British Speedway Forum
JamesM09

Kent Kings 2014

I would expect Mason may well be nailed on to captain the side. What a difference 12 months can make

Simon Lambert is the new Captain.

I have spoken to Jayne at buxton about Adam bw double. They have their reserves already so if they did sign Adam it would have to be in main body of team.

Edited by moosetash64

I have spoken to Jayne at buxton about Adam bw double. They have their reserves already so if they did sign Adam it would have to be in main body of team.

Nothing wrong with riding there scunny will have mostly riders like adam riding throughout the whole team

And is Simons' election as team captain a surprise? David has the vice captain position.

'Vice' captain, now theres a position man :lol: . I have plenty of experience in that area ya know

I think the information has been put up but I cannot seem to find it (must go to Specsavers ASAP). Has the date been finalised as yet for the pre-season practice at Central Park?

4pm Monday April 14th JH followed by a 'Fans' Forum.' Full fixture list, as it currently stands on club's official website at: http://www.kentkings.co

Edited by Bryn

Now we know the team and the fixtures any considerations on riding order for the early outings?

Now we know the team and the fixtures any considerations on riding order for the early outings?

If I was deciding the order I'd personally go something like this:

1. Lambert

2. Mason

3. Chessell

4. Morley

5. Compton

6. Blake

7. Freemantle

Mason at 2 gives experience in heat 1 and a good chance of a heat win come heat 8.

Most other sides use a heat leader at 3, so putting Chessell there leaves a heat leader elsewhere in the Kings 1-5.

Morley at 4 gives Chessell a strong partner and a top rider in heat 14.

Compton can cope at 5 and would thrive in that position.

Freemantle as the strongest reserve at number 7 is self explanatory.

Interesting observasions on the riding positions Rocket Ben could work well as you say, but i recon they will stick with Chessel at 2 and Mason and Compton at 3 and 4 Morley at 5 and Freemantle at 7 ..Surprised that David Mason is not Captain he is brilliant in that roll highly respected by the riders and would have done a great job.. I personally dont see how they have arrived at this selection of Lambert he will be missing for a number of meetings, Is new to the team and the fans ,dont get it?

Interesting observasions on the riding positions Rocket Ben could work well as you say, but i recon they will stick with Chessel at 2 and Mason and Compton at 3 and 4 Morley at 5 and Freemantle at 7 ..Surprised that David Mason is not Captain he is brilliant in that roll highly respected by the riders and would have done a great job.. I personally dont see how they have arrived at this selection of Lambert he will be missing for a number of meetings, Is new to the team and the fans ,dont get it?

I disagree and think it is a great appointment.I understand Lambert REALLY wanted the position and the riders voted him in.Also like Boxall last year it is good the No 1 rider is Captain and leads the team from the front.IMHO. :lol:

If I was deciding the order I'd personally go something like this:

1. Lambert

2. Mason

3. Chessell

4. Morley

5. Compton

6. Blake

7. Freemantle

Mason at 2 gives experience in heat 1 and a good chance of a heat win come heat 8.

Most other sides use a heat leader at 3, so putting Chessell there leaves a heat leader elsewhere in the Kings 1-5.

Morley at 4 gives Chessell a strong partner and a top rider in heat 14.

Compton can cope at 5 and would thrive in that position.

Freemantle as the strongest reserve at number 7 is self explanatory.

i hadn't even thought of using Mason at number 2 - this is a very good lineup in my opinion....but we won't get to see Mason and Compton continue their partnership :(

i can feel the excitement building again - not long now.

I would have gone with Mason - what a difference it made to the season when he was restored to the team. That said, if Lambert wanted it and the riders voted for him, then good luck to him. I hope Lambert insists on getting the riders out on parade before every meeting (no excuses).

Dont get carried away with the all the riders voted for Lambert ...not true,, Len and the 2 team managers would have had a vote as well,,You dont need a number one as captain , (Boxall great rider and looked after himself ,say no more , ) you need someone who is going to be there supporting the other riders with advice and machinery when required ,,That my friends is David Mason, He is widely respected as a captain and as a person..Having spent some time in the pits myself, i know this to be true...

Edited by waco
  • Like 1