British Speedway Forum
Gavan

Early Predictions

As I said before we can all predict the league but if a reserve get's injured long term your season is over if they stick to rules of course .

Not wanting to put a prediction together until the format is sorted, But I can see three distinctive groups of team.

Groups are as follows but teams in no particular order

1, Belle Vue, Poole, Coventry and Kings Lynn to contest the play-offs berths

2, Eastbourne, Lakeside and Swindon in the middle regions,

3, Wolves, Birmingham and Leicester contesting the Wooden spoon.

Very much in agreement with this. Although in the case of B.V. depends on who the seventh rider is and whether they are still there come July. Eastbourne won't drop too many at Arlington and i'd take their top 2 over Lakeside's. I remember being on the Cov. supporters coach in 1990 (a rotten season) bemoaning the fact that we hadn't signed P.K. when he rode with Tatum at Ornarna. Trouble is that was half a lifetime ago. Swindon I don't rate this year other than the other PK. Leicester look horrible, Brum need another heat leader and Wolves team is for 2015. Coventry and Poole (with a decent last rider) look good with Kings Lynn favourites IMO.

Very much in agreement with this. Although in the case of B.V. depends on who the seventh rider is and whether they are still there come July. Eastbourne won't drop too many at Arlington and i'd take their top 2 over Lakeside's. I remember being on the Cov. supporters coach in 1990 (a rotten season) bemoaning the fact that we hadn't signed P.K. when he rode with Tatum at Ornarna. Trouble is that was half a lifetime ago. Swindon I don't rate this year other than the other PK. Leicester look horrible, Brum need another heat leader and Wolves team is for 2015. Coventry and Poole (with a decent last rider) look good with Kings Lynn favourites IMO.

That's Kings Lynn with 2x3 pointers in the 1-5!! Really??

Schlein is usually prone to picking up an injury/losing form during a season - how will he be covered with those 2 second strings and the Lewis'??

I think they have a strong top 3 but there are 7 riders in a team

That's Kings Lynn with 2x3 pointers in the 1-5!! Really??

Schlein is usually prone to picking up an injury/losing form during a season - how will he be covered with those 2 second strings and the Lewis'??

I think they have a strong top 3 but there are 7 riders in a team

Bet your Abacus is pouring with steam working that out!! :rofl:

Yup - you won nothing :wink:

Happy New Year to all wolves fans - was just joking

Bit like the Robins ;-)

Likewise happy new year to all Robins fans and a repeat of 2009 please ;-)

Welcome everyone into the New Year. 2014 will only come once, so lets make it a year to remember.

No cheats, No hassle, No problems, Just classic racing, and brilliant atmosphere, where big crowds pay to come in.

Who said Speedway was a minority sport??????

Poole and king's lynn look the best, I think Wolves are going to be bottom.

Were you one of the many that predicted bottom spot for us last season too??

How can you rate Poole one of the best when they aren't even complete??

You could predict Poole challenging for the play offs without knowing any of their team.

• Like 2

Were you one of the many that predicted bottom spot for us last season too??

They have signed 6 riders and the final rider is likely to be Pawlicki.

They have signed 6 riders and the final rider is likely to be Pawlicki.

And if it isnt??

I agree that Poole look a top 4 team at the moment. Only really agree that Kings Lynn look THE team to beat right now.

I agree that Poole look a top 4 team at the moment.

Brum Logic at it's best

• Like 2

My prediction for 2014 is that crowds will be down and SKY EUROSPORT are to blame.

:D

• Like 1

And if it isnt??

I agree that Poole look a top 4 team at the moment. Only really agree that Kings Lynn look THE team to beat right now.

If Poole don't sign Pawlicki, they will still find a 7 pointer from somewhere and will still have the best/second best team on paper.

You have said yourself Poole look a top 4 team at the moment without knowing their complete team.

If Poole don't sign Pawlicki, they will still find a 7 pointer from somewhere and will still have the best/second best team on paper.

You have said yourself Poole look a top 4 team at the moment without knowing their complete team.

Just as well leagues aren't won on paper!

• Like 1