British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Leicester V Wolverhampton 29 March

So you keep saying................... If the Bees or Poole don't ease past 50 on there visits then they are fodder also.

Still, its a priceless post to keep when we are in the top 4 again come June.

Honestly, if Coventry dont get 50, I'd be disapointed. Hans should get 12+ Bomber proved for your lot eh could get 12. Fisher got 6 riding as a heatleader last week so 8 or 9 is not beyond him. Hansen only has to get 3 or while a decent guest for Howarth (like Lasse Bjerre who got 9 as a heatleader last week). The reserve should be good for 12. Frankly, I'd expect the Bees to ease to 50 at Leicester.

Eastbourne!!

These so called experts like SCB and Speedway Star writers eh. You would think they would learn. :rofl:

You'd think I'd learn? My predictions are just fine thanks. I love how you're having a go at others but that in itself is a prediction Wolves will do well. Lets not forget your great prediction of David Howe to be a World Champion.

£100 says Wolves don't make the play-offs. Another £100 says Coventry hit 50 at Leicester. Put up or shut up.

Quite frankly it's early days and while we may have had two matches against what many feel are the weakest two teams in the league, we have done it with a heat leader struggling to find form after a long lay off.

I'm not sure who is going to make the play offs but must admit a team with a good trio of heat leaders like Belle Vue, Kings Lynn and Poole do look best set up but Eastbourne are going to be difficult to beat at home and Lakeside with Bech on a modest average could be dark horses ...... but Wolves have a very young team with Tai Woffinden as World Champion being the second oldest at just 23 and anything is possible as the phrase you don't win anything with kids was proved wrong before.

• Like 2

So you thought that was a good meeting. That's what I just don't understand so maybe it's me expecting more than I'm ever going to get nowadays and why I stated in the first place I think I'm going off speedway. To me that wasn't a good meeting and not worth £28. Today we've been to a country show at Peterborough and it cost £9 each admission for 7 hours of entertainment and it was thoroughly enjoyable, whereas when I left Beaumont Park I just wished I hadn't bothered. Perhaps mdmc82 is right and my mood is being affected by what's going on at Coventry. I was really looking forward to this season, which is my 65th, but so far it has been a big disappointment. Things can only get better......can't they? :)

He also thinks watching paint dry is exciting ;) hehe

Leicester is the most boring track I have ever watched speedway.

Crowds dropped in a big way last season,the hype and crowds due to moving up to the Elite league won't last long if as expected the racing is still non existent.

like you said there are so many other things to see and cheaper.

• Like 1

Honestly, if Coventry dont get 50, I'd be disapointed. Hans should get 12+ Bomber proved for your lot eh could get 12. Fisher got 6 riding as a heatleader last week so 8 or 9 is not beyond him. Hansen only has to get 3 or while a decent guest for Howarth (like Lasse Bjerre who got 9 as a heatleader last week). The reserve should be good for 12. Frankly, I'd expect the Bees to ease to 50 at Leicester.

You'd think I'd learn? My predictions are just fine thanks. I love how you're having a go at others but that in itself is a prediction Wolves will do well. Lets not forget your great prediction of David Howe to be a World Champion.

£100 says Wolves don't make the play-offs. Another £100 says Coventry hit 50 at Leicester. Put up or shut up.

And like i said anything less than 50 then Cov are as bad as Wolves, or as i like to call us... play off contenders. :t:

Your predictions are fine................... plenty think different . I am happy with that. So no to the bet, never have, never will. So keep blasting our chances and you will get a simple retort in the positive - along with others who share that view, non Wolves fans included. I stand by my prediction and feel free to remind me if im wrong. I know i will be! Sad isn't it when your prediction isn't the definitive one. :rofl:

As for the quote its yet another that doesn't pay attention to the detail - it was Howe had the `potential` to be World Champion. But don't let one word change it to suit.

Wolves playoff contenders? Is someone having a laugh?

They don't have anywhere near the strength of the top teams. Scraping an away win at Leicester with a guest as top scorer means nothing. Mid table team IMO.

• Like 1

They don't have anywhere near the strength of the top teams. Scraping an away win at Leicester with a guest as top scorer means nothing. Mid table team IMO.

Would Pawlicki have scored as well as Harris on a track he hasn't ridden on before?

Edited by barrow boy

Would Pawlicki have scored as well as Harris on a track he hasn't ridden on before?

Very much doubt it. Piotr is very good but doubt very much he would have got anywhere near what Harris scored.

• Like 1

Very much doubt it. Piotr is very good but doubt very much he would have got anywhere near what Harris scored.

Yea of course, Its obvious Harris would have outscored Piotr last Monday too.

I know, many were laughing at the thought this time last season too. But we all know what happened to those laughs.

Yea of course, Its obvious Harris would have outscored Piotr last Monday too.

I know, many were laughing at the thought this time last season too. But we all know what happened to those laughs.

a lot more people will be laughing at you when wolverhampton dont make the play offs. youre always having a pop at shovlar and co. yet youre worse than them most of the time;

• Like 2

a lot more people will be laughing at you when wolverhampton dont make the play offs. youre always having a pop at shovlar and co. yet youre worse than them most of the time;

Well its only fair some had a chance to laugh , after all i had the last laugh last season.

But thanks for your informed and constructive reply. :icon_smile_clown:

Well its only fair some had a chance to laugh , after all i had the last laugh last season.

But thanks for your informed and constructive reply. :icon_smile_clown:

Last season Play-off SF: Wolves 44 - Birmingham Brummies 46 & Brummies 55 - Wolves 38

Steve, when we see you actually think you "had the last laugh" after the above thrashing - then that is funny :lol:

Why can't you just wait till the end of the season like the other Wolves fans on here rather than start bragging now and potentially set yourself up for another fall if you bomb out? :oops:

Edited by Poole Quay 7

you are bound to get strung out races using national league riders.....get used to it.

better to watch good racing with a couple of hundred watching them at Peterborough eh.

The strung out racing had nothing to do with the National League riders.

If you actually went last night you nugget you would have seen a good meeting.

Well I didn't see one. It was utterly utterly woeful.

Bomber Harris showed he doesn't need to gate to win races...even at Leicester. A great nights entertainment even though we lost! Get well soon Tai.

3 passes in 15 heats is a great night of entertainment?

Dear me.

Edited to add.. what made it worse was the racing after the first lap was not even close in at least 10 of the heats. There were massive gaps between the riders. SCB has hit the nail on the head earlier in the thread, the straights need shortening and the entrance to the bends taken in to give more options.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Supposedly the bends have already been altered a bit during the Winter? Anyway reading this thread has cheered me up a bit and made me think it's perhaps not me 'going off Speedway' because everyone else thinks it was a good meeting and I didn't. Maybe the truth is that it wasn't really that entertaining but it's just natural for Leicester fans to stick up for the team/track/promotion and see things differently. All hope is not lost......unless you are a Coventry fan then it probably is. :lol:

• Like 1

The strung out racing had nothing to do with the National League riders.

Well I didn't see one. It was utterly utterly woeful.

3 passes in 15 heats is a great night of entertainment?

Dear me.

Edited to add.. what made it worse was the racing after the first lap was not even close in at least 10 of the heats. There were massive gaps between the riders. SCB has hit the nail on the head earlier in the thread, the straights need shortening and the entrance to the bends taken in to give more options.

I and many others have Been saying that from day one,the shape is wrong but hemsley won't listen as he thinks it's a superb race track that produces stunning races?

I actually think what is going to stop Wolves this year will be Tai, if he picks up these niggling injuries again and sits out Elite League Meetings in order to defend his World Championship then its going to hit Wolves big time.