British Speedway Forum

I think they ought to have qualifiers like they used to have, at least 2 semi's.

Convert all British PL league riders averages to EL league averages, the top 32 brits devided into 2 semi's and run them early season doors to provide some meaningful meetings for both british riders and fans... one semi at say Sheffield or Leicester and one at Coventry or Birmingham..

Any takers?

I think they ought to have qualifiers like they used to have, at least 2 semi's.

Convert all British PL league riders averages to EL league averages, the top 32 brits devided into 2 semi's and run them early season doors to provide some meaningful meetings for both british riders and fans... one semi at say Sheffield or Leicester and one at Coventry or Birmingham..

Any takers?

I believe there were two semi-finals in 2013, as there are generally I think. One was at Edinburgh and one at Sheffield if memory serves me correct.

No idea when the 2014 British Final will be. Imagine we'll find out when the fixtures come out late December/early January

About time it was removed from Monmore and put on a decent sized track for a change.

Better to be on a track that regularly gets voted as best race/prepared track than a one line blue groove.

It appears Monmore is its natural home (bit like Swindon and the ELRC, Sheffield and the PLRC, Peterborough and the PL 4`S).

Don't make it into my track is better than your`s because Monmore is a tracked that is loved by the riders, that at least is important.

Better to be on a track that regularly gets voted as best race/prepared track than a one line blue groove.

It appears Monmore is its natural home (bit like Swindon and the ELRC, Sheffield and the PLRC, Peterborough and the PL 4`S).

Don't make it into my track is better than your`s because Monmore is a tracked that is loved by the riders, that at least is important.

Bore off Steve why should your club host it every season.... :nono:

Ridiculous!! ;)

Edited by Flyin Panther

Think it should be at Somerset, because its a great race track & also a neutral venue. Still think Tai would win it, but he wouldnt have home track advantage. Also think the wild card for Cardiff should be given to whoever finishes highest apart from Tai. I realise this might be a problem, but think the BSPA should do all they can to bring it back.

Monmore might well be prepared OK but its about the only track where riders bikes go backwards into the corners before they go forward. Put it on a different track for a change. Boring being at Monmore every year, as is the ELRC at Swindon.

Same old riders will be in the top 4 virtually every year unless we give another track a chance.

• Like 2

God, I remember some cracking British Finals from the 80's and early 90's!! From Brandon on a Sunday afternoon, hardly enough room to swing a helmet cover round ya head, absolutely packed out and the Roseycomb pub pre meeting drinking with the American riders!!

Why can't we bring some real importance back into this meeting.... suppose there's nothing materialistic to gain, especially if they select a rider for Cardiff, and there's no world championship qualifiers like the overseas and inter-continental finals anymore....

Nothing wrong with Monmore. Definitely one of the country's better tracks. I agree with ORLOVSKI, the major meetings should be shared around. Having said that, the British Final at Brandon and the ELRC at the old Hyde Road were superb times and packed crowds.

The British Final at Somerset's Oak Tree Arena, with an air fence, would be terrific, and the ELRC at the EOES would be my choice for 2014.

• Like 1

All the best British Finals, I can remember were all at Coventry. I remember parking half a mile away, and having to walk to Brandon, because the crowds were so good. It was a meeting everybody wanted to go to, riders and spectators alike. Just to ride there was an achievement in it's self. Many times, top riders failed the qualification to reach the finals. such was the importance, the meeting held. Not only was the track always in brilliant condition, it provided every rider the opportunity to race. Being centrally located enable supporters from all parts of the country to attain. The place was always packed to the rafters and the atmosphere was amazing. How times have changed.!!!.

Although, Wolves is not one of my favoured tracks, it is central to the country. But the occasion is not same value it once was, now its just a glorified open meeting, that means very little. They took what credibility, it had, away last year by nominating the entrance to Cardiff.

Probably the only two places I would go to watch it now, would be Lynn or Peterborough, only then because it would be close to home..

• Like 2

Monmore might well be prepared OK but its about the only track where riders bikes go backwards into the corners before they go forward. Put it on a different track for a change. Boring being at Monmore every year, as is the ELRC at Swindon.

Same old riders will be in the top 4 virtually every year unless we give another track a chance.

Same old riders will be in the top 4 on any track. We don't have a wealth of riders threatening to break the boredom sadly.

OMG - we agree on something? :t:

I am a little surprised that it is possible. ;-)