British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees V Leicester Lions 18/4/14

Skornicki was awful at Leicester in the Ben Fund, not to worried myself. I wonder who we can get in as guest.

One of Steve Davis's? :lol: Good idea - arrive early and then risk getting a fine for staying over 4 hours in the shopping centre car park. There will probably be a bigger crowd than usual but very much doubt if it will be anywhere near Coventry's attendance last night.

If you arrive early you will probably get into the car park.......

Just thought i'd set the record straight

Even the other half is not bothering and he is a Leicester regular.

Not much of a supporter then. Is he?

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

Not much of a supporter then. Is he?

He did a lot of graft when the stadium was being built though.

• Like 1

He did a lot of graft when the stadium was being built though.

Having never heard from Mr Gemini I can only take Mrs Gemini's word for his opinion!!!!

Edited by TMW

One of Steve Davis's? :lol:

Very similar, only a bit longer.

Going by your picture on here I think I saw you last night. Well at least I noticed the dogs first. They look lovely, who do they support ?

• Like 1

Good to see Helle Gundersen at Brandon last night, pity she did not bring Erik, might have been able to teach Coventry riders how to gate. Hope she was not left on her own for too long, looked a bit neglected on the centre green, but she got a few pictures.

Good luck to the Lions tonight. Brilliant support at Brandon last night. Not going tonight though as not much of a supporter.....

I take it your Mr Gemini.....

with all due respect the words were 'not bothering to go tonight'

Edited by TMW

.....TMW.......Not much of a supporter then. Is he?

.....Long Eye..... He did a lot of graft when the stadium was being built though.

Having never heard from Mr Gemini I can only take Mrs Gemini's word for his opinion!!!!

Yes he did so don't be so quick to judge who is a good supporter and who isn't. He's been to the majority of meetings at Leicester but got a bit cheesed off at the Wolves one as it was so cold standing around and the racing was pretty much follow-the-leader. He went to Coventry to support the Lions last night (a very rare visit) and was really cold again so decided he wasn't going tonight. Perhaps you feel the cold more as you get older. Poor chap will be 70 on Tuesday. :D

Regarding the parking.....yes if you get there really early you can use the stadium car park but someone I know got there at 6pm for the Wolves match and it was full. You're then faced with a 4 hour limit in the shopping centre one, which is cutting it a bit fine when the meeting doesn't even start until 7.30pm.

I take it your Mr Gemini.....

with all due respect the words were 'not bothering to go tonight'

Mr Gemini is actually Summit on here if you want to look him up so no he is not. Ray looks at the forum but would probably take a couple of hours with one finger to post anything so he doesn't bother......a bit like tonight. :wink:

Yes he did so don't be so quick to judge who is a good supporter and who isn't. He's been to the majority of meetings at Leicester but got a bit cheesed off at the Wolves one as it was so cold standing around and the racing was pretty much follow-the-leader. He went to Coventry to support the Lions last night (a very rare visit) and was really cold again so decided he wasn't going tonight. Perhaps you feel the cold more as you get older. Poor chap will be 70 on Tuesday. :D

Regarding the parking.....yes if you get there really early you can use the stadium car park but someone I know got there at 6pm for the Wolves match and it was full. You're then faced with a 4 hour limit in the shopping centre one, which is cutting it a bit fine when the meeting doesn't even start until 7.30pm.

Mr Gemini is actually Summit on here if you want to look him up so no he is not. Ray looks at the forum but would probably take a couple of hours with one finger to post anything so he doesn't bother......a bit like tonight. :wink:

That is all fair enough !!! Hope he has a nice birthday.....but I leave Coventry alone because to be fair that place is inconsequential to me.....but you seem to not miss an opportunity to put our stadium, management and team down. I am sorry you feel that way but I would be grateful from my part if you stuck to supporting Coventry and let me at least support the Lions !!!!

....but you seem to not miss an opportunity to put our stadium, management and team down.

Can you quote me a few posts as I can't remember putting the team, management or stadium down?