British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePass

Leigh Lanham

Has Leigh retired or is it a case of no team for 2014?

No team as yet and few if any options now available.

May well be sitting out the start of the season.

He deserves a place. He won over the Ipswich fans totally when previously he was booed by his own fans.

He gives 100% and is a team man looking out for his team mate on track. Although he might not increase his ave he won't be far off especially if used as a second string.

I think the majority of fans would have chosen Leigh instead of morten tbh.

• Like 7

He deserves a place. He won over the Ipswich fans totally when previously he was booed by his own fans.

He gives 100% and is a team man looking out for his team mate on track. Although he might not increase his ave he won't be far off especially if used as a second string.

I think the majority of fans would have chosen Leigh instead of morten tbh.

I would give Leigh a team spot at any time and what he lacks in point scoring he makes up for in experience to help other younger riders and as for Morton isn't there a family tie there

Thanks for the feedback guys

Edited by Steve

I would give Leigh a team spot at any time and what he lacks in point scoring he makes up for in experience to help other younger riders and as for Morton isn't there a family tie there

I know plenty of people who are happy to see Risager (10 years younger and still with potential) ahead of Lanham.

As for family ties, the Lanham and Louis families are very close - JL & Mike rode together, while Chris and Leigh have been friends from childhood.

I spoke to JL at the December quiz night, and he's very happy with the team line up - and he said that Risager is doing lots of prep back in Denmark for 2014, and not just mechanical and physical prep.

The next quiz night is 8 January - why not come along (if you can) and have a fun evening in relaxed surroundings. JL and CL are always in attendance and always happy to chat. The Witches website has full details.

Edited by Had Enough

I am one of the number that would have Leigh ahead of Morten as he is more consistent away from home.

However I can see why Morten got the nod as there is still that hope that the enigma will finally deliver what it is believed he should be capable of at PL level.

Can he produce a purple patch that lasts a season and not just a month or so?

I am one of the number that would have Leigh ahead of Morten as he is more consistent away from home.

However I can see why Morten got the nod as there is still that hope that the enigma will finally deliver what it is believed he should be capable of at PL level.

Can he produce a purple patch that lasts a season and not just a month or so?

No...imo

• Like 1

Morten has been on the downward slide since 2007 when Coventry discarded him. Surely Lanham is the better bet?

• Like 1

Every year we get the same rubbish that this year WILL be Risager's year much like the Eastbourne lot do with Lahti,Gustaffson etc it never happens and it wont happen he's on a 6.90 average cause that's all he's good enough for. He's a PL second string/Low averaged 3rd heat leader always will be..... Never gunna get any better

• Like 1

I would have also had Leigh everyday of the week. Morten is never going to get any better, but neither is Leigh, but as has been mentioned, Leigh is far better on most of the away tracks. I believe Leigh would have been the difference in us possibly winning the league instead of us maybe reaching the play offs.

He could go to Peterborough!

He could still be a Witch if Rohans reported visa problems arent sorted.