British Speedway Forum
JamesM09

Kent Kings 2014

Gone quiet on here,,,Gustix,s fault he could be having trouble with his laptop again... Been looking at the strenghts of all the teams, and touch wood we have a virtually injury free season ,i see no reason why we will not be challenging for honours.. come september...

Doubt it.Seems he has been around and is now active on the hated Facebook.So it all points to sitting out a ban on here or he has nothing to say.I'd go for the former :P

Bit of stalking there?

Seems like it.Lonesome George turned up on a thread he hasn't been on before because someone he is infatuated with has posted :rofl:

As for 'gustix'....suddenly become active on a FB group i have been quite a while active in.Thought he was previously on here asking about things on FB,because he wasn't a member and didn't want to join having previously gotten into trouble there....... ;)

“He seeks him here, he seeks him there

That iris123 seeks him everywhere

Is he in General Discussions, National League, Years Gone By or is he on Facebook?

That demned elusive gustix”

::::: With acknowledgments to the famed quote by Emmuska Orczy, The Scarlet Pimpernel

Still think David over Benji. Hope they are paired for racing in the team as they were I suggest the best pairing last season.

Dates when Simon and Ben might not be available:

03/05: Stoke (A) - Ben Morley (Lakeside),

05/05: Mildenhall (H) - Simon Lambert (Rye House), Ben Morley (Lakeside),

12/05: Stoke (H) - Simon Lambert (Birmingham)

09/06: Poole (H) - Ben Morley (Lakeside),

07/07: Mildenhall (H) - Simon Lambert (Birmingham),

11/07: Devon (A) - Ben Morley (Lakeside)

18/08: Buxton (H) - Ben Morley (Lakeside),

23/08: Stoke (A) - Ben Morley (Lakeside),

25/08: Lakeside (H) - Simon Lambert (Birmingham)

I believe Kent is the only team to lose two riders for a National League meeting on the same day. BAck to what the replacement rules will be?

But confused? Have Lakeside and Poole joined the NL?

Is there any news on what Adam Kirby will be doing in 2014 now that he appears to be surplus to Kent Kings needs?

message him on Facebook?

What if we don't use Facebook?????

Seriously though, with him living locally, he could possibly represent King's Lynn in MDL. This of course isn't really a forward step, and who knows, maybe Scunthorpe might be an option.

I hope somebody gives the lad a chance as a reward for the loyalty he showed to Kent last year, riding in a total of 27-meetings. Equal most of any rider in the team. Riders like that are a godsend, and it's a shame there aren't a great deal more like him.......well there aare.....but you know what I mean.

• Like 1

What if we don't use Facebook?????

Seriously though, with him living locally, he could possibly represent King's Lynn in MDL. This of course isn't really a forward step, and who knows, maybe Scunthorpe might be an option.

I hope somebody gives the lad a chance as a reward for the loyalty he showed to Kent last year, riding in a total of 27-meetings. Equal most of any rider in the team. Riders like that are a godsend, and it's a shame there aren't a great deal more like him.......well there aare.....but you know what I mean.

While not really a forward step as you say Mike, at least it keeps him riding competitively and in the minds of NL promoters and we know from harsh experience that rarely do the seven riders teams start out with remain fit enough to complete the whole season :( . Opportunities are bound to appear at some point, riders like Kirby just need to be ready to take them

While not really a forward step as you say Mike, at least it keeps him riding competitively and in the minds of NL promoters and we know from harsh experience that rarely do the seven riders teams start out with remain fit enough to complete the whole season :( . Opportunities are bound to appear at some point, riders like Kirby just need to be ready to take them

Yeah mate, my comment was by no means knocking him for riding in the MDL, far from it. I was really just emphasising (is that the correct spelling, as it doesn't look right?) what a loyal rider they would be taking on with someone like Adam. As all teams apart from Scunthorpe now appear to be full, that would seem to be his only immediate opportunity.

Yes and as you are suggesting, doors could open for him with clubs for numerous reasons, but hopefully not through injuries.

The big difference with Speedway these days at this kind of level is the requirement to have only seven 'declared riders'. Back in the day they'd be effectively a 'squad' of riders and with active second halves a rider not in the team right now could ride second halves and then get his chance if injury happened and/or if he showed good form (like say, beating the incumbent reserve) in second half racing. Of course difficult for us at Central Park to fit in second half races but we did manage a few times last year.

As Mimmo says, my guess would be both Adam and Sam may end up getting a chance in the Scunthorpe Stags side..?

Thank you to those of you who have been enquiring about Adam Kirby and what he will be doing in 2014.

Adam is the first to admit that he had a disappointing end to the season in 2013 after starting it so well, his confidence took a battering and took time to get it back. He did start to show signs of his old self at the end of the season with some really good rides at Leicester in a mdl cup match for kings lynn against long eaton.

He would have loved to have returned to the kings this season but alas it wasn't to be so he is riding for kings lynn lightening in the mdl this season and also hoping to pick up guest bookings if they arise. As some have said teams rarely finish the season with the same 7 that they start with so Adam will wait and hope he gets a call from a team. One thing for sure is that he will be ready if that call comes.

• Like 1

Thank you to those of you who have been enquiring about Adam Kirby and what he will be doing in 2014.

Adam is the first to admit that he had a disappointing end to the season in 2013 after starting it so well, his confidence took a battering and took time to get it back. He did start to show signs of his old self at the end of the season with some really good rides at Leicester in a mdl cup match for kings lynn against long eaton.

He would have loved to have returned to the kings this season but alas it wasn't to be so he is riding for kings lynn lightening in the mdl this season and also hoping to pick up guest bookings if they arise. As some have said teams rarely finish the season with the same 7 that they start with so Adam will wait and hope he gets a call from a team. One thing for sure is that he will be ready if that call comes.

Let's hope Adam has a fresh start and realizes his dream of getting a permanent team spot. Good luck Adam.