British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CardinalSin

Ipswich Vs Plymouth Thursday April 10th 7.30pm

Highlight of the night was seeing the excellent young Gino looking for his partner as he entered the bend, don't see that very often these days.

Always nice to ride a side where the opposition No 1 rides like he's never seen the track before, has he got a brain?

As for the crowd, while it was still daylight I envisaged all those sitting in the new seats and put them on the terraces where they used to be, it looked about the same as what you'd expect for an April Evening.

It's a hard one to judge the crowd since new stand. All I can say about it is, is that get there the same time every week and can normally tell if it's a good crowd or not by where I end up parking. So if last night's parking is anything to go by, the crowd wasn't that great, unless people have suddenly started walking or car sharing. As for the meeting, it was okay, the racing in some races was pretty close unless the outside blast was tried. At the moment it seems to be who can hug the curb the closest has best chance of winning. Morten wasn't great, cam seems to be getting worse at the moment, big worry for me at the moment, rohan was okay, but still nothing like testimonial. Gino again was brilliant. We know the team manager or promotion very rarely make changes to be proactive, but maybe just maybe swapping gino and Cameron around for a couple of meetings may help cam.

Good start to the season from Gino, better than I was expecting to be honest.

Got to agree the crowd looked a bit concerning, especially when reading various other threads where supporters are boasting of very good early attendances.