British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DAVEK

Sheffield V Redcar 17th April

Tigers lucky tonight - one winner out of first four heats at home is just not good enough! Nielsen & Poole are not pulling their weight at present and need to show improvement - fast!

Once again before 7.30pm - no programmes available - sold out, felt so sorry for the kids selling them with dozens of punters stood around complaining about something that isn't their fault. The management really need to sort this out, twice this has happened in only five meetings, it's unprofessional and bad for business, although I'll bet there will be plenty next week for the British semi-final when they'll be a fiver each!

Can't see anything other than another away massacre tomorrow night, even if Lawson isn't riding. Tigers just can't seem to get going until halfway through the meeting, and that's at home!

• Like 1

Looks on paper to have been a good close meeting for the in-house spectators. Obviously, being a Diamonds fan, I was rooting for the home team but the Bears came to the party and provided good entertainment.

Redcar might well regret letting that slip away, as Doolan replaces Lawson for Fridays return.

Tigers lucky tonight - one winner out of first four heats at home is just not good enough! Nielsen & Poole are not pulling their weight at present and need to show improvement - fast!Once again before 7.30pm - no programmes available - sold out, felt so sorry for the kids selling them with dozens of punters stood around complaining about something that isn't their fault. The management really need to sort this out, twice this has happened in only five meetings, it's unprofessional and bad for business, although I'll bet there will be plenty next week for the British semi-final when they'll be a fiver each!Can't see anything other than another away massacre tomorrow night, even if Lawson isn't riding. Tigers just can't seem to get going until halfway through the meeting, and that's at home!

i arrived just before 7.30 and I got a programme. Probably one of the last given the above.. BUT The lady on the stand explained that as the print quality wasn't what they expect they were free with donations accepted at the customers' discretion. So i suppose its inevitable they all went. There will have been people taking a programme who wouldn't have bought one normally. As for what it was like, I didn't see much wrong with it. The racecard is 10 times better than a couple of weeks ago. Nice touch giving out the eggs for kids and the signed Josh Bates photos as for the team, the scond strings need to pull their fingers out. No way should they score 2 between them at home Thankfully the reserves stepped up and Sheffield scraped a win. Some good races and a last heat decider. What more could we ask for? Well a 7 point win maybe, but we always had to win at Redcar so we just need to win up there by 7 tonight. Might have a drive up and take my lad

Tigers lucky tonight - one winner out of first four heats at home is just not good enough! Nielsen & Poole are not pulling their weight at present and need to show improvement - fast!

Once again before 7.30pm - no programmes available - sold out, felt so sorry for the kids selling them with dozens of punters stood around complaining about something that isn't their fault. The management really need to sort this out, twice this has happened in only five meetings, it's unprofessional and bad for business, although I'll bet there will be plenty next week for the British semi-final when they'll be a fiver each!

Can't see anything other than another away massacre tomorrow night, even if Lawson isn't riding. Tigers just can't seem to get going until halfway through the meeting, and that's at home!

Totally agree.The management are really trying hard but the programme issue is getting beyond a joke.I got there at 7.30 and programmes just sold out.The standard of it is poor.They seem to be altering one bit each week,why not just sort the whole programme in one go ? Felt sorry for Nielsen last night when he was excluded,looked bit harsh to me.Taylor poole needs to get sorted,hes far better than the performances hes carding at the moment.Steady needs some consistency and josh looks to have turned the corner with his form.