British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ommer Mon

Coventry V Cradley Heath (national League) 21/4/14

Barring Starke, and to a lesser extent Worrall, your top 5 were useless. That's what cost you.

Our number 3 Perry was outclassed by Covs number 3 Olly Greenwood who was the match winner!

He was brilliant an will be atking the number one jacket soon if he keeps that it up cause he was amaazing! He went around the boards in one heat to pass worrall which was worth the entrance fee in itself! It was copied by Starke and Worrall in heat 13 for the 4-2 against Nielsen and Sarge!

• Like 1

Sour grapes from the Cradley fans but I doubt the storm lads noticed as they celebrated a fair and well fought victory.

• Like 1

Well done Cov.Certainly have a handy side and will be there or there abouts come the end of the season.Looking forward to seeing how the season unfolds

Edited by adz_mft

Coventry deserved to win, even with the dubious referee decision in heat 14 wouldnt have changed it to much! Coventry would have won by 2 points and not 3!

I think people need to take a step back in the Cradley Fans camp and realise that its what happens in speedway, but it was a cracking night of speedway, watching 14 young lads give there all and there bodies to entertain us.

And the highlight of the night was watching Oliver Greenwood go around the boards to pass Worrall, and then the same move to be completed by Starke and then Worall in heat 15!

A great night of speedway ruined by people who forget its not about winning in this league, it is about developing young riders for Coventry Bees of the future and maybe even the Heathens in the PL.

Completely agree. Nice to see a fan with something inside their head.

• Like 1

How was the track?

Very Dusty! Was drier than Gandi's Flipflop!

The rain just before the rerun in heat 14 was what was needed the majoirty of the night! The dirt line moved out over the night and it wasnt a one line track!

CB I've said all along perry and clegg riding together aWay from will lose us matches! Well done to cov. Long way to go as yet this season!

I was up in the grandstand so I missed all of the antics in and around the pits so I can't comment on them.

What I saw was a good old fashioned passionate Speedway match between two teams that are going to end up battling it out for honours at the end of the season (injuries permitting on both sides of course).

After going eight points down many teams would have thrown in the towel but the Storm lads stuck at it and made the most of the weaknesses in the Cradley team and the gifts that were thrown in their direction.

Mainly from the gate but there were some great passing manoeuvres too from both sides.

A great encounter and I look forward to the next one.

• Like 2

How was the track?

Dry because rain was forecast, but luckily it didn't last for long.

Brilliant match with loads of passing, which just makes me all the more disappointed that my local track doesn't produce racing like this. Well done to all the lads. The only downside was seeing Martin Knuckey struggle again. Can't see him wanting to make the journey up from Cornwall for much longer.

As a heathens fan I was appalled at the treatment they gave to Ryan terry-daly and at those idiots trying to climb into the pits,it was a bad decision by the referee to disqualify Clegg in heat 14(cradley lucky in heat 1 when greaves and crang touched crang got disqualified but could have gone either way,so i think referee levelled his decisions out by doing clegg in heat 14)but at the end of the day I blame the defeat on the team manager who in my opinion and several others stood by me should have replaced Clegg for Williamson,Williamson would have gated and gone and avoided any first bend bunching and would have gone on to at least get 2nd place which would have meant a final score of 45 all and a fair result on a evening of very good speedway entertainment,fair play to the storm for coming from 8 points behind to grab the victory though.

Edited by deathbymilkfloat
  • Like 4

What I found bad was the language being used by some off the Cradley supporters. I thought this was a family sport?

• Like 1

What I found bad was the language being used by some off the Cradley supporters. I thought this was a family sport?

Family sport when Dudley are in town?

Not very likely!

There are some very pleasant fans, but there are others who quite frankly need to be eliminated from the sport.

Even Pearson in the pits put his head down and looked embarrassed.

• Like 3

Please don't tar us all with the same brush those few morons give us all a bad name. There's a lot more good ones than bad ones of us. There's no need for personal insults and excessive sweating it's embarrassing.

• Like 3