British Speedway Forum
bullet

The Stags Ride Again!

I was hoping a few riders would be announced today.I would love to see Gary Irving return to the track.

With the home fixtures being Sunday and Bank Holidays I would hope that being able to tempt Gary back would be a distinct possibility. He wouldn't need to take time off work, which was the main reason for his retirement a year ago, if I recall correctly.

Would love to see the tall fella back.

What do people think about the home fixtures ? The Stags will have ridden 7 out of 8 home league matches before the end of May. Will this help or hinder the progress of the rookies in the side ?

Does anyone know when our team is likely to be announced,every Thursday I think maybe today......but wrong again.

Does anyone know when our team is likely to be announced,every Thursday I think maybe today......but wrong again.

The first rider announcement is planned for a week today.

There will then be plenty of Stags news leading up to the new season.

All the best

Rob

Reece Downes is the 1st name to be announced on the 2014 Scunthorpe Stags team sheet according to clubs website .we have all watched young Reece's progress through the early years and look forward to watching him progress further,all the laps he has done round the EWR he must know every line in every condition.Good Luck young man.

• Like 2

And as stated putting him at reserve could help with the scores while the rest of the team get experience. From the times he does around the EWR i hope he will improve massively on his starting average. This is a good sign ad just the sort of rider we need to fill the team with it might be hard work this year but next year should be a different matter.

• Like 2

Please note we are trying to develop riders for Scunthorpe and Poole without worrying about the match results. The NL points limit is too high meaning that to compete we couldn't even go with two three pointers never mind any more. We would also have to pay big money to compete with the top four from the off and what a waste of money and team slots it would be. The plan is to have one experienced rider at number one and six prospects. It is going to be very exciting to watch these rider develop and with six prospects in the side who is going to bet against at least three of them being in a PL or NL line-up by March 2016?

• Like 9

Please note we are trying to develop riders for Scunthorpe and Poole without worrying about the match results.

You forgot to mention Dudley/Cradley, Staggy ;)
  • Like 2

Please note we are trying to develop riders for Scunthorpe and Poole without worrying about the match results. The NL points limit is too high meaning that to compete we couldn't even go with two three pointers never mind any more. We would also have to pay big money to compete with the top four from the off and what a waste of money and team slots it would be. The plan is to have one experienced rider at number one and six prospects. It is going to be very exciting to watch these rider develop and with six prospects in the side who is going to bet against at least three of them being in a PL or NL line-up by March 2016?

I applaud you, & hope it all works out for you. It will be interesting to see your riders develop as the season goes by but, may not be great viewing for some of us supporters as they do. Best of luck, see you at The Wood.

I suppose the only thing is if everyone did that then there would be the need for 54 3.00 riders. Are there that many waiting in the wings? because if there are then yes the points limit should be dropped.

Edited by TMW

I applaud you, & hope it all works out for you. It will be interesting to see your riders develop as the season goes by but, may not be great viewing for some of us supporters as they do. Best of luck, see you at The Wood.

Firstly Cradley ride at Monmore Green, Wolverhampton. The last time Cradley rode at the Wood was I believe 1995. Scunthorpe has produced some of the best riders in the Country and now the World. I applaud Richard and his team for all his efforts. Scunthorpe are likely to finish the season with their starting seven hopefully unlike Cradley who sadly have little chance of achieving that having selected two riders riding in three leagues and three further riders riding in two leagues. Mind you it could have been worse as they tried to sign an Australian ringer!

Firstly Cradley ride at Monmore Green, Wolverhampton. The last time Cradley rode at the Wood was I believe 1995. Scunthorpe has produced some of the best riders in the Country and now the World. I applaud Richard and his team for all his efforts. Scunthorpe are likely to finish the season with their starting seven hopefully unlike Cradley who sadly have little chance of achieving that having selected two riders riding in three leagues and three further riders riding in two leagues. Mind you it could have been worse as they tried to sign an Australian ringer!

Can I point out that Dudley/Cradley ride at Monmore Wood on a Tuesday night have done so since sometime in 2010 when Tuesday night was renamed as 'A Night at The Wood'. The name has stuck ever since by all concerned. I may point out that Monmore Wood on a Tuesday is as green & white as it ever was at Dudley Wood way back and, if we cannot get back to our own home, long may it continue!

Long may the work at Scunthorpe continue as without it the whole of British speedway would be a lot poorer, also when the Stags get too many NL riders I hope that they come to The Wood to learn how to turn left on a very tricky track....just like others have in the past, especially Tai..........then again he is at The Green on a Monday!!!!!!!

Keep up the magnificent training at Scunthorpe on all the facilities and maybe all the teams in all the British Leagues may get somebody from the Saints/Stags one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once a Heathen, Always a Heathen!!!!!

• Like 2

Can I point out that Dudley/Cradley ride at Monmore Wood on a Tuesday night have done so since sometime in 2010 when Tuesday night was renamed as 'A Night at The Wood'. The name has stuck ever since by all concerned. I may point out that Monmore Wood on a Tuesday is as green & white as it ever was at Dudley Wood way back and, if we cannot get back to our own home, long may it continue!

Long may the work at Scunthorpe continue as without it the whole of British speedway would be a lot poorer, also when the Stags get too many NL riders I hope that they come to The Wood to learn how to turn left on a very tricky track....just like others have in the past, especially Tai..........then again he is at The Green on a Monday!!!!!!!

Keep up the magnificent training at Scunthorpe on all the facilities and maybe all the teams in all the British Leagues may get somebody from the Saints/Stags one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once a Heathen, Always a Heathen!!!!!

And back to reality once again. Monmore Wood does not exist. You ride at Monmore Green, Wolverhampton.

And back to reality once again. Monmore Wood does not exist. You ride at Monmore Green, Wolverhampton.

We can call it what we like.

• Like 3

Call it what you want but have you ever been on a Tuesday night to Wolverhampton? It is as close to Dudley Wood as we will be for possibly a very long while! Monday>>>>>>> 'The Green' for the Wolves fans and Tuesdays 'The Wood' for the Heathens! One ground, TWO totally different teams, set up and, more importantly.....THE FANS! Once a Heathen, Always a Heathen!!!!!

• Like 1