standards competed against each other & the racing was also dire.

Interesting what you say about season ticket discounts for next season, i bought mine at the early -bird price & don't see why doing that should stop me getting a discount on next seasons ticket. Maybe they should think about selling next seasons tickets just for league matches then they can work out a suitable discount because they know how many fixtures to base it on, rather than having to suffer grim end of season fixture fillers like tonight. The only consolation being it only took about 80 minutes for 16 heats.

• Like 1