British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bavarian

Provincial Solo League In New Zealand

3 for a win

One for losing by less than six

One for five or more heat maximums (5-1s)

Edited by waihekeaces1

Here's details of the last attempt at league racing in New Zealand - it was circa 2004. As can be seen it never really got off the ground.

http://tlm52.tripod.com/id4.html...

The format, so I am told, will be four-a-side teams racing matches over four heats - similar in format to what is used in the UK's development leagues. But that has still to confirmed from kiwiland.

Thanks for the interesting info from the previous attempt at league racing. Wow! was that an exceptional monsoon year for New Zealand or does it really rain that much, it always seems to be raining whenever i see clips of NZ, and that's from a Mancunian lol.

'matches over four heats' OMG! is that a joke? My heart dropped in disappointment when i saw that until......

Teams race two home matches and two away matches. The sides are made up of three team men and two reserves (with an option for a third reserve). Matches are over 12 heats. No overseas riders are involved.

That's far better, twelve heats :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1374323619481353/

all info here click on files for points and rules

sorry, kiwi, but there is no access to this particular facebook site if one isn't a facebook member. And I don't want to sign up just to view this page.

Some other facebook sites are open for everyone to view, so why isn't this one?

What on earth is the purpose of having a 'closed' page? No way am i signing up to Facebook either to view just one site/page. A great pity that people are deprived of following the league and news. Again i have to ask why is it kept private?????

What on earth is the purpose of having a 'closed' page? No way am i signing up to Facebook either to view just one site/page. A great pity that people are deprived of following the league and news. Again i have to ask why is it kept private?????

I think it's more a case of it being a 'group' rather than a 'page' on Facebook which means it can not be viewed so easily.

A more in-depth look at the rules for you:

INTERPROVINCIAL SOLO TEAMS COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS

OVER VIEW / GENERAL

1. A teams challenge competition consisiting of a home and an away match for each team

2. Teams gain points for their finishing position in the match to accumulate to a final tally. The team with most points at the end of the competition is the competition’s winnning team.

3. Each team will present five (5) team members chosen from a pool of eight (8) SNZ licenced riders to compete in each match. A number six (6) rider (reserve) may also be used as described below

4. The eight (8) pool members from each province will be ranked in order from 1 to 8 and registered with the competition co ordinators/adjuicators. Riders may only be chosen from the registered list for each match.

5. The competition will be overseen by co-ordinators Rick Lang and Mike Provost who will also act as adjudicators. Their decision will be final. Either one or both will be present at each match. They may appoint any person to act in their place should either be unable to attend.

6. All competition announcements will be directly from the competition co-ordinators only

7. After notification from the team managers, teams for each match will be approved and officially announced only by the competition co-ordinators at the same time. This is to prevent any team having an advatage by naming after the opposing team.

8. Speedway New Zealand rules and regulations will be adhered to throughout the match with any modifications listed with in these competition rules.

MATCH RULES

TEAM MAKEUP

9. Each match shall consist of two five (5) rider teams.Team riders are numbered 1 to 5. These allocated numbers will be their racing number and order for the match on the day

10. Riders 1, 2 & 3 are considered heat leaders and may be of any order or position (as longs as higher than the match riders 4 and 5) in the team rider rankings. Riders 4 & 5 are the lower ranked riders for the match with rider 5 the lowest and are treated as reserve riders who maybe interchanged to replace any rider of equal or higher ranking during the match. Riders 4 & 5 are the only riders that maybe interchanged during the match except for otherwise mentioned in these rules.

11. No rider may have more than six (6) or less than three (3) rides (excepting injury) in any match.

12. Teams may also have a 6th (sixth)rider present at the match. This rider maybe used during the match only to replace an injured rider who cannot continue racing in the match. Rider six (6) may take the place of the injured rider or rider 4 or 5 if these are used as the replacement, bearing in mind the maximum number of rides reserves are allowed. The 6th (sixth) rider must be ranked lower than the match heat leaders and may only have a maximum of three (3) rides in the match. Once an injured rider has been replaced and the 6th rider used, the rider replaced cannot return to the match. The league co ordinator must approve the replacement and the opposing team notified of the 6th rider replacement.

13. I f a team has not arrived with a number six (6) rider, the host team may provide a rider to fill this role. In this case the rider used doesnot have to be a registered rider with the competition, but the competition co-ordinator must be advised and approve.

TEAM MANAGER

14. Each team shall have a Team Manager who shall:-

(i) Supply the competition co-ordinators with any information, logos, sponsors etc. the team may have.

(ii) Notify the competition co-ordinators of the team makeup and any team changes before each match.

(iii) Ensure the team arrives complete, correct and ontime for each match

(iv) Is responsible for the conduct of all team members and assistants

(v) Ensure all machines are checked by the track vehicle checker and riders are signed in with all paper

work completed

(vi) Allocate the team members their racing numbers and notify officials before riders briefing

(vii) Ensure riders and machines bear the correct rider racing number

(viii) Appoint a team captain from the 1 – 5 for the match

(ix) Oversee the team during the event and be responsible for riders being in their correct heats and grids on time

(x) Notify the clerk of the course should a rider require the two minute bell

(xi) Notify the clerk of the course and competition co-ordinator of any rider or machine changes / replacements / tacticals or any other issues.

