British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

Not really very comparable.

I doubt even in the worst times that Heinz is losing money on every bottle they produce, so can afford to maintain quality.

I also doubt you spend 15 quid a week on premium ketchup.

It's entirely comparable. If a product that I have come to know and love decreases signifcantly in quality then I will not enjoy it anymore. Even if the product was much cheaper, I still wouldn't purchase it.

A large majority of speedway fans do not come on the forum and are not familiar with the politics of speedway. As far as they are concerned they see a product that no longer meets the standard they have come to expect and will reconsider whether or not it is worth their money. There is no point pretending this isn't a real issue because it is. There will be a further noticable decline in attendances this season.

Edited by Synikalle
  • Like 4

Damn I am Jelly :) unless it was the two guys in which case I am not :rofl:

Was one of the blokes who name escapes me and the girl Jay.. Good drinkers and nice people.

My older sister who remembered them in their heyday was laughably overwhelmed when she met me the following morning at Heathrow as we all stumbled off through arrivals hungover chatting like old friends..

• Like 1

Okay - but all the early stuff which was posted said they'd only be two rides. I'm unclear in truth why they didn't release the news about race format when they were ready instead of allowing such confusion!

This yellow paint has been tested in Argentina, Canada & The Vatican City, it has prooved to be the "straightest" and has been tested on "left hand" corners as well. At the moment supplies are low due to late homological testing by the FIM and it can only be produced in Lithuania at the moment, a couple of other yellow paint suppliers have shown interest in producing the paint, but the FIM believe that it is best to keep it with just the Lithuanian producer until just before the season, when other paint producers will be invited to tender for production rights.. The no yellow kerb/white line rule will be flexible for the first 2.5 meetings until the paint levels are at a level where tracks don't have to share cans. .

Why not use the yellow paint to mark out hatched areas in the car parks and ticket all drivers who stray into it..?! Would be a great money-earner!!

Okay - but all the early stuff which was posted said they'd only be two rides. I'm unclear in truth why they didn't release the news about race format when they were ready instead of allowing such confusion!

There was no confusion.

The original BSPA statement made no reference whatsoever to the number of rides nor the format of them.

Jon Cook's Press Release make it clear that there would be two reserves races AND 'easier outings against rival second strings'.

• Like 1

MY understanding is that the heats involving NL riders will be "protected" which presumably means they will only race against each other...

THIS was where the notion came from - and tbf Mr. Rising is far, far more in the know than virtually anyone else who inhabits this Forum!

Fair enough you took this statement by PR ....

MY understanding is that the heats involving NL riders will be "protected" which presumably means they will only race against each other...

And wrote these yourself ....

Is no-one paying any attention!
The 6 & 7 will have TWO programmed rides only; both against the opposing team's 6 & 7...
How is that so many can't grasp this..?!

The BSPA statement says they (the two 'NL' reserves) will only have TWO programmed rides NOT four!!

So just to clarify.

NOT the BSPA statement.

AND PR never said anything about only TWO programmed rides for reserves.

Thank goodness that's clear, now.

We don't want to get all confused.

• Like 1

Do people on here, not agree the Premier League, although is the 2nd division in the UK, is no longer a training ground (Learning Stepping Stone) for UK based kids.....? For example, a rider from the National League gets signed as a no 6/7, doesn't start to get 6/7/8+ points pretty quick, he's sacked/released..... And they try someone else, because they want to win at all costs, and usually its an out of favour more senior rider from another club... This move in the EL to blood National League riders (top end) and young prem riders (lowr end) will at least override the imminent sackings as they will get a decent run, and be around some of the better riders in the UK, and not so many poorer league riders who's position may be threatened by an up and coming youngster and perhaps less likely to try an bring the younger kid on.....

Just a thought/opinion. .......

• Like 1

Do people on here, not agree the Premier League, although is the 2nd division in the UK, is no longer a training ground (Learning Stepping Stone) for UK based kids.....? For example, a rider from the National League gets signed as a no 6/7, doesn't start to get 6/7/8+ points pretty quick, he's sacked/released..... And they try someone else, because they want to win at all costs, and usually its an out of favour more senior rider from another club... This move in the EL to blood National League riders (top end) and young prem riders (lowr end) will at least override the imminent sackings as they will get a decent run, and be around some of the better riders in the UK, and not so many poorer league riders who's position may be threatened by an up and coming youngster and perhaps less likely to try an bring the younger kid on.....

Just a thought/opinion. .......

