British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Stags Vs Kent Kings (nl) - Sunday, March 30th

Cast your eyes back on the link below

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/9286/hackney-nl-2-5-11

Uncles lens team go smoked

Birks also fell or packed up while leading twice and Bair did same once,otherwise it would have been even worse

No one complained then!!!!!

Richie Worrall at reserve ?

That was a weak team ? :lol::D

Richie Worrall, with less than a year's speedway experience at that point in his career. ;)

And a Scunthorpe Saints team that just avoided the wooden spoon in 2010, but then won the league in 2011.

Who's to say this time next year, it won't be likes of Liam Sanderson and Ryan MacDonald and Reece Downes and... well you get the idea... scoring maximums against the Kings. :wink:

Anyone calling the Stags too weak, could eventually left be choking on their own words.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Point is that where he started!!!!

Point is that where he started!!!!

Point taken and understood. :t:

• Like 1

Richie Worrall, with less than a year's speedway experience at that point in his career. ;)

And a Scunthorpe Saints team that just avoided the wooden spoon in 2010, but then won the league in 2011.

Who's to say this time next year, it won't be likes of Liam Sanderson and Ryan MacDonald and Reece Downes and... well you get the idea... scoring maximums against the Kings. :wink:

Anyone calling the Stags too weak, could eventually left be choking on their own words.

All the best

Rob

No, we won't. That season, everyone said Scunthorpe looked strong. Then they tried to do it again, and threw their toys out of the pram when a few of them wanted to leave.

Now, their team make up, while admirable, is a poor choice. Yes, I want to see new riders coming through, but building to below 25 is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1

Point taken and understood. :t:

Don't give in that easy fight your corner man/woman

Don't give in that easy fight your corner man/woman

Man but woman at weekends ! :party:

• Like 1

Worralls average was manipulated in 2010 if you check his stats for that year he guested as a reserve for more meetings than any rider in 1 - 7's . They al wanted him as he was a good rider fair enough that was also the year they had Nielsen at number 8 on a 5.28 to have Gary Irving at reserve. Nielson took the no. 2 rides for the RR All within the rules ? You decide. I remember it because I had many a tete a tete with Montie and Lucifer over it.

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/9237/scunthorpe-nl-15-11-30pm

My point is Scunny also like to win and they don't always stick to the NL ethos

Just saying

Edited by TMW

Cast your eyes back on the link below

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/9286/hackney-nl-2-5-11

Uncles lens team go smoked

Birks also fell or packed up while leading twice and Bair did same once,otherwise it would have been even worse

No one complained then!!!!!

No-one complained because Uncle Len's team had been built to win, at least that is what they had hoped. They were smoked in the same way Dudley were smoked at Stoke!

And, they had ridden with a team primarily full of 3 pointers the season before, but even in that 2010 season, they had put out a couple of experienced riders to help the team along! Looking back their top two was Mark Burrows and Benji Compton, so there was at least some experience to help the younger riders along!

The proof will be at the end of the season. That 2010 team finished with a team average of 39.42. I will gladly put £20 to the SRBF if this team as it is declared now ends above 39 points. I can't see it happening, and that is nothing against any rider riding for them, I just think that they need a guiding hand or 2.

No, we won't. That season, everyone said Scunthorpe looked strong.

I was referring to the 2015 Stags rather than the 2014 Stags.

2011 was Year 2 for Ashley Birks and Steve Worrall, and Year 1.5 for Richie Worrall.

Who knows what will happen in Year 2 for the current crop?

All the best

Rob

By the same token, should there not be a 'minimum' points limit?

Scunthorpe's team total is 23.33, compared to, say, Devon, who's team total is 37.68. That's one heck of a difference.

Having said that, I applaud Scunthorpe in what they are trying to do. The CL/NL has always had the problem of teams having a different agenda to others and, no doubt, that will continue.

By the same token, should there not be a 'minimum' points limit?

Scunthorpe's team total is 23.33, compared to, say, Devon, who's team total is 37.68. That's one heck of a difference.

Having said that, I applaud Scunthorpe in what they are trying to do. The CL/NL has always had the problem of teams having a different agenda to others and, no doubt, that will continue.

Yes I do agree Abbott there should also be a minimum points limit, the gap is a little too big at the moment Bring back Tom Young I say. BUT If every NL league team was built with say 5 rookies and 2 experienced riders the league would be great. Its a developement league and every team should take part in developing the riders. cor look how many riders we could have on the ladder on the way up!

I was referring to the 2015 Stags rather than the 2014 Stags.

2011 was Year 2 for Ashley Birks and Steve Worrall, and Year 1.5 for Richie Worrall.

Who knows what will happen in Year 2 for the current crop?

All the best

Rob

It was indeed Y2 for AB and SW, and Y1.8 for RW, but they also had an experienced core of riders around them in year 1! That's the difference!

I hope all 7 go on to succeed, but I question the way in which this is being done, and I question whether it is causing harm to the other clubs in the league.

All this talk of Scunthorpe and Rod Godfrey is confusing me, as I was under the impression, from something I read in the winter that this Scunthorpe NL side is actually being backed by Matt Ford/Poole and that Scunny would not have run in this league unless Poole had backed them to do it......or have I missed something?

It was indeed Y2 for AB and SW, and Y1.8 for RW, but they also had an experienced core of riders around them in year 1! That's the difference!

I hope all 7 go on to succeed, but I question the way in which this is being done, and I question whether it is causing harm to the other clubs in the league.

Causing harm to other clubs??as a fan of Stoke..who cant complete a hand full of fixtures in a season..thats a bit rich Vogster? ;)

• Like 3