British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

• 12 Elite League Teams
  • 38.00 Limit
  • Only 1 rider over 7.50

You're really boring you know. Why do you make this crap up? Does it give you some kind of moronic thrill?

Would British speedway be any worse off if all the overseas rider didn't ride here. Would people still go or do they just go to see the top riders. With a level field with only Brtish riders it could make the racing more competitive.

Without the usual two riders or one rider so far in front and the rest with not less rider skill but inferior machines coming home half a lap behind.

It also may improve the quaulity for our home riders if they got the chance to ride in a better British league structure. We would then get a better class of young British riders that could compete at world level.

We sadly need to bring on more top class young British riders than we have now and they are being held back by place in the top flight of both the EL/PL being made up of overseas riders.

We will have to wait and see what happens at the end of this week, but I think people would see so fine racing on our tracks if things planed out that way.

Britain needs British riders. They need to become the stars of the future not for the sake of Brtish speewday or world speedway but for the sake of and the future of speedway to carry on as the way it is, it can't carry on for much longer the way it is going at the moment.

Bring down admision prices. For one I can't afford to go to every meeting and have to chose when I go.

If the admission price was lowered and the racing was on a more level footing and it came back to what speewday is all about that is a team contest on the track, with the team pairings, getting a good gate and getting to the front and then teying their upmost to keep the other teams from passing then I think you would get some very good racing.

Not sure this is ever going to happens, maybe just a dream. But something drastic has to be done before we see most of the clubs go under from wages for riders who ask far to much to ride when I say do we need them.

Do we just go to see the top world names or do we go to see some decent speedway meetings.

At the moment they don't satisfy the needs of anybody, except perhaps Len Silver!

If that points limit is true, it's the death of speedway.

For once, I agree with you

• 12 Elite League Teams
  • 38.00 Limit
  • Only 1 rider over 7.50

Well, if correct then that means conveniently there are 12 riders with averages above 7.5, if Holder comes back, and Hancock and Lindgren are no shows, so not really a surprise if you want to spread around the 'top' (!!) riders around; and perhaps squeeze out all the journeyman foreign riders who never seem to get above a high 5 average. Probably get a 10% 'British' rider average reduction - dependent on which of the 'influential' clubs have already got brits signed or ready to sign

If this is the best that does eventually come out tomorrow, then nothing really changes, and takes us backwards. If you're going to water it down get more teams in.

Curious as to whether this would lead to any PL changes

• 12 Elite League Teams
  • 38.00 Limit
  • Only 1 rider over 7.50

• 12 Elite League Teams
  • 38.00 Limit
  • Only 1 rider over 7.50

Ive just heard my Auntie has grown a pair of B******S which now makes her my Uncle I think probably my post is nearer the truth than any of yours ever will be

• 12 Elite League Teams
  • 38.00 Limit
  • Only 1 rider over 7.50

If that's true, then Brilliant. The sport needs a new start.

• Like 2

The one thing I would like to see is a 10%-15% reduction for the Brits, promoters will be more inclined to employ Brits a therefore save money. Nothing to do with Coventry having lots of Brits as assets, honest.

• Like 1

If the rumours are correct, British Speedway has just been killed.

Ever since that lass gave you the chop your posts have become dafter with every passing day. :D

They've had chances to do it before and still here we are..Are you hopeful screm? :drink:

I'm always hopeful, there was lots of positive noises pre-agm,I hope there will still be positive noises post-agm.As ever its the EL where the main problems lie, thankfully the PL seems far easier to sort out, maybe the EL promoters could learn a thing or to from their PL counterparts.

A few being a bit harsh on HRFans I think.

It may or may not be 12 teams but IF it is then the limit needs to be around 38.

Without an influx of a dozen or so higher end riders then a 42+ limit would mean disaster for the newcomers.

This is not going to happen as the cost of such is the whole reason for the changes.

Leave things as they are and not only do the new teams not move up but a number of the existing would want out and the Elite crumbles anyway.

Would British speedway be any worse off if all the overseas rider didn't ride here. Would people still go or do they just go to see the top riders. With a level field with only Brtish riders it could make the racing more competitive.

Without the usual two riders or one rider so far in front and the rest with not less rider skill but inferior machines coming home half a lap behind.

It also may improve the quaulity for our home riders if they got the chance to ride in a better British league structure. We would then get a better class of young British riders that could compete at world level.

We sadly need to bring on more top class young British riders than we have now and they are being held back by place in the top flight of both the EL/PL being made up of overseas riders.

We will have to wait and see what happens at the end of this week, but I think people would see so fine racing on our tracks if things planed out that way.

Britain needs British riders. They need to become the stars of the future not for the sake of Brtish speewday or world speedway but for the sake of and the future of speedway to carry on as the way it is, it can't carry on for much longer the way it is going at the moment.

Bring down admision prices. For one I can't afford to go to every meeting and have to chose when I go.

If the admission price was lowered and the racing was on a more level footing and it came back to what speewday is all about that is a team contest on the track, with the team pairings, getting a good gate and getting to the front and then teying their upmost to keep the other teams from passing then I think you would get some very good racing.

Not sure this is ever going to happens, maybe just a dream. But something drastic has to be done before we see most of the clubs go under from wages for riders who ask far to much to ride when I say do we need them.

Do we just go to see the top world names or do we go to see some decent speedway meetings.

Can't agree more, lets go with British riders and forget all the GP boys, we've done it before and we can do it again. And while on about the GP's, if it is true that BSI/IMG pay over $1,000,000 a year to that load of c**p called the FIM, who are not interested in speedway, why can't they instead put that money into grass roots speedway.

• Like 1

The problem is that if the quality of riders is lower, the brits would attain a higher average and then be forced out.

How would limiting the league to only British riders make it more competitive?

There would be a massive disparity between the better riders like Woffinden, Harris and Nicholls and the National League juniors who you would need to make up the numbers.

It would also put a huge financial strain on young riders, who can currently race in the National League using largely an amateur set-up, but they would need a costly professional set-up to race in the same league as the top British riders.