British Speedway Forum

Hope Bomber has a great meeting.................for all that criticise him for his GP antics and so on he does deserve a great day...............

And as Star Lady says too...........hope its a good day for speedway all round after last night.........

RP

• Like 3

Still need a texter for this meeting, can anyone help please?

Thanks

Looked like a good meeting with a big crowd. Jason Doyle wins, with Nicki 2nd and Rory third.

So pleased Bomber had a good turn out, so totally deserved. :t:

Thanks to the lovely Double O for the texts to the updates. Silverbee had bigger fish to fry today ;)

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 5

as a guesstimate I reckon on 4k inside the stadium,

First race was funny, Bomber was in the referees box so he could start the first race of the main event, As soon as the green light went on all four riders went through the tapes, so all four back, and this time as the riders were waiting for the light up went the tapes,.

Nicki Pedersen gave his all today so thanks to Nicki for that, Jason Doyle looked good all afternoon and fully deserved his victory. honorary mention to Scott Nicholls and Rory Schlein who both put in workmanlike performances to make the A final.

I hope Bomber enjoyed his day.

• Like 2

Enjoyed that. Good honest speedway with all riders giving it there all. No politics just simple speedway.

Also a sign of how well respected Bomber is that although two riders had to withdraw he was able to replaced them with more than adequate replacements and all he riders completed all their programmed heats - the only rider losing a ride for Jason Garrity missing his "final".

And Nicki Pedersen once again proves why he is one of the handful of riders I'm only too happy to pay to watch. My riders of the meeting, great to watch.

Also, huge credit to Rory. If he'd started he season slowly we'd all understand but he was in the thick of the action all meeting and actually looked try most comfortable on a bike that I think I've ever seen him.

Good meeting in front of a big crowd but track way too slick, not suited for Bomber as couldn't generate any drive around the outside.

Was a gaters track with Doyle and Pedersen looking quick.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed this meeting and it was great to see such a huge crowd.

Had some good racing, humour and a good flow to the meeting.

Rory looked like he had never been away. It was great to watch Pedersen as well. Lovely seeing him spend a long time signing autographs for fans on his way back from his track walk.

Edited by mdmc82

Glad this was such a success.Looking forward to next week when Bomber flies in to Glasgow.

• Like 1

Thank you Chris Harris for providing an excellent days racing. Loved the mix of young riders between the main heats and so impressed with the effort all the riders put in. Track was too slick with a "blue groove" wider than the M6 so the number of passes did tale off towards the end, though NPs blast in the final was class.

Apart from the obvious class acts on display I thought Cooke was impressive.

Big crowd with lots of people from other teams shows the respect fans have in Bomber.

Roll on Friday.

• Like 3

Sunday March 20, 2016

CHRIS Harris has thanked everyone involved in his Testimonial event which proved a major success at Brandon on Sunday.

Australian star Jason Doyle took the individual honours as he held off the challenge of three-times World Champion Nicki Pedersen in the A-Final, but all of the riders contributed to a thoroughly enjoyable day of racing.

Pedersen, on a rare appearance in the UK, was well received by a bumper crowd and responded with a fully committed performance with several close battles along the way.

Both he and Doyle finished on 12 points, Pedersen edging their first meeting in Heat 20, and they were joined in the Final by Rory Schlein and Scott Nicholls, the two former Coventry men both giving consistent displays.

Doyle hit the front in the decider whilst Pedersen found himself at the back early on, and although he moved from fourth to second he was unable to catch the Swindon No.1 in time for the flag, whilst Schlein completed the rostrum places.

Coventrys Krzysztof Kasprzak picked up an award for fastest race time as he won his first two heats, and his Polish compatriot Kacper Woryna gave another spirited performance as he gains track time at Brandon.

Belle Vues Richie Worrall arguably deserved more than his seven points having been a major factor with his fast gating; whilst three of Kyle Howarths four points came in a shock Heat 2 win over Harris and Pedersen, and Edward Kennett also scored four but was involved in one of the races of the day with Pedersen in Heat 10.

Harris himself had five points from his first two rides but eventually finished one point short of the mark required to reach the A-Final.

He also took charge of the first race from the referees box with three attempts required to start it! and a well-run event was completed by 5pm with a total of 33 races having taken place including nine for the popular British Youth series riders.

Harris said: I was really pleased with the turn-out, and I cant thank everyone enough for coming, and also the riders for giving up their time and putting on a great show.

I was even surprised myself with how hard everyone was going, but at the end of the day theyre all racers, which is what I wanted.

Im glad its over and I can concentrate on my racing now - its been stressful for me, but even more for (partner) Emma. Shes worked hard, so a big thanks to her and everyone on the committee, and all the sponsors and the fans.

I wasnt expecting that size of crowd, it blew me away, so Im really thankful to them and hopefully they enjoyed it as much as I have.

CHRIS HARRIS TESTIMONIAL, Coventry

Nicki Pedersen 12, Jason Doyle 12, Rory Schlein 11, Scott Nicholls 10, Andreas Jonsson 10, Chris Harris 9, Craig Cook 8, Krzysztof Kasprzak 8, Sebastian Ulamek 7, Richie Worrall 7, Kacper Woryna 6, Jason Garrity 5, Max Fricke 5, Kyle Howarth 4, Edward Kennett 4, Kenneth Hansen 2.

D FINAL: Hansen, Fricke, Kennett, Howarth (ret) C FINAL: Worrall, Woryna, Ulamek, Garrity (ns) B FINAL: Jonsson, Cook, Harris, Kasprzak (ret) A FINAL: Doyle, Pedersen, Schlein, Nicholls

What a very enjoyable meeting and great to see the supporters coming out to show their support for Bomber. Great also to see the riders spending plenty of time signing autographs and having photos with kids.

• Like 1

A very good meeting. Glad to see Bomber refrained from following Mr Hortons lead and did not impose the Pensioners tax for this meeting.

• Like 1

A very good meeting. Glad to see Bomber refrained from following Mr Hortons lead and did not impose the Pensioners tax for this meeting.

Mr Horton charges pensioners more than regular adults?

Mr Horton charges pensioners more than regular adults?

No but he has raised the price for Pensioners , justifying it by quoting some obscure quango.

Highly Successful Staging Of Testimonial

70add89f04eb6443bf2a4fb8c0d5b817.png

22 March 2016

Well the sun shone, the turnstiles clicked with a big crowd in Brandon, and the meeting was run very slickly, the auction saw some big bids and everyone went home happy at Bomber’s Big Bang on Sunday.

So much hard work had gone into the event and it all proved worthwhile in the end . 12 months after the rain had caused the staging of the event to be called off. A year later all the elements were in Chris’s favour with a better line-up , good weather and a good turn out from sponsors and fans alike.

Out on track the proceedings started with 6 Young Lions races at 500, 250 and 125cc levels and the kids were given a rousing reception after their races.

After the parade Chris zoomed up into the referee’s box to start heat one which had two re-starts after the tapes were broken first time out then, as if planned by the riders to play Chris up , no one dropped their clutch when the tapes rose !!

The races had no real delays with riders out for the next heat straight away as soon as the last race finished ….which was much appreciated by the large crowd.

The Young Lions had their final races in each section after the interval with the crowd giving all 12 of them deserved applause as they rode back to the pits

It was then back to the main event with some cracking racing with the Nikki Pedersen races with Ed Kennett and Craig Cook superb action .

The lads then raced off in four finals with the D final won by Kenneth Hansen , Richie Worrall taking the C Final, Andreas Jonsson the B Final and the A final honours went to Jason Doyle ahead of Nikki P, Rory Schlein and Scott Nicholls.

Kryzysztof Kasprazak took the fastest time award whilst Jason Doyle was voted by the sponsors as Rider of the meeting.

After the presentations the proceedings moved to the understand bar for the auction where the body colours, three programmes signed by all the riders, an old race suit and helmet of Bombers were auctioned off with some amazing bidding on some items.

Chris reflected on a great day, “ I can’t thank everyone enough for making my big day such a success. All the riders were magnificent and put on a great show. The sponsors were unbelievable and the fans turned out in big numbers with the sun shining all afternoon. “

“My testimonial committee all did a first class job and put in so much hard work on my behalf and I must thank them all . My fiancée Emma-Louise was unbelievable –a true work machine and without her this would never have happened.”

“Thank you one and all!”
  • Like 4