British Speedway Forum
JamesM09

Kent Kings 2014

So... Cradley look mighty strong with Starke, Perry and Worrall as their HL's. I will stick my neck out and say we can enjoy a fight for second spot with Mildenhall.

When can we expect fixture lists to be available? I can then start planning my first ever Speedway tour.

Careful whistlegang, you're perilously close to being on topic there........

• Like 2

So whistlegang you appear to tip Cradley, yes they have what appears to be a strong lineup but speedway does depend upon many things outside the remit of the magnificent seven. So they look strong but will the partnerships provide the majority heat wins? Weather, confidence, falls and regrettably injury can seriously deplete any strengths that the team may depend upon.

Also the elite league draft riders will be missing from their teams a number of times if i have been informed correctly that elite (Or british league) takes priority..then there are those with premier league commitments,,so that will play a big part in who finishes where in the table..So it is very difficult to make predictions on how things will pan out this season....

at least I have the balls to predict. this topic was turning angry so just wanted to break it up a bit.

is it tapes up yet?!!!!!

Lambert is liable to be missing even more times than Ben, as he is riding in 3 leagues, in fact both could be missing on occasions . This situation will apply to most National league sides ,could be a problem ,?

Lambert is liable to be missing even more times than Ben, as he is riding in 3 leagues, in fact both could be missing on occasions . This situation will apply to most National league sides ,could be a problem ,?

Poses another query then, will equivalent points grading (green sheets) replacement riders be permitted? To possibly ride minus two heat leaders will really start to distort the results. Whistlegang, good of you to move the subject matter forward, not that I disagree with a factual debate, however, personal aggro pushes the boundaries of this forum.

It's all a problem of speedway's own making. All so typical of the modern day sport. Even football could not have a bigger balls up - if you get the drift of that remark! Which I doubt many will?

So at last it is just beginning to sink in that with the new system of using NL riders in EL teams it will leave NL sides weaker when fixture clashes occur so R/R will be used even more in the season to come, Brilliant news, a flawed new system even before injuries kick in.

• Like 1

Doesn't apply to Stoke, none of our top 5 have PL or EL commitments.

Doesn't apply to Stoke, none of our top 5 have PL or EL commitments.

At last some good news for Stoke!!!! From my maths, Cradley have ALL 7 declared riders in too many UK Leagues, and if Steve goes to Poland with Ritchie on Sundays, ...take your pick from EL, PL, NL & MDL double or triple ups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2014 should be strange to say the least.

So at last it is just beginning to sink in that with the new system of using NL riders in EL teams it will leave NL sides weaker when fixture clashes occur so R/R will be used even more in the season to come, Brilliant news, a flawed new system even before injuries kick in.

Under new regulations a guest rider is permissible for an EL absentee on the same race day to the points value of the missing rider.

Malcolm Vasey

• Like 1

Under new regulations a guest rider is permissible for an EL absentee on the same race day to the points value of the missing rider.

Malcolm Vasey

So would that mean TWO Guests if say Birmingham faced Lakeside on a Monday night..?

So would that mean TWO Guests if say Birmingham faced Lakeside on a Monday night..?

Well you would have a guest for your No.1 if he was still in that position devoid of the seven day rule and a guest under the new regulations subject to all requirements being met for the other rider. That is my understanding of the new regulations but I have not seen them its from the discussion. The rule for a guest replacement No.1 is different to other guests in that the seven day rule does not apply.

Malcolm Vasey

Thanks for the info Malcolm im sure things are now becoming clearer for the Kent fans,,Good luck with Stoke except when they are riding against us ,,and look forward to seeing you around this season ..