British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

Who Was The Best Rider In The World In 2013?

You must not live in an adult world then..

I'll try going into a work meeting with an 'opinion' that an idea of mine will make the company a fortune... when they ask me to explain why and back it up I'll just stamp my feet and say it's my opinion.. I wonder how successful I will be.

I was of the impression the forum was based on people ideas and opinions. They will never all agree.

When you talk about a work situation, that's totally different. If you were then ask an opinion, I would assume you are a professional, one that was experienced and somebody who would take all your knowledge on board to give a structure response. Some times Facts are not available to substantiate your opinion, sometimes they are.

I class myself as an educated person, who was involved with higher management for some years before I retired. Sometimes FACTs point to an obvious answer. I don't always like to except the obvious. Opinions are what separates us into individuals. No way can they all be the same........

Yeah I agree that Tai was the top rider last year, but why is the thread comparing him with Darcy. I thought Hampel and Niels done better than Ward. ( My opinion)..

Some discussions - primarily those about the future - will be basier around subjective opinions, ideally based on some logical and defendible argument. However one would expect a discussion about past events to be centred on opinions that can be 90 % defended based on facts.

So a discussion on best rider in 2013 id expect to be focused on fact based arguments. Who will be the biggest best in 2014 I would expect to b based on subjective arguments and opinions, with potentially some reference to past performance as a basis for expectations around future performance.

• Like 2

Correct it is about opinions this forum but surely if you have an opinion you have to have some facts to back it up. I can take the argument for Hampel but Ward there is no reason what so ever to say he was the best last year.

The difference is you can have a adult debate with GRW , we don't always agree but the respect is there and the debate is fun you should try it sometime.

:rofl: :rofl: . :rofl:

• Like 1

Lets not rule out Rory Schlein from this 'debate'. He did win the ELRC series of match races after all!!! :rofl::rofl::D:P

• Like 1