British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ommer Mon

Cradley V Coventry Storm (ch) 1/4/14

Can't believe this topic hasn't been started yet!

A new season, a new name, a new team, a new programme and it's all systems go for the start of a new Mommore Wood campaign.

Two big questions.

How do you think we will get on against the Storm and can we tempt Porky into a war cry that starts 'Give me a C...........'?

A new season, a new name, a new team, a new programme and it's all systems go for the start of a new Mommore Wood campaign.

Two big questions.

How do you think we will get on against the Storm and can we tempt Porky into a war cry that starts 'Give me a C...........'?

And will it feature on BBC WM ......I do hope so

Two big questions.

Yeah maybe from Porkys perspective it will start with a C, but im guessing it wont be followed by radley :wink: Can you remember how he spelt Kent, i think if memory serves me correctly,he spells that with a Cent. :lol: . Im pretty sure Porky will lead a Cradley war cry, if he doesnt, Im betting someone on the terraces will lead it off, hows about young Harris ?.

How will we get on, well Im pretty sure we will be too strong for The Storm at monmore wood, and Im expecting everyone to chip in with useful points, but especially interested to see how Nath gets on.

Ive put my prediction on my website...www.ommerum.co.uk

Should be a belter tonight!

You was wrong, long way from being a belter. Not a great meeting!

You serious! was a cracking meeting, we was winning then Coventry pulled it back and was leading! Heat 3 with Cleggy piping Ritchings on the line, Williamson going wheel to wheel with Nielsen in heat 11! Closest match at Monmore Wood for ages and you say it wasnt a good meeting!

No-one came that close last season and I think were in for a few tough matches at home this year as Coventry looked very strong and pushed us all the way till the 5-1's in heat 11 and 12!

• Like 4

What made it for me was the form of our reserves Matt and Danny. They both had excellent home debuts and were mixing it with riders who have had much more experience.

Well done to the Storm on making it a competitive encounter. Luke Crang was particularly impressive and looks a very good prospect. 'Sarge' got stuck in against us, as he always does, and it was good to see Dan Greenwood picking up a win late on.

Great track preparation, no problems with the lights, excellent new programme and a very good crowd. We even got Porky to deliver a Cradley war cry without the need for medical assistance.

What wasn't to like?

What wasn't to like?

Gel pens smudge on the programme...totally ruined my night. :)

Edited by martin_t
  • Like 2

Like it martin t!

Thinking about it, I didn't get my usual parking space so perhaps I was too overzealous!

Seriously though, it looks like it could be another good season for the lads.

• Like 1