British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blueherb777

Leicester V Kent Kings - National Trophy - 6/4/14

They are called the Leicester Lion cubs not leicester Select. Where I agree that it is difficult to grasp the 'Trophy only' concept I hope it is a success. Tom Wooley is probably the closest thing to local. It would have been good to see Lee Geary in the side but with Buxton not starting their season till late Tom could probably do with the match practice but I hope Geary gets his chance. As for Shanes he started at Leicester (practice) but Coventry could offer him the NL place last year so it doesn't take a genius to work out who won that battle. Leicester need to build up an asset base if the draft system is to be continued and therefore need to dip their toe in the NL water and slowly learn the 'NL' trade.There would have been no point in including riders who the Leicester fans were unaware of. D Greenwood and O Greenwood have both ridden there in MDL finals and Sarjeant - Perry - Clegg have all ridden for the Lions. So plenty of connections with the club.

A little bit rich coming from a Cradley supporter but......

Who do you suggest they include?

A little bit rich coming from a Cradley Fan, ok you have mentioned the obvious one Lee Geary, Adam Portwood is another who comes to mind, the point Im making is WHY sign RESERVE riders who already have Team places ?..

A little bit rich coming from a Cradley fan Hmmmm, Im a Cradley fan by birth and by choice, however thats NOT to say i agree with ALL that goes on there ( I dont), for instance i would like to see us either run in the NT or put a Team in the MDL, the promotion have never come forward and said why they do neither. I would ask that just because i support Cradley on track, doesnt mean i agree with decisions made OFF Track. :wink:

• Like 1

A little bit rich coming from a Cradley Fan, ok you have mentioned the obvious one Lee Geary, Adam Portwood is another who comes to mind, the point Im making is WHY sign RESERVE riders who already have Team places ?..

A little bit rich coming from a Cradley fan Hmmmm, Im a Cradley fan by birth and by choice, however thats NOT to say i agree with ALL that goes on there ( I dont), for instance i would like to see us either run in the NT or put a Team in the MDL, the promotion have never come forward and said why they do neither. I would ask that just because i support Cradley on track, doesnt mean i agree with decisions made OFF Track. :wink:

Adam Portwood got injured in an MDL meeting last week but I don't think he had been asked. Geary is a question to be fair and as I said before I hope he gets his chance in forth coming meetings.

The team was built to the same points limit as all the national league teams and from what said on Sunday, they were asked to fill in when Buxton withdrew from the competition.

I liked the team when it was named and have seen many ride there very well in the MDL.

It will be interesting to see whether it develops into a fully fledged NL team next year, if you have the facility available you may as well try and use it to its maximum potential.

• Like 1