British Speedway Forum
TesarRacing

Sky Sports El Star Rider Of The Year 2013 Is.......................

Do u have his stats to back this up? I dont have them to hand but would be very surprised if his 2013 average was nearly 9. Happy to be proved wrong.

Check the speedway star - his average for EL meetings in 2013 was 8.76, putting him 9th in the rankings for the year.

Fair enough, thanks, i was clearly wrong. How many meetings was that from?

Ah ok, so a pretty small number of meetings. And averaging almost 2 points per meeting less if u exclude bonus points (27th in list). Still impressive, but hardly a candidate for rider of the year imho.

Ah ok, so a pretty small number of meetings. And averaging almost 2 points per meeting less if u exclude bonus points (27th in list). Still impressive, but hardly a candidate for rider of the year imho.

Completely agree.

But just shows what we lost when he got injured!

• Like 1

Completely agree.

But just shows what we lost when he got injured!

Which is my point exactly. His value to his team was immense, Wolves were unable to replace him on his average to recoup the points he was getting.

• Like 1

Timo Lahti!

Didn't he put 3 points on his CMA and end up riding himself out of job in 2014?!

Ty Proctor before his injury was over-performing too, but what about Smolinski?!?!

Do u have his stats to back this up? I dont have them to hand but would be very surprised if his 2013 average was nearly 9. Happy to be proved wrong.

He won or was paid a win in 67% of his races in 2013 and actually seemed to drop points in his easiest ride of the night. Heat 8

Timo Lahti!

Didn't he put 3 points on his CMA and end up riding himself out of job in 2014?!

Ty Proctor before his injury was over-performing too, but what about Smolinski?!?!

No

He increased his 2011 average average of 3.00 to over six in 2012 but that dropped to under five in 2013

Poole won the league because of Hancock and Josh G.

They won the play-offs because they were the best team in them and upped their game as a team when it mattered.

There's some truth in what Gavan says IMO. Greg's arrival seemed to bring the team back together as a fighting unit. Josh was immense for us and, for me, his and Kyles 5-1 in ht 2 at Brum was the final nail in their coffin.

There's some truth in what Gavan says IMO. Greg's arrival seemed to bring the team back together as a fighting unit. Josh was immense for us and, for me, his and Kyles 5-1 in ht 2 at Brum was the final nail in their coffin.

That wasnt a dig at Poole saying the reasons they won were Greg and Josh. But when you look at it Greg done some phenomenal team riding to help partners many times and he was immense in the farce at Belle Vue. Now i would a million percent say that Holder is a better rider than Hancock but no guarantee he would have done what Greg did at Belle Vue that night. Josh's performances in the play offs ensured the title as the other guys in the team rode well but Josh rode above himself.

Obviously it takes 7 riders to win the league but always 1 or 2 stand out and for me it was Greg and Josh

Woffinden

Ward

Iversen

Kildemand for me, increased his average by well over a point, and the best visiting rider at the Showground last year by a country mile. Mr entertainment....

Will be number 1 at Swindon this year that Danish Silent Assassin

Woffinden

Ward

Iversen

Will be number 1 at Swindon this year that Danish Silent Assassin

And riding in the Polish top league

And riding in the Polish top league

Batch and Killer should be in top 10 averages, no reason why Kid Morra, Nicky Klindt, and Gusto shouldn't be in top 20 of weak EL.

Edited by Mad Moose

KIldemand reminds me a bit of of when Iversen was at Newport,i really rated Iversen but my swindon mates kept telling me Gjedde was better.Killer what did he average at Worky 6.80? has improved is really exciting to watch he will be a GP rider eventually i hope so it is so hard to do though fingers crossed SwIndon,s 2014 no 1!( Batch close)

KIldemand reminds me a bit of of when Iversen was at Newport,i really rated Iversen but my swindon mates kept telling me Gjedde was better.Killer what did he average at Worky 6.80? has improved is really exciting to watch he will be a GP rider eventually i hope so it is so hard to do though fingers crossed SwIndon,s 2014 no 1!( Batch close)

There probably right, at the time Gjedde was a very good rider..