British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kitten2502

Sgp Cardiff.

Genuine question. Are supporters allowed to take air horns into the Millenium Stadium or are they to be purchased inside? If they can be taken in, what spec do they need to be to avoid confiscation?

You can take them in. Some takes you get a twit of an official who says you can't but just ask to see another. Or alternatively, take them in in your bag, the only bags they check are the ones of the people who queue up to be checked, they dont stop people - only in Britain would people queue to have bags checked if they dont have to!

Technically they have to be non-flammable but you try finding a flammable air horn these days.

Thanks SCB - I'd heard that all bags were searched - if that's not the case then all's good. I will make sure any I take are non-flammable (although I do possess the other sort too).

i can only speak for myself but I've been every year and not had a bag checked. It's amusing to walk in with a bag, not be asked to stop and see people queue to show there bags. Thats not to say it doesn't happen, but unless someone says otherwise I'd say you will be ok.

They tend to relax all the rules for speedway as they're not so picky about flag poles either.

i can only speak for myself but I've been every year and not had a bag checked. It's amusing to walk in with a bag, not be asked to stop and see people queue to show there bags. Thats not to say it doesn't happen, but unless someone says otherwise I'd say you will be ok.

They tend to relax all the rules for speedway as they're not so picky about flag poles either.

The couple of times I have been I have had my bag checked........and that was just from being in the queue to get in and everyone had them done............first time we got away with taking food and drink in because our son is such a faddy eater that we knew he would not eat anything in the stadium..........second time they never found anything except a load of old Sainsburys receipts...............

RP

Have taken food and drink every time I have been there, was only told once I could not take food in. Rather than cause a jam at the entrance and insisting they dug out the conditions of entry and showed the relevant paragraph we went round the corner for a while, took the food out of the bag and put it inside jacket and approached a different queue to the section, showed the bag now only containing flask etc and went in.