Well done. You make some excellent points which I endorse. But after following speedway for 67 years (since 1946 on a regular basis) the happenings in speedway these days just confuses me.

Decisions are made, they are not always clearly explained, then comes the explanations but instead of settling the matter adds to the confusion. Then the cycle starts with more explanations which seemingly just further confuses everything, and so it goes on, and on, and on... :unsure:

It does seem we only get the headlines from the B.S.P.A meetings, and never the complete information people want .. I always get the feeling they do not want the fans to know to much,, especially if they dont really know what they are doing themselves...

• Like 1

"The 6 & 7 will have TWO programmed rides only; both against the opposing team's 6 & 7..." is incorrect.

"The Elite League race format will be altered to hand these riders two races against their opposing reserves instead of one, and easier outings against rival second strings" was what Jon Cook said.

Is no-one paying any attention?

So will this formula,when agreed on, also be adopted by the PL? With gathering uncertainties over the ability of 2013 NL teams to operate in 2014, young british riders will also need guaranteed places at 6 and 7 in the PL across all teams to protect them from being bounced out of the team due to pressure created by under-performance of the top 5 riders.(e.g. Branford, Sarjeant). Surely it makes sense for the EL format to be in place at both leagues/levels, to create a proper progession structure?

As for the match format, we currently have 3 heats, which are either reserves only or reserves+second string. (2,7,14). Will the new format add further heat(s) of this type? If so, will admission prices be adjusted accordingly?

• Like 1

Grahame Drury has kindly consented to come on the Speedway Tavern tonight (Wednesday.) He will be answering questions on and talking about the AGM. Obviously as a Brummies fan I have 'other' problems and matters that I would love to have answered. However we will be respecting the fact that Grahame wants to talk about the AGM and leave other matters until another time.

The show starts at 7:45.

If you have any questions you can take part on the shout box on our website or use twitter or facebook. (Links will be provided on the show.)

sports-radio.co.uk

So will this formula,when agreed on, also be adopted by the PL? With gathering uncertainties over the ability of 2013 NL teams to operate in 2014, young british riders will also need guaranteed places at 6 and 7 in the PL across all teams to protect them from being bounced out of the team due to pressure created by under-performance of the top 5 riders.(e.g. Branford, Sarjeant). Surely it makes sense for the EL format to be in place at both leagues/levels, to create a proper progession structure?

As for the match format, we currently have 3 heats, which are either reserves only or reserves+second string. (2,7,14). Will the new format add further heat(s) of this type? If so, will admission prices be adjusted accordingly?

That's a worrying and new trend in regard to the 2014 season. Can you expand further? It's the first I have seen of the possibility you suggest.

It does seem we only get the headlines from the B.S.P.A meetings, and never the complete information people want .. I always get the feeling they do not want the fans to know to much,, especially if they dont really know what they are doing themselves...

Very true.

• Like 1

The 6 & 7 will have TWO programmed rides only; both against the opposing team's 6 & 7...

Cause your wrong. they will have two programed rides against each other and two against the main bodies second string!

Well obviously YOU aren't as the reserves will NOT have TWO programmed rides only but will have a full programme of rides as usual but just not against heat leaders.

Of course being reserves they will be available to replace excluded riders or a rider who is injured in a meeting up to a maximum of seven rides as usual so therefore will come into contact with all opposing team members during a course of a season.

It would be utterly unfair to ask kids to pull the EL out of the doodah and them insult them by only giving them two rides against riders of NL standard. How would that be fast tracking?

People like you are accusing fans of not paying attention but you haven't got a clue what you are talking about yourself.

No wonder we are all confused by this muddle.

PHILIPRISING, on 17 Nov 2013 - 5:24 PM, said:snapback.png

It's as clear as day what is meant as they even mention the Swedish league. In Sweden there are 2 reserves heats which are protected so nobody can make a tac sub in them. The reserves also have the full programmed rides against stronger oppostition giving them a potential 4 programmed rides. They can also replace fellow team members up to a maximimum of 7 rides.

Cook mentions they plan to take this idea further by allowing the 2 programmed rides to not include heat leaders although how this will work depends on the new format and also what constraints are on teams as regards team order. If it means reserves ride against #2 and #4 then what happens when Darcy Ward is named #2 for a tricky away match?

It makes me laugh that some here who think themselves 'in the know' can make such an obvious blunder. Then they have the gall (not getting at you Phil so keep your hair on) to tell the rest of us we are not paying attention or are unable to grasp the principle.

My guess is NO!

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 1