British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Rye House V Ipswich 20 April League Cup

Having Lambert in the team is like leaving your handbrake on driving along the motorway.

couldn't agree more.... ;)

be very surprised if Uncle Len and Uncle John make changes so early in the season.

couldn't agree more.... ;)

be very surprised if Uncle Len and Uncle John make changes so early in the season.

At least they're talking about it which is a big improvement on previous seasons.

• Like 1

Seems Rambo Lambo can score freely for Kent, but struggles for Rye. Maybe too good for National League but not good enough for Premier League. It does seem a strange one.

Well Simon still doesn't look too comfortable on a bike around Kent, yes he is scoring well but then again there was very little to beat yesterday. I hope he comes good as i like him a lot but i fear the clock is ticking even with the ultra patient Len in charge. If the right rider on the right average is available then i think a change will be made

• Like 1

Seems Rambo Lambo can score freely for Kent, but struggles for Rye. Maybe too good for National League but not good enough for Premier League. It does seem a strange one.

Huge difference between the PL & NL. SImon can gate, no doubt, but in the NL you're rarely gonna be passed unless you make a bad mistake. On Sunday he looked like a man under pressure and just waiting for an Ipswich rider to go under him, which happened on a couple of occasions on the 4th bend.

If anything it'll be Simon that decides enough is enough and step down, like last year when he returned from his ankle injury too soon.

I can only recall Silver "sacking" a rider in recent times, Kurt Shields. The others were replaced due to injury, or in Jordan Framptons case because he has basically had enough. Unless anyone can remember another?

• Like 1

Is funny how the tall riders have so much more difficulty in riding Rye than the shorter boys. Riders like Ashley Pullen and Trevor O'Brien were made to look so much better in a similar way to Jason Garrity when on song. No doubt that Simon is in the side to boost the points on the bigger away tracks, so far only Peterborough of the big tracks have been visited and he didn't really impress there. Trouble is the way the team is set up you simply cannot afford to have anyone struggling. The other worry for me is that we are putting far too much pressure on Luke Bowen who is having to have six or seven rides home or away. Yes he is revelling in it at the moment but over time it takes its toll. Simon will continue to pick up more points in both the EL and NL than with us and the only difference in Lens mind if he replaced Simon might be the fact that Simon will continue to have a fair few meetings if he wasn't in the PL.

• Like 1

I think you have hit the nail on the head with Simon, seems Jason can score points for Coventry but not for us!!!

I think you have hit the nail on the head with Simon, seems Jason can score points for Coventry but not for us!!!

He's primarily racing NL riders in the EL, so can win both reserve races and have two third places without beating an "EL" opponent.

Bobby Garrad use to sling it around Hoddesdon ok.

Completely different machinery in his day.

Huge difference between the PL & NL. SImon can gate, no doubt, but in the NL you're rarely gonna be passed unless you make a bad mistake. On Sunday he looked like a man under pressure and just waiting for an Ipswich rider to go under him, which happened on a couple of occasions on the 4th bend.

If anything it'll be Simon that decides enough is enough and step down, like last year when he returned from his ankle injury too soon.

I can only recall Silver "sacking" a rider in recent times, Kurt Shields. The others were replaced due to injury, or in Jordan Framptons case because he has basically had enough. Unless anyone can remember another?

Hawkins?

Depends who you believe with Richie, lots of fan pressure to remove him, company line suggested it was Richie who chose to go but i think he was pushed.

They're both mostly racing against NL standard riders in the EL

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Depends who you believe with Richie, lots of fan pressure to remove him, company line suggested it was Richie who chose to go but i think he was pushed.

Since joining Ipswich, Hawkins said he'd had enough of the sport when he stopped - and it took a lot of persuasion from his Louis to give it another try on a temporary basis ...