British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Leicester V Wolverhampton 29 March

The Speedway Star `experts` have Birmingham 8th!

Maybe concentrate on winning a meeting first and get some points on the board before you worry about our unbeaten run. :wink:

Nasty indeed.

Wolves will be there or thereabouts come play off time. With Woffinden and Pawlicki and Proctor as support, they will be a tough nut to crack at Monmore. I am sure as they did last night, they will pick up the odd point(s) away from home too which will make them contenders for a top 4 position.

• Like 3

Without wanting to state the obvious but it might be a bit more popular if the joke track dimensions didn't produce such hopeless entertainment though.

we've done this before, no?

You could be right but the people I know have never been so the standard of racing is inconsecuential just not interested anymore

Without wanting to state the obvious but it might be a bit more popular if the joke track dimensions didn't produce such hopeless entertainment though.

we've done this before, no?

If you actually went last night you nugget you would have seen a good meeting.

• Like 1

That's pee'd me off you saying that, wish i'd gone now. What with your impeccible track record of what constitutes a good meeting how could i doubt you. How many passes did i miss? 40?

Wolves will be there or thereabouts come play off time. With Woffinden and Pawlicki and Proctor as support, they will be a tough nut to crack at Monmore. I am sure as they did last night, they will pick up the odd point(s) away from home too which will make them contenders for a top 4 position.

Couldn't agree more, but we are wrong because the `experts` think we are rubbish ................ for a 2nd season running. :t:

We have got Clegg and Perry to go to Monmore with.

After last nights meeting I reckon Wolves will up there come the play off time and as a lions fan I didn't think before a wheel was turned that we would get as close as we did,so not too bad for our first Elite meeting.

Having Bomber as a more than adequate guest it was gonna be tough,luckily for us Tai had a difficult night and didn't score as heavy as normal.

Thought Thorsell,Wells did well with 10 and 8

It was at reserve where we were out scored Joe Jacobs looked very comfortable.

As for our lions it's early doors and we can only get better,Mads and Paddy looked on the pace as did Peter,Doyley did ok but he'll be flying in a few weeks,steady will be ok and fingers crossed Tom and young Max get it together.

So let me get this ride. Wolves score less at Leicester than a PL team did the week before and we're expected to believe they're going to be a threat for the EL title? Well maybe Peterborough should switch leagues now then!

Wolves will not make the play-offs, they won't be bad either but they won't make the play-offs.

Bomber Harris showed he doesn't need to gate to win races...even at Leicester. A great nights entertainment even though we lost! Get well soon Tai.

• Like 1

So let me get this ride. Wolves score less at Leicester than a PL team did the week before and we're expected to believe they're going to be a threat for the EL title? Well maybe Peterborough should switch leagues now then!

Wolves will not make the play-offs, they won't be bad either but they won't make the play-offs.

So you keep saying................... If the Bees or Poole don't ease past 50 on there visits then they are fodder also.

Still, its a priceless post to keep when we are in the top 4 again come June.

The Speedway Star `experts` have Birmingham 8th!

Good grief, who on earth do they have finishing below them other than Leicester? Not seen the bumper edition yet.

Good grief, who on earth do they have finishing below them other than Leicester? Not seen the bumper edition yet.

Eastbourne!!

These so called experts like SCB and Speedway Star writers eh. You would think they would learn. :rofl:

Eastbourne look decent to me and won't lose at home. Dark horses for the playoffs.

• Like 1

Eastbourne look decent to me and won't lose at home. Dark horses for the playoffs.

Definitely the dark horses this year, totally agree.

So you thought that was a good meeting. That's what I just don't understand so maybe it's me expecting more than I'm ever going to get nowadays and why I stated in the first place I think I'm going off speedway. To me that wasn't a good meeting and not worth £28. Today we've been to a country show at Peterborough and it cost £9 each admission for 7 hours of entertainment and it was thoroughly enjoyable, whereas when I left Beaumont Park I just wished I hadn't bothered. Perhaps mdmc82 is right and my mood is being affected by what's going on at Coventry. I was really looking forward to this season, which is my 65th, but so far it has been a big disappointment. Things can only get better......can't they? :)

• Like 3