British Speedway Forum
gaptooth

Heathens 2014

Thought it would be funny for an IOW supporter to start a Heathens thread, just to wind up them troublesome Heathens fans lol. So what's new ?

Nowt new yet, except Will P, has said he would not be unhappy If Tom Perry was back riding for us in 2014, and Nathan Greaves, and Max Clegg, so you can go from there.

By the way, i hope by some miracle, we can still see The IOW in the NL for 2014.

If you were to have an air fence meeting, surely this would go a long way to raising funds ??, this combined with the £9,000+ that you have already raised would surely see you race again in 2014, normally where there is a will there is a way, do the IOW promoters have the will ? Im sure they do..

Edited by greyhoundp

Assuming a 40 point limit what would Heathens fans go on:

1. S. Worrall 7.09

2. D Greenwood 5.74

3. Clegg 6.27

4. Smart 5.76

5. Perry 6.30

6. Greaves 4.00

7. Isherwood 4.57

Total: 39.73

1. S. Worrall 7.09

2. D Greenwood 5.74

3. Clegg 6.27

4. Smart 5.76

5. Perry 6.30

6. Greaves 4.00

7. Isherwood 4.57

Not bad RB1, but would prefer Michael Neale to Gareth Isherwood, i was impressed with him, when he guested against us last season, there looks to be seven improvers then.

Edited by greyhoundp

1. S. Worrall 7.09

2. D Greenwood 5.74

3. Clegg 6.27

4. Smart 5.76

5. Perry 6.30

6. Greaves 4.00

7. Isherwood 4.57

Ritchings instead of Smart is the other option with this line up.

I'm guessing Worrall is the signature a lot of NL teams are after. If we can't get him then here's an alternative team.

1. Starke 9.93

2. Priest 4.75

3. Clegg 6.27

4. Greenwood 5.74

5. Perry 6.30

6. Greaves 4.00

7. ?????? 3.00

Total 39.99

Plenty of options for the 3 pointer.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, trying to put together possible teams is the most exciting thing in speedway these days.

I think we may all be seeing a lot more wobblers this year as most of the best riders at third tier speedway will be waving the national league good bye.

I think we may all be seeing a lot more wobblers this year as most of the best riders at third tier speedway will be waving the national league good bye.

Which is why Starke's large average doesn't look so big imo and the likes of Jacobs, Worrall, Bates, Rose, Morley, Clegg & Carr could do very well next year.

How about this:

1. Steve Worrall 7.09

2. Dan Greenwood 5.74

3. Max Clegg 6.27

4. Liam Carr 6.87

5. Tom Perry 6.30

6. Michael Neale 3.00

7. Nathan Greaves 4.00

Unfortunately as Steve Worrall as signed for both Swindon & Edinburgh, he wont be able to ride in the national league next year

Unfortunately as Steve Worrall as signed for both Swindon & Edinburgh, he wont be able to ride in the national league next year

In the who is eligible thread in National League section a post appears regarding Simon Lambert who has a place in the EL and PL and is still hoping to do NL. Maybe Steve will be allowed to do all three leagues. I would guess it will sorted at the NL AGM.

In the who is eligible thread in National League section a post appears regarding Simon Lambert who has a place in the EL and PL and is still hoping to do NL. Maybe Steve will be allowed to do all three leagues. I would guess it will sorted at the NL AGM.

I believe at present there's no rule stopping you do all 3, which is why R. Worrall & Roynon tripled-up a couple of years ago.

No sorting necessary. If a rider under 25 has a PL average above 4.00, and is in a declared PL 1-7 then he can't ride in the NL. Simon did have a PL average of around 5 at one point but finished the 2013 season on 3.00 so can ride.