British Speedway Forum
gaptooth

Heathens 2014

Greaves as now signed, just one more rider to go

Matt Williamson is a Heathen as from this morning according to the Cradley site. Worst kept secret in the Back Country????

Bostin stuff to have our whole team annouced so early. Cannot wait now, we have a great top 3, proberbly two of the best in Worral and Starke. Perry should be back to his best, Max was doing well at in the main body last year and our two reserves look very strong. Nathan could be a problem but if he can stay on his bike we all know he has the speed to win! Good stuff and OmmerUM!

Cradley Heathens 2014 Side

1. Paul Starke (9.93)
2. Max Clegg (6.27)
3. Tom Perry (6.30)
4. Nathan Greaves (4.00)
5. Steve Worrall (7.09)
6. Matt Williamson (3.33)
7. Danny Phillips (3.00)

39.92...Almost every point avaiable spent! Great stuff!

Bostin stuff to have our whole team annouced so early. Cannot wait now, we have a great top 3, proberbly two of the best in Worral and Starke. Perry should be back to his best, Max was doing well at in the main body last year and our two reserves look very strong. Nathan could be a problem but if he can stay on his bike we all know he has the speed to win! Good stuff and OmmerUM!

Where do you get the feeling Nathan could be a problem ?, yes he suffered a loss of confidence around Monmore, but he did well away from home, this season there is no doubts the League as a whole is weaker, and there is the advantage Nathan is young, 2013 was his first season, he can gate which is a heck of an advantage, NO i dont have any worries about Nathan. You have Max who mostly does well at home, so everyone thinks how good he is, and Nathan who mostly does well away, which most fans dont see, so doesnt create such an impression, but they are both great young prospects. Ommer Um.

Where do you get the feeling Nathan could be a problem ?, yes he suffered a loss of confidence around Monmore, but he did well away from home, this season there is no doubts the League as a whole is weaker, and there is the advantage Nathan is young, 2013 was his first season, he can gate which is a heck of an advantage, NO i dont have any worries about Nathan. You have Max who mostly does well at home, so everyone thinks how good he is, and Nathan who mostly does well away, which most fans dont see, so doesnt create such an impression, but they are both great young prospects. Ommer Um.

Well said greyhound. Lots to like about this team. Strength at top and bottom and home and away. As others have said nothing is won in January but this team will definitely be there or thereabouts. For me it's the team to beat.

I agree totally, but as stated in his interview in the papaer yesterday he thought he would be still at reserve, which I hoped he would be. Hes now in the main body of the team which he has never done before, against stronger riders and he stuggled with smaller tracks like our home track Monmore.

He was very good away from home, won us the semi final in the cup with a great performance but if your looking for a weak link in this side I think most people would point stright towards Nathan. Now we all hope and that he can prove me wrong and be one of the signings of the season in 2014.

Its just my opinion, I traveled away alot last year and Nathan had bad meetings at Buxton and smaller tracks but bigger tracks like Kings Lynn and IOW he was our trump card.

Im glad weve kept him in our team, Im not a fan of having a brand new team every year. Nathan is a year older, a year wiser and has a years experiance under his belt...So i fully expect him to prove me wrong and keep ommering in 2014!

Strong looking team with 5 of cradley 7 doubling up which is gonna improve them even more just gotta hope not too many fixture clashes.

I agree totally, but as stated in his interview in the papaer yesterday he thought he would be still at reserve, which I hoped he would be. Hes now in the main body of the team which he has never done before, against stronger riders and he stuggled with smaller tracks like our home track Monmore.

He was very good away from home, won us the semi final in the cup with a great performance but if your looking for a weak link in this side I think most people would point stright towards Nathan. Now we all hope and that he can prove me wrong and be one of the signings of the season in 2014.

Its just my opinion, I traveled away alot last year and Nathan had bad meetings at Buxton and smaller tracks but bigger tracks like Kings Lynn and IOW he was our trump card.

Im glad weve kept him in our team, Im not a fan of having a brand new team every year. Nathan is a year older, a year wiser and has a years experiance under his belt...So i fully expect him to prove me wrong and keep ommering in 2014!

Don't forget that if the team had been that which was originally planned Steve Worrall would have been at #1 and Nathan definitely have been back at reserve. Having had to revise plans after the Kurtz issue we've got back Starkey and clearly the promotion have decided that it was more important to have Nathan back, even in the top 5, than get him to reserve, which might happen after 4 meetings in any event.

Look at Josh Bates in his first season all over the place and struggled to stay on his bike some meetings then look at him last year first time in the main body of the team and look how much he improved added a fair bit on his average he looked a totally different rider.

All credit to Nigel, Chris, Gary and Will. It's hard to think of a better starting septet.

In Starkie and Steve we have two genuine Number 1s, Tom will get back to his best and Matt and Danny are two exciting prospects at reserve. Cleggy will improve too and should push towards the 7 point mark.

Nathan is a great prospect. He will find it tougher in the team and may find himself swopping places with the lads at reserve throughout the season. That said he deserves his recall. His performances at Kings Lynn and IOW demonstrated his ability. The questions around tighter tracks will be resolved by improving his techique and that will undoubtedly come. Remember, he is still only 15!

Really pleased with the line up and looking forward to another successful season.

'Ommer 'em Cradley!

I had doubt about 2 riders last year.1 Paul starke proved me very wrong,the other proved me right, just goes to show that you can always be wrong.We have riders doubling up everywhere & this will be good for expeirence but the chances of getting injurys which could screw us up are greater.

ommer em'

Great to hear all the positive talk about Nathan.He has huge potential and will only improve.He'll probably relish being in the main body of the team too!

• Like 1

Only one position still to be confirmed.

Thoughts on who should be Captain? Big boots to fill after last year but for me there's only one person to do the job.

I would say Starke but Perry is also an option!

Gotta be Starkey, Tom needs to concentrate on his racing, big,big year for Tom, could well define the rest of his Speedway career.

• Like 1