British Speedway Forum
gaptooth

Heathens 2014

I agree with pete cc as Brady is as Aussie as Ayres Rock, kangaroos, Bathhurst & boomerangs!!!! He has always said that he was an Aussie and not a Brit and this has been known for ages! One good thing will come of it though NOBODY in the NL can have him at reserve/team in 2014 and I pity Somerset because they must be at least 2 points over the PL Team Building Average.....may be more!

Well said Pete cc man , that's the facts and that's the rules yeah
Pity some of yer fellow fans cant just accept the facts rather than bleating 'poor ole Dudley/Cradley all the time

i',m

Well said Pete cc man , that's the facts and that's the rules yeah
Pity some of yer fellow fans cant just accept the facts rather than bleating 'poor ole Dudley/Cradley all the time

i'm not from the school of thought that the world hates us.(the world hates matt ford). I also like to look forward & not back, yes things that was won by cradley in the past should not be forgotten but, that was then this is now. Lets all look to the future and enjoy our great sport & move forward together for a change.

i',m

i'm not from the school of thought that the world hates us.(the world hates matt ford). I also like to look forward & not back, yes things that was won by cradley in the past should not be forgotten but, that was then this is now. Lets all look to the future and enjoy our great sport & move forward together for a change.

Yes Pete, but dont you think that the powers that be seem reluctant to grasp the changes that are needed.

I think it's called 'vested interest'. Until things are really desperate, they won't change. During it's existence the NL (Conference, Div 3, Amateur League) has always been an afterthought. I know that the league hasn't helped itself at times but clubs with different agenda's means things will never be sorted. Riders will ride for certain teams and not others - some drive past their nearest track to get to their 'home' track.

Yes Pete, but dont you think that the powers that be seem reluctant to grasp the changes that are needed.

The powers that be normaly can not see any further than their own pit gate.

I'd say we will see Matt Williamson and Danny Phillips in heathens colours in 2014 - other suggestions?

Edited by Gosa

Can't see them having both of them. I'd like to see Phillips but rumours are that's it's Williamson. They will want greaves at reserve I think.

Im still hoping for Michael Neale, won the 500cc youth champs beating Reece Downes, Josh Bailey and our own Nathan Greaves, also scored some useful points when he guested against us at Monmore, and having Philips alongside him would do for me. To have the Heathens tracking Cleggy, Greaves, Philips, and Neale. would give me great pleasure to watch those four progress in there career at Cradley, added to Worall, Perry and Starkie, that would do for me.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 2

Sorry meant to say either Phillips or Williamson! Luke priest and Allott could well end up in heathers colours only because riders are slowly running out - you'd think the management team would just announce the team instead of dragging it out for media purpose.

Williamson a certainty id say

Sorry meant to say either Phillips or Williamson! Luke priest and Allott could well end up in heathers colours only because riders are slowly running out - you'd think the management team would just announce the team instead of dragging it out for media purpose.

Yeah, every year it pisses me off, to have this annual dragging out of Cradleys signings, this constant drip feeding and hints, like we are in talks with Nathan, and Tom, yeah we have known that since the end of the season, we probably have all 7 signed up by now. Last year i had the word Starkie was signed up weeks before it was announced.

To drop Dan so early proves your point. The team has been sorted for ages. They just haggle about money and equipment after that.

It's just media stunt and yes they know the team it would be so much better to annouce on a night at liberal club or somewhere else!

It does not actually bother me how the team is released as long as the 7 they choose gel & most of them improve their starting average in 2014. I forgot to say...stay safe as well & give their all for the green & white in 2014. Once A Heathen, Always A Heathen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by berniev123