British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Wolves V Belle Vue 22/4/14

Sorry Have I missed something? :o

did they lose last night then? ;)

Never said they were beaten, just remarked they were beatable.

Starting to like the race format but it needs some tinkering with. The major one is away rider not coming out till heat 5 and then against home 1 & 5 and away number 3 finished by heat 10. Also the gates need sorting out, one team has certain gates for 4 on trot then other team has them 3 on trot etc how hard is it to alternate them.

The gates have never alternated race to race and there has always been one rider finished by heat 10. I don't understand the problem with the away No 4 not riding till heat 5. There would almost always have been a track grade since the home 1&5 were last out and the away N04 goes out in heat 5 on a brand new tyre while the home 1&5 have a part worn tyre (given that modern tyres barely last 4 races).

Well, well, well, seems the hyped up King of the PL, is struggling when up against the big guns :lol: . Riding at 5 in the EL is certainly a bigger jump than he thought for Mr Cook !! Maybe this will bring him down a peg or two off that pedestal he has himself sat upon, a long way to go til you're a Darcy Ward marra :P

A share of the spoils seemed the right outcome and a pleasure for the Sky viewers

Never been a lover of the Monmore track, and thought there were too many falls last night.

That many falls aren't the normