British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Damo b

Mildenhall 2014

I think majority of the teams in the national league next season will look weaker than previous line ups as the amount of riders not eligible to ride in national league next year.

Banana- surely its not how they start but how the end hey, improvement through racing that's what da NL is about surely man?

I know it's about improving just to it looks weaker but there is hell of a lot of riders that will have added a lot of points on average by the end of the season

I think you should be more positive and lets hope the riders do not read you crappy remarks ,the only concern I have is connor coles bikes and how god they are constantly let him down last season and for the most part only had the one

The team has gone down very well with supporters of the MFT's

I'm not surprised because its a cracking line up - young, exciting and full of potential. Its certainly one I would want to watch (and, all being well, most certainly will).

Not just at the 'start of the season' surely?

The rule MUST apply at any point, otherwise it could be flauted simply by signing for a PL side two weeks into the new season!?

Bizarrely, 'start of the season' is correct. Why ? Your guess is as good as mine.

I'm not surprised because its a cracking line up - young, exciting and full of potential. Its certainly one I would want to watch (and, all being well, most certainly will).

Look forward to seeing you at West Row mate :)

Bah! I liked the 4pm start time :sad:

But I only go a couple of times a year to West Row, so the majority wishes should prevail so long as the chip shop opens earlier too :lol:

It is excellent to hear of a promotional team who listen to their customers and react positively.

Very well done.

• Like 1

Press Release from Mildenhall Speedway -

New Start time in 2014 for the Fen Tigers and Admission Charges Held at 2013 Prices!

There will be a new start time for Mildenhall speedway in 2014 as the club have decided to bring forward race-day start times one hour to 3.30pm....

Club Chairman Kevin Jolly confirmed the change whilst explaining the thought process behind the move –

‘We gave out a questionnaire towards the end of the 2013 season and received some excellent comments and ideas from many of our loyal supporters, many of which are being looked at closely prior to the start of the season. I think supporters will appreciate these moves and although some will be seem quite small I am positive they will all add to the entertainment value of an afternoon out at Mildenhall speedway!

One question posed was about our start time and the response we received was greatly in favour of an earlier start, many families stating it would be better as it allowed them to get home with their children at an earlier time with school on the Monday to consider. As a family club we are happy to help meet their wishes and whilst we appreciate it may not suit everyone, a large majority were in favour of the move.

I’d like to thank our brilliant track staff team, who already work tirelessly from early in the morning on race-days for supporting the move. They really are a great bunch.

Things are really starting to move along a pace now, what with the Snail Racing on 8th February and further exciting news due in the coming weeks, I personally can’t wait for the season to start!’

The Fen Tigers promotion are also pleased to advise supporters that there will be no increase in admission prices or the cost of the meeting programme for the 2014 season.

Admission prices remain at - Adults £12 - Concessions (60+) £11 - Students £11 - Junior (15 and under) free *please note to qualify for free entry a ‘Junior’ must be accompanied by a paying Adult.
Meeting Programme £1.50 – Car Parking Free.

• Like 2

I hear the law case about noise has reared its ugly head yet again and the stadium owners have lost the case! Should be ok to run this season but it's looking ominous for the future.

I hear the law case about noise has reared its ugly head yet again and the stadium owners have lost the case! Should be ok to run this season but it's looking ominous for the future.

You will find debate on this matter in the BSF's Speedway News and Discussions under the thread regarding problems facing West Row. Sorry it is not, so far as I understand it, permitted to cross post Links?

Edited by Guest

Official Press Release from Mildenhall Speedway -

Mildenhall Speedway promotion moved quickly today to clarify their position to supporters following todays’ Supreme Court judgement that reversed the Appeal Courts decision in favour of the appellants.

Club Chairman Kevin Jolly was quick to emphasise that as far as the club is concerned nothing changes - ...

‘This is obviously a big disappointment for the Stadium Owners who had hoped today would bring an end to this matter and remove a cloud that has been hanging over the stadium before we took over the running of the Fen Tigers. It now remains an ongoing case that will now go through the courts once again.

However, as far as we are concerned nothing changes with regard to Mildenhall Speedway and we will continue to run until it is no longer possible should that day ever arrive.

Everything is in place for the start of the season, we are looking forward to this year with great enthusiasm, we have a fine looking young side full of potential and I can’t wait for the season to start.

We look forward to seeing as many supporters as possible at the ‘Meet the Riders’ evening on the 15th March and then it is full steam ahead to our opening meeting on Sunday 6th April when the Stoke Potters and of course Mildenhall legend Jon Armstrong will be the visitors’.

END

I think it is a sad indictment on the legal profession and law makers in this country that this can run on like a festering sore year after year when the Stadium was built over 40 years ago and these people moved in many years later in the full knowledge of the noise factor.

What irritates me is that these legal persons chop and change their mind so many times and on each occasion the fees that they harvest for more reports and more hearings mushroom like Wayne Rooney's wages. It's a disgrace and if the higher court overrules the decision of a lower one all the fees from that previous court case should be refunded because they got it wrong. But no the legal profession profit on every single occasion. It is sickening.

The case in itself is a joke anyway. How can a forty year old facility in the wilds appropriately planned and licenced be the subject of a case and numerous appeals from persons who have moved in under such circumstances. If I moved next to Old Trafford would I be able to cause such a legal nonsense to occur. I don't somehow think so. Indeed I suggest that is the line to take and surely enough is enough. Natural justice tells me that there is no case but the legal profession continue to protect their exorbitant fee chase and that's what it is.

It is time the local MP sorted this out once and for all.

It is just not good enough.

Good Luck to the Fen Tigers next season on all fronts except when Stoke come to call and the first occasion is the 6th April.

Malcolm Vasey

• Like 8

What a total waste of money for everyone,yet again. Why the hec these people bought the house in the first place without knowing what was happening in the area.

The main noise in Mildenhall is from the USA airbase and close by Lakenheath base. The noise from these base's can be at times all day long. The sound from Speedway .......less than half hour,once a week and for a few months in the afternoon.

I live 20 min's from this area and have plane's from 3 Air base's flyng over,sometimes day and night and they make more noise than Speedway bikes ever did and do now. Rather hear both of these than ....Screaming children living close by,spoiling a quiet afternoon in the garden. :lol:

Good Luck Mildenhall.......I'm sure we Speedway supporters can all put a good word into the court.

• Like 6