British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HBKPCNBob

Riders To Watch In 2014

Lewis Rose was indeed the newcomer of the year to me in '13. Sure, his sometimes team mate Robert Lambert outscored him (and more or less everyone else!) and it was also Lambert's first season in the NL; but we all knew Lambert was going to be a very high points scorer and a performer who, if age allowed, could've gone straight into the Elite in truth. Lewis had ridden in the AJL the season before and his unexpected progress was what that development league & the NL is all about.

Yes and all those Elite League snobs are about to find out just how exciting third tier riders can be especially in the races against each other. The Premier League missed a trick here in my opinion.

Malcolm Vasey

?????? - Craftman's Post

Craftman what do you not understand about that post?

Malcolm Vasey

• Like 1

Benji Compton will really show his skills at Kings this year.

BC will be the main man around Central Park. Jack Kingston to continue his rise to stardom.

• Like 1

Yes and all those Elite League snobs are about to find out just how exciting third tier riders can be especially in the races against each other. The Premier League missed a trick here in my opinion.

Malcolm Vasey

what trick was that then. didnt we have 3 pointers in the pl a few years ago.

Eight years ago and then it was dropped, allowing sub standard foreigners like Edberg, Nielsen, Graversen, Barrett, Lykke, Dilger, Helfer etc to ply their trade here instead. Hopefully the PL will follow the EL's lead in 2015.

• Like 2

Eight years ago and then it was dropped, allowing sub standard foreigners like Edberg, Nielsen, Graversen, Barrett, Lykke, Dilger, Helfer etc to ply their trade here instead. Hopefully the PL will follow the EL's lead in 2015.

It was a rule altered mid season to stop Steve Boxall and Jon Armstrong from continuing to do so well at reserve so they both then had to move into the main team. It was then ridiculously dropped for the best season and we've been back to where we were ever since. Brit reserves in all leagues should be enforced as a minimum IMO.

• Like 2

It was a rule altered mid season to stop Steve Boxall and Jon Armstrong from continuing to do so well at reserve so they both then had to move into the main team. It was then ridiculously dropped for the best season and we've been back to where we were ever since. Brit reserves in all leagues should be enforced as a minimum IMO.

Blimey!! That's 3 members of the old Team Viking touring team in there :(

No disrespect to those riders but we shouldn't be giving them jobs over British lads who could do just as good a job.

• Like 1

Hope that the 14 that turn up on a Tuesday at Monmore Wood will be great to watch......win or loose!!!!!

No disrespect to those riders but we shouldn't be giving them jobs over British lads who could do just as good a job.

Even though I ran that team for a couple of years I do actually agree with you there Bagpuss. I think we should go further though and stop the Premier league using the same bunch of boring riders who get passed around the clubs year after year and give their places to the young British lads coming.

• Like 5

Even though I ran that team for a couple of years I do actually agree with you there Bagpuss. I think we should go further though and stop the Premier league using the same bunch of boring riders who get passed around the clubs year after year and give their places to the young British lads coming.

Trouble is if they are EC citizens there is no way around it. Rules cannot be set to insist on British riders taking team places. Look at the attempt by Sweden to do something similar and they can't do it officially. Sad but true

Furthermore some years ago There was an agreement to have British riders at six and seven in the Pl for the entire season. That lasted only a short time and mainly due to Steve Boxalls success at Rye House the rule was ditched mid season, some help to young British riders.