British Speedway Forum
MMX Events

Havvy's Farewell - Poole Speedway - Friday 21st March 2014

Many other riders have had farewell meetings .so what is the issue some people seem to have with this one ?

Tony Rickardsson 2006

leigh Adams 2010 +Poland +Australia !!!!!!

Chris Louis 2011

Phil Morris 2011

Steve Johnsn 2011

Mark Loram 2o11

Garry Stead had a benefit meeting because of his horrific injuries and being unable to work.

Havvy is still battling to save any movement in his left arm with another operation due .Dont forget this was also a career ending injury

if you can find the sentence that says he shouldnt have one then go ahead. what i have said is that people find it strange that people have a testimonial and a farewell meeting.

I know for a fact Mark Loram never had a testimonial

Its pretty irrelevent anyway because this meeting is at Poole which coupled with it being held on a Friday for some reason means its not exactly financially viable.

I would be going for the racing not really Havvys biggest fan, bit up himself, moans a lot, stuck 2 fingers up to his country on numerous occasions, the drugs thing, mean that ive never took to him.

Though wouldnt wish injury on any rider

Havvy is still battling to save any movement in his left arm with another operation due .Dont forget this was also a career ending injury

Apologies if someone already replied, but with work and stuff i've lost track on this thread...does Havelock actually work these days or is he on the sick ?

Genuine question.

Apologies if someone already replied, but with work and stuff i've lost track on this thread...does Havelock actually work these days or is he on the sick ?

Genuine question.

trolling question looking for a response.

Im not Gary Havelocks biggest fan but its well documented he had a serious injury. These guys risk life and limb everytime they go out to entertain so why write a post that is just goading people. You well know he is Coventrys team manager so why ask.

Im not Gary Havelocks biggest fan but its well documented he had a serious injury. These guys risk life and limb everytime they go out to entertain so why write a post that is just goading people. You well know he is Coventrys team manager so why ask.

Excuse me, it's not a trolling question - dont try and assume what i'm thinking please. i'd genuinely like to know. I'm quite aware of his speedway involvement with Coventry, but i would hardly think that would be a full time role or anything near it.

Pm me if you've got a problem with my questions.

Excuse me, it's not a trolling question - dont try and assume what i'm thinking please. i'd genuinely like to know. I'm quite aware of his speedway involvement with Coventry, but i would hardly think that would be a full time role or anything near it.

Pm me if you've got a problem with my questions.

If your not trolling or been out the country then you should know exactly the situation

If your not trolling or been out the country then you should know exactly the situation

For christ sake mate, I asked a simple question. I have a life, which apologies if it offends you, but it means i dont really have the disposable time to sit 24/7 like some geek on the bsf trawling through pages of guff with supporters trying to win an argument.

I asked if he had a job in the real world, simple. I'll assume he hasn't then such is your touchiness.

Jesus, anyway, i'll let you return to trying to win arguments over a keyboard..

They don't go out to entertain.

They go out to have fun and earn money.

• Like 3

Really? I havent a clue either.

As I havent been out of the country since 2003 I guess that makes me a troll - are they those cute things you used to have on the end of your pencils at school?

• Like 3

Wasnt aimed at you it was aimed elsewhere sorry if you took offence.

not offended at all.

Does perhaps show why you get the response on here that you do in that you presumed to know what someone elses opinion/response/motive was and gave it before they had a chance themselves.

Shown again with the next little spat with the doctor.

Unfortunately this means when you do have a good and valid point it goes unnoticed as all people see is "another Gavan post'

• Like 3

Really? I havent a clue either.

As I havent been out of the country since 2003 I guess that makes me a troll - are they those cute things you used to have on the end of your pencils at school?

I don't know either but I would imagine being Coventry's team manager would be his only job, unless he's employed by his dad, because it's a pretty time consuming thing in the speedway season and not many employers would allow all that time off would they? :unsure:

Genuine question.

I don't know either but I would imagine being Coventry's team manager would be his only job, unless he's employed by his dad, because it's a pretty time consuming thing in the speedway season and not many employers would allow all that time off would they? :unsure:

I heard that during the winter he teaches english to foreign students . :lol:

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Is it really all that time consuming?

You turn up to a meeting 60-90 mins before, and leave at the end. It's no more time consuming than it is for a fan going to every meeting home and away during the season.. are they unable to hold down a job?

I've certainly done it!

lets face it, if these managers are going around un-paid, its pretty hard to argue its a tough job, and a job

that holds great responsibility..riders turn up, race, pack up, fly off, theres no team bonding, most tracks cant even practice..

a manager can only make change at certain times, which 9 out of 10 of us could do with ease..if you take simmo at foxhall, what say did he have?..his leaving speech said volumes, even though he wouldn't explain in full (for some reason)!..he don't have the power

to sign a rider, buy a rider, its done by the promotion, the paid ones!

Is it really all that time consuming?

You turn up to a meeting 60-90 mins before, and leave at the end. It's no more time consuming than it is for a fan going to every meeting home and away during the season.. are they unable to hold down a job?

I've certainly done it!

Hence my question i guess. Despite Gavan's pathetic response, i'm still none the wiser.

Hence my question i guess. Despite Gavan's pathetic response, i'm still none the wiser.

I don't know what he does either. I have a feeling that he has some kind of family business with his father, but I haven't a clue what it is.

• Like 1