British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Which Rider Is On The Best Value Average

Thought that might be the case, the 2nd string heats will no doubt be similar as previous years, yes I know reserves are weaker but I dont see it making a huge difference to 2nd strings averages overall.

The only way it wont make much difference is that once they get a new average they will move up to heat leader and then get harder races so their average will go down again.

Richie Worrall, Ryan Fisher, Adam Skornicki. Daniel Nermark, Mikkel Michelsen, Mikkel Bech, Simon Gustafsson and Peter Ljung will all move up to a top three place in their teams during the season ......... then possibly move back down by September !!

I was concerned about this as the next person but after playing on spreadsheets, I'm happy that it's not going to be a big deal.

With a half sensible new heat structure (with EL draft reserves protected), for the main body of the team, the comparative av. CMA of opponents each rider will face during their own programmed will only vary by around +/- 10% per race versus 2013.

I have to disagree. If the format is as expected (i.e. reservces entirely protected from heat leaders) then I would expect roughly the following for the “average” rider in each position, expecting a variance of +/- 2 points depending on individual. I’ve given an expected average for each position, and in brackets approximate “starting” average.

Number 1: 6 out of 8 points against heat leaders, 4 out of 4 against second strings, two points from heat 15. Expected Average 9.6 (starting 8.30)

Number 2: 4 out of 4 points against heat leaders, 3 out of 4 against second strings, one point from heat 15: Average 6.4 (starting 7.3)

Number 3: 2 out of 4 points against heat leaders, 3 out of 4 against second strings: Average 5.0 (6.4)

Second strings: 0.75 points out of 4 against heat leaders, 2 out of 4 against second strings, 3.5 out of 4 against reserves: Average 6.25 (4.75)

Reserves: 0.5 out of 4 against second strings, 4 out of eight against reserves: Average 4.25 (2?)

High level assumptions, but not too far off the mark I wouldn’t think? Essentially a three point swing in difficulty between being a third heat leader and second string (i.e. expect thrid heat leader to drop 1.5 from their old average, and second strings to gain the same). This will be most marked for riders coming in on an “assessed” average, as the impact will be immediate rather than gradual under rolling averages.

The only way it wont make much difference is that once they get a new average they will move up to heat leader and then get harder races so their average will go down again.

Richie Worrall, Ryan Fisher, Adam Skornicki. Daniel Nermark, Mikkel Michelsen, Mikkel Bech, Simon Gustafsson and Peter Ljung will all move up to a top three place in their teams during the season ......... then possibly move back down by September !!

Ive no doubt Fisher and Gustafsson will as their averages are close to Hansen and Morris anyway. If anything it will be the likes of Howarth and Grajczonek with the bigger increase but for me thats because their careers are on the up more than their actual programmed rides.

Heat leaders on the other hand is a different matter, they will have more difficult rides so can see most drop their average.

Edited by woz01

Josh Grajczonek and probably Kyle Howarth...........

RP

Got to be Milik for me. In on a 4 when he will probably achieve at least 7.

all riders in the elite league will increase their average, because there is not enough good riders to battle against. i can see all the reserves having an average of 4.00 plus. then next year the top guys will be struggling to get a team spot.. .. IMO..

Edited by jenga

Will no doubt increase his aberage but cant see it being 7. 7 would see him promoted to a heat leader slot, where with expected formula I couldnt see him averaging more than 4. I think he will remain a second string with an average of about six.

all riders in the elite league will increase their average, because there is not enough good riders tobattle against. i can see all the reserves having an average of 4.00 plus. then next year the top guys will be struggling to get a team spot.. .. IMO..

Not all riders will improve their average. The weaker heat leaders are actually likely to decrease. Bear in mind there are only a certsin number of points to go round - top five for each team start with a cumulative average of 32 and avsilable points each meeting for top five is likely to equate average of around 32.8 (even assuming reserves take two points off top 5 per meeting there are only 74 points from 44 rides available which would equate to an average of 33.3 per team). So there will not be a massive increase overall.

The "average" reserve will aversge a bit over 4, but its highly unlikely that they all will. Someone like garritty may average as high as eight, the weakest reserves may average under 3.

Will no doubt increase his aberage but cant see it being 7. 7 would see him promoted to a heat leader slot, where with expected formula I couldnt see him averaging more than 4. I think he will remain a second string with an average of about six.

Not all riders will improve their average. The weaker heat leaders are actually likely to decrease. Bear in mind there are only a certsin number of points to go round - top five for each team start with a cumulative average of 32 and avsilable points each meeting for top five is likely to equate average of around 32.8 (even assuming reserves take two points off top 5 per meeting there are only 74 points from 44 rides available which would equate to an average of 33.3 per team). So there will not be a massive increase overall.

The "average" reserve will aversge a bit over 4, but its highly unlikely that they all will. Someone like garritty may average as high as eight, the weakest reserves may average under 3.

and of course whatever the reserves average it wont matter as they will not actually be given an official CMA.

According to Poole fans he is on the right assessed average, but i agree with you. Hence why he is on the wrong assessed average.

According to Poole fans he is on the right assessed average, but i agree with you. Hence why he is on the wrong assessed average.

Tbf, it would be wrong to base average on what he is expected to score as a second string in the new format, as that would give him an inflated average compared to those with rolling averages from 2013. Agree he should have been a 5 though.
  • Like 1

Mikkel michelsen & robert lambert

Desperately want lambert to set the elite league alight hope he does

• Like 1

Bech, Mikkelsen & Milik as they are all on low aves. Wouldn't begrudge Scrambleman a decent season. Hopefully Wells t o improve but not so guaranteed.