British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Elite Riders Championship - 25/09/2014

Other than that Dave!

Which other part of the statement would you like me to comment on ?

The next Cov home meeting Horton should be put in stocks on the centre green and anyone with an ELRC ticket should be allowed to throw rotten fruit and eggs at him.

Bet it wont be the last time Horton calls off a meeting at Brandon this season because he cant be arsed about the track preparation.

Which other part of the statement would you like me to comment on ?

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. What I was trying to say that it seems that there is more going on behind the scenes than just the goings on this weekend. It stinks and it seems our concerns abut Mick Horton may have come home to roost :(

The next Cov home meeting Horton should be put in stocks on the centre green and anyone with an ELRC ticket should be allowed to throw rotten fruit and eggs at him.

Bet it wont be the last time Horton calls off a meeting at Brandon this season because he cant be arsed about the track preparation.

Bet he wont have too, as reading the stadiums statement there wont be any more speedway meetings to call off.

Very sad state of affairs and hard to take in as my club crumbles into oblivion.

• Like 1

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. What I was trying to say that it seems that there is more going on behind the scenes than just the goings on this weekend. It stinks and it seems our concerns abut Mick Horton may have come home to roost :(

Ah i see now :lol: , I just didn't think it was the the right moment to bring all that to the fore again

• Like 1

I sincerely hope this isn't the end for the Bees. I don't see why it has to be. Horton said he will not allow the Bees to race at Brandon until the track is prepared properly and the statement on behalf of the stadium owners confirms they intend to do exactly that. Their statement also seems to confirm that Sandhu is still the owner.

We now have two sides of the story and it is a question of deciding who you wish to believe. At the moment I find today's statement more convincing but will await any further information and the BSPA investigation.

Yes, the BSPA has overall responsibility but realistically it seems at the moment that the blame lies either with Horton or, the stadium owner. They each blame the other but neither is trying to implicate anyone else.

Edited by Aces51

Bet he wont have too, as reading the stadiums statement there wont be any more speedway meetings to call off.

Very sad state of affairs and hard to take in as my club crumbles into oblivion.

All depends on whether Coventry Stadium is now anti-speedway regardless of who's promoting it ... or whether Coventry Stadium is now anti-speedway just if Mick Horton is promoting the Bees or Storm given his non-appearance on Saturday-teatime.

If it's the latter, then there might be a chance of the BSPA finding a willing alternative promoter who would be acceptable to Coventry Stadium.

But there appears virtually no hope of Mick Horton promoting another meeting at Brandon.

Edited by arthur cross

Let's hope that it's au revoir to Brandon, and not goodbye.

All that history ... the C.O must be turning over in his grave

The stadium's statement implies that it was acknowledged quite some time ago, that the track was unsatisfactory and was in need of substantial remedial work.

So why was that work not carried out at an earlier stage over the winter rather than being done at the last minute? And, if the track has been in need of that work (and still was in need of it), why did the BSPA allocate the ELRC meeting to Brandon?

It sounds to me as if all parties have contributed to this situation, and it may even be that Horton has been trying to get the stadium owners to carry out the work over the winter and has basically now done a childish "see, i told you so" when things went badly wrong. Not that it would excuse his apparent course of non-action.

• Like 1

The stadium's statement implies that it was acknowledged quite some time ago, that the track was unsatisfactory and was in need of substantial remedial work.

So why was that work not carried out at an earlier stage over the winter rather than being done at the last minute? And, if the track has been in need of that work (and still was in need of it), why did the BSPA allocate the ELRC meeting to Brandon?

It sounds to me as if all parties have contributed to this situation, and it may even be that Horton has been trying to get the stadium owners to carry out the work over the winter and has basically now done a childish "see, i told you so" when things went badly wrong. Not that it would excuse his apparent course of non-action.

The statement clearly states that work had been taking place.

I feel for the bees riders at this moment.

it's the life long bees supporters I feel sorry for......

• Like 4

I still cant understand why Horton didnt visit the track on Saturday at all --matters not the stadium guy called him to visit----,a rain off due to f ecked track on Friday and day before he was hosting a major event,he should have at the very least had a look in on Saturday just make make sure all was well

You have to laugh when someone passes themself off as an expert when they clearly have no idea of what a shared event is.

It is a BSPA event and was awarded to Coventry by them. They share the profit, they share the cost. Ultimately the buck stops with them no matter who has fouled-up further down the chain, whether it be a hapless promotion or malevolent stadium owner.

It's clear that giving a shared event to Coventry in its present state is as foolish as giving Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross a radio phone-in.

I know full well what a shared event is. I also know full well what a tin pot outfit the Elite league is. Full of experts..... two fingers...... cough. The shared events have been getting better year on year; so what has changed this year? Who was actually the responsible person for planning and running this event; if you can answer that great if you can't blaming the BSPA is just a convenience that I suggest suits many in the sport. This is a Coventry issue that has embarrassed everyone who has anything to do with the sport.