(xii) At no time is the team manager to approach the referee or steward during the match. Under SNZ rules only a rider and or the riders’ representative may do so.

(xiii) Follow any directions given by the referee, steward, clerk of course and / or competition co-ordinator

MATCH RACING RULES

15. Each match shall consist of a heat format as supplied by the competition co-ordinators in which two teams will compete to gain points. The team with the most points at the conclusion of the heats is the winner.

(i) In each heat points scoring shall be 3 - 2 – 1 – 0 in order of rider finishing

(ii) Tactical Substitute - After the conclusion of heat four (4), a team which is six (6) points or more in arrears may use a tactical rider replacement. Any rider of the 1 – 3 may be used as a tactical substitute to replace any other team rider in any one of the remaining heats, but not the final heat, as long as the team remains six (6) points or more in arrears. A team may only use a tactical substitute once in the match. The opposing team, clerk of the course and co ordinator must be notified.

(iii) Joker – A team which is eight (8) points or more in arrears may play a Joker. This will enable a nominated rider to score double points in a nominated heat only. The joker maybe played at any time after heat four ( 4), but not in the final heat. The team must be eight (8 ) points or more in arrears at the time of playing the Joker. A team may only use the Joker once in a match. The opposing team, clerk of the course and co ordinator must be notified.

(iv) Should the teams be tied on points at the conclusion of the heats both teams shall choose one rider each to compete in a 4 lap runoff to decide the match.

(v) Tape exclusions. Riders incuring a starting tape infringement shall in the first incident be allowed to restart in their grid 20m behind. A rider incuring a second infringement during the match in any heat shall be excluded from the heat and not be replaced in that heat.

(vi) Riders deemed excluded by the referee (fallen or otherwise) in any heat cannot be replaced in that heat by another rider.

(vii) Riders eligible for restart after a race stoppage but unable to make the restart for any reason shall not be replaced in that heat.

(viii) Riders may change machines up until the the rider is in the starters control at the starting tapes for the initial start of the heat unless otherwise stated in these rules

(ix) Riders eligible for restart after a race stoppage may only change machines if their machine is damaged and unable to be ridden safely. If a rider’s machine is still running and in race trim at the time of the stoppage it maynot be replaced.

(x) Starting positions. There will be four starting positions controlled by the starting tapes for each heat. These positions will be 1, 2, 3, 4 from the pole line to the safety fence. In each heat a team will be allocated either 1 & 3 or 2 & 4 starting positions. In each heat the two riders for each team will decide which of the team allocated grids they occupy for the start. The allotment of grids will be decided before the racing commences at the riders’ briefing. The ‘away’ team captain will have grid choice for the first heat, thereafter the grids will alternate each heat for each team. This will be notified to all riders at the briefing.

(xi) All SNZ racing rules to be adhered to unless modified in these rules

MATCH SCORING

16. Completed matches

(i) The match winning team will be awarded 3 points

(ii) The losing team finishing less than 6 points of the winning team will be awarded 1 point

(iii) Bonus points: A team scoring 5 or more heat maximums (3+2) will be awarded 1 bonus point

17. Abandoned / Drawn Matches

(i) For matches abandoned and considered drawn both teams will be awarded 2 points each (being ½ of the 3 points for a win and ½ of the 1 bonus point for losing team within 6 points 1 ½ + ½ = 2 points) Plus any other bonus point earned for heat maximums as in Rule 14 (iii)

18. At the conclusion of all matches in the competition, the team with the most points will be declared winner. Should no clear winner be evident, a countback system shall be used as below.

19. Should teams be tied on points and no clear winner decided, a countback system as below (in order) will be used and the winning team shall be:

(i) In the first countback - the team which has scored the most bonus points over the series. If this is inconclusive then go to point (ii)

(ii) In the second countback - the team with the higher points differential over the matches in which the teams concerned met. If this is inconclusive then got to point (iii)

(iii) In the third countback - the team with the higher points differential over the complete series of matches

Squads:

Auckland Rhinos

1 Sean Mason

2 Bradley Wilson-Dean

3 Ryan Terry-Daly

4 Dylan Hancock

5 Brady Mudgeway

6 Jason MacKay

7 Billy Graham

8 Bradley Andrews

Managers: Steve Etches Tanya Bagshaw

Canterbury Comets:

1 Dale Finch

2 Andrew Aldridge

3 Kody Tocher

4 Brannon Coppard

5 Ryan Moss

6 Craig Blackett

7 Konnor McClusky-Young

8 Andy Walker

Manager: Rhys Hamburger

Southland Outlaws:

1 Grant Tregoning

2 Paul Hayes

3 Jack MacRae

4 Jeremey Godfrey

5 Hayden Sims

6 Alex Cunningham

7 John Tuffley

8 TBA

Managers: Derek MacRae Kevin Godfrey

PROVISION PAINTING SERVICES INTER-PROVINCIAL SOLO TEAM COMPETITION 2013 SCORE BOARD

AUCKLAND RHINOS 3 2 1 0 1 1 6 2 8

CANTERBURY COMETS 2 2 0 0 0 0 6 0 6

SOUTHLAND OUTLAWS 3 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0

November 3rd Canty (H) 39 v Akl (A) 35 Moore Park

win 3pts bonus 1pt

November 9th Sthld (H) 23 v Akl (A) 48 Oreti Park

loss 0pts win+bon 4pts

November 17th Akl (H) 43 v Sthld (A) 32 Rosebank Road

win 3pts loss 0pts

November 24th Canty (H) 40 v Sthld (A) 31 Moore Park

win 3pts loss 0pts

January 12th Akl (H) v Canty (A) Rosebank Road

January 18th Sthld (H) v Canty (A) Oreti Park

Edited by thehammer

sorry, kiwi, but there is no access to this particular facebook site if one isn't a facebook member. And I don't want to sign up just to view this page.

Some other facebook sites are open for everyone to view, so why isn't this one?

I think the NZ League season is nearly over. It was just three teams, each staging two home matches and two away matches. I visit the main New Zealand speedway site regularly and there is virtually no interest being shown by its members in the competition - which is a pity.

I think it's more a case of it being a 'group' rather than a 'page' on Facebook which means it can not be viewed so easily.

So why do they havew it as a group? :)

A more in-depth look at the rules for you........

So why do they have it as a group! :)

Much appreciated thanks.

So why do they have it as a group! :)

Much appreciated thanks.

I wouldn't know... it's just the way it is set up. The Moore Park Page was also a group, but there is currently a new one under construction which is an actual Page for the public.

http://www.facebook.com/Mooreparkmotorcylespeedway?fref=ts

I think the group part is mainly aimed at the riders, officials and like minded people as they can then get application forms etc added to the group also.

Edited by thehammer

The next meeting in this mini league takes place at the weekend and is Auckland v Canterbury at Rosebank.

Once I find the results I will post on here for you :)

Auckland Rhinos 41 v 32 Canterbury Comets

1 Sean Mason © 2 2 3 e/f 3 10

2 Ryan Terry-Daley 0 2 1 2 2 7
3 Bradley Wilson-Dean 3 0 3 3 1 10
4 Dylan Hancock ® ef 2 1 1 0 4
5 Brady Mudgeway ® 3 1 3 3 10

1 Dale Finch © 3 1 2 4 2 12
2 Kody Tocher 1 mf 3 1 1 6
3 Andrew Aldridge 2 3 2 0 2 0 9
4 Brannon Coppard ® F 0 0 1 1

5 Ryan Moss ® 1 0 0 3 4

Despite Canterbury having 1 meeting to go against Southland this weekend Auckland have won the league. Standings are as follows:

AUCKLAND RHINOS 4 3 1 0 1 1 9 2 11
CANTERBURY COMETS 3 2 1 0 0 0 6 0 6

Any of these riders a shot at nz wildcard? Or will that go to bunyan again? Or winner of nz champ likely to get it?

I think after this weekends final meeting a set of averages are going to be released.... provisionally at the top at present is Andy Aldridge who is probably as good as any in NZ at present. Him and Grant Tregoning would be the main 2, with Sean Mason and Dale Finch up there too.....

Some up and coming youngsters from the U21's including Mason and Bradley Wilson-Dean who seems to have improved a lot this season...

In general though Bunyan is usually still ahead of them all, if he's down the NZ Solo GP at Moore Park I'll have a browse again to see if any of the others have caught up

Thanks for the interesting info from the previous attempt at league racing. Wow! was that an exceptional monsoon year for New Zealand or does it really rain that much, it always seems to be raining whenever i see clips of NZ, and that's from a Mancunian lol.

'matches over four heats' OMG! is that a joke? My heart dropped in disappointment when i saw that until......

That's far better, twelve heats :)

I agree.

Auckland Rhinos 41 v 32 Canterbury Comets

1 Sean Mason © 2 2 3 e/f 3 10

2 Ryan Terry-Daley 0 2 1 2 2 7
3 Bradley Wilson-Dean 3 0 3 3 1 10
4 Dylan Hancock ® ef 2 1 1 0 4
5 Brady Mudgeway ® 3 1 3 3 10

1 Dale Finch © 3 1 2 4 2 12

2 Kody Tocher 1 mf 3 1 1 6

3 Andrew Aldridge 2 3 2 0 2 0 9

4 Brannon Coppard ® F 0 0 1 1

5 Ryan Moss ® 1 0 0 3 4

Despite Canterbury having 1 meeting to go against Southland this weekend Auckland have won the league. Standings are as follows:

AUCKLAND RHINOS 4 3 1 0 1 1 9 2 11
CANTERBURY COMETS 3 2 1 0 0 0 6 0 6

Any scores from the final match os the season - and a final league table please? Many thanks.