British Speedway Forum
TheSmiler

Birmingham V Coventry 9/4/14

Guest GiveusaB

Hopefully! I think last night proved that 'they' can perform...we just need Barker to start firing now? 3 points at home isnt acceptable, no matter what the effort level ! I'm sure nobody will be more disappointed than him, as I know he's a passionate chap!

Not sure Swindon can be called one of the weakest teams In the league

I think they certainly will be one of the most inconsistent though as it's going to be tough for Nick, Nicolai & Simon are both hit & miss from meeting to meeting & we have the lowest graded reserve as well now.

Some people need to realise Bomber wasn't signed on an 8 point average this season like he normally but sub 7.

True, but some still think he's capable of 8/9 pointer performances, as you say he'll do a job as a 6.5 rider, but that's still some step down from where he was.

Apologies......reading back it does sound childish...agreed ! Guess I'm getting carried away and making the most of a Birmingham win as I know there wont be many this season! :t:

Fair enough apology accepted. Birmingham will do ok at home I said that on the Birmingham thread pre season, im struggking to see where they will get away points though.

Kenneth has been brought in as a heat leader not a second string rider. I feel that if Kenneth was to score 4 points a meeting then the Bees will struggle to pick up points away from home against teams like Belle Vue, Eastbourne, King's Lynn and Poole.

He was bought in as he is dynamite around Brandon, Id be happy with 4-5 points away if he can get 7+ at home consistantly while heat leader. I guess Fisher will be heat leader soon.

Kenneth has been brought in as a heat leader not a second string rider. I feel that if Kenneth was to score 4 points a meeting then the Bees will struggle to pick up points away from home against teams like Belle Vue, Eastbourne, King's Lynn and Poole.

No, he was signed as a 5.5 rider. His job is to average that or a little more. It's wrong to look at a riders position. You need to look at the riders they are beating. Kenneth is beating the riders he should. And TBF, has looked ok doing it too. We knew all along he as signed for his good Brandon form, if he can score 7 at home each week to go with the 5 and 3 he has score away then he'll be averaging 6. Thats his job done. He'll only score about 4 away but Coventry as a result have a stronger rider at #2 who'll score more in Fisher.

Oh dear, Coventry fans blame the young Brit for defeat again. That'll bring back some happy memories for Bomber no doubt.

You lot had better get used to FX 0 FX 1 mixed with a few 3 3 FX 3 from Garrity and also quite a few meetings with 'an other' while he recovers from another crash.

He's a tough lad so I doubt he will miss too many meetings but more often than not he will be riding with some sort of injury.

I've already said he was injured. I've used it to justify his score but surely even you can see that a rider who is capable of scoring 6's scoring 0 is the reason a team score 44 and not the nearly 50 most expected. We could all just go, "ah well, Jason did OK" and insult the lad and claim it's his level I guess. Or we could all have a good level of expectation from him. He is capable of more than 0, I'm sure he'd agree, I'm sure almost every one would agree tbh.

Am I upset, annoyed or worried? No, not really as I know Jason will score well more often than not. It was a bad meeting, they happen. We'll move on. but Jason is a big boy now riding in the EL, he has to take the observations of poor scores with all the praise and acclaim I have given him all winter. The alternative is nobody every mentions him. You gotta have the bad with the good - Jason doesnt strike me as the kind of person to get upset over a few people on t'interweb and I fully expect him to come back guns blazing.

Oh dear. Don't give up the day job will you? Too late, you already have. Still, at least you were there to witness the match, weren't you? Looks like you Cycled there too.

I await with interest the number of excuses you come up with after this one.

Wrong I'm afraid.

The Bees will be stronger when Fisher and Hansen swap places in my opinion.

Agree, I think Fisher will be a better number 3 away than Hansen, he has much more experience in Britain.

• Like 2

Guest GiveusaB

From what I saw last night? Howarth and Hansen performed admirably and look set to improve as the season goes on ! We all know that Andersen/Harris/Fisher can be inconsistent (hope that's a fair comment) but if they all click at the same time i.e the play offfs.......then Cov could be the outside bet for the title this season!

. If Bomber scores 8 on Friday he achieves his average, I really don't know what people expect from a rider who averages just under 7. This team is going places yet we still have people moaning. We have FIVE points from 2 away meetings, its a good start!

But wasn't Bomber signed because he is meant to be on a false average and should easily be meant to raising that starting average?

If he was doing his job the GP rider would be winning the odd race (at minimum) and that alone would have made the narrow defeat into a winning one.

If Harris cant raise his game and average you can as good as discount the Bees out of a potential top 4 spot IMHO.

In any winning team you are looking for key riders to raise there average. Howarth and Fisher are proving more than up to the job and Sarjeant made up for the loss in points by Garrity to some extent.

Your heat leaders (against one of the weakest top 5`s in the league) should have been scoring more points.

I diagree.

Making up new words now? :P

• Like 2

Harris was signed because of his average some thought was false .I don't think it is false that is his level fans were talking about 8+average this season no way will he get that I would say now a good second string at best

• Like 1

Harris was signed because of his average some thought was false .I don't think it is false that is his level fans were talking about 8+average this season no way will he get that I would say now a good second string at best

I think a large majority would disagree with you and still rate Bomber as number one standard.

He really shouldn't be struggling to match an 8 point average season on season, such is his experience now.

I like Bomber, i rate him. But his downward spiral is baffling to say the least.

I think it's a bit early to be talking about a downward spiral for this season at any rate, after 2 meetings a guest appearance, Steve. Let's judge him after at least a couple of months into the season. Like you, I sincerely hope he regains the form we know he is capable of.

But wasn't Bomber signed because he is meant to be on a false average and should easily be meant to raising that starting average?

If he was doing his job the GP rider would be winning the odd race (at minimum) and that alone would have made the narrow defeat into a winning one.

If Harris cant raise his game and average you can as good as discount the Bees out of a potential top 4 spot IMHO.

In any winning team you are looking for key riders to raise there average. Howarth and Fisher are proving more than up to the job and Sarjeant made up for the loss in points by Garrity to some extent.

Your heat leaders (against one of the weakest top 5`s in the league) should have been scoring more points.

Making up new words now? :P

He is on a false average but now with the new format if he averages 7 it will be successful. No easy races with reserves for him this year.

With the new format he would struggle to get 8 but if he averages 7 that will be a successful season.

I did some looking around and Harris has the top 2 scores riding in the number 5 position away from home, guesting for Wolves and last night. Away number 5s have struggled so far.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

I think a large majority would disagree with you and still rate Bomber as number one standard.

He really shouldn't be struggling to match an 8 point average season on season, such is his experience now.

I like Bomber, i rate him. But his downward spiral is baffling to say the least.

Steve hasHarris ever been a number 1 rider as we know them

He is on a false average but now with the new format if he averages 7 it will be successful. No easy races with reserves for him this year.

With the new format he would struggle to get 8 but if he averages 7 that will be a successful season.

I did some looking around and Harris has the top 2 scores riding in the number 5 position away from home, guesting for Wolves and last night. Away number 5s have struggled so far.

No but has every one keeps telling me he is a GP class rider he should be beating the top riders or are you agreeing with me he is not a top class rider anymore

Steve hasHarris ever been a number 1 rider as we know them No but has every one keeps telling me he is a GP class rider he should be beating the top riders or are you agreeing with me he is not a top class rider anymore

I agree Bomber isnt a number 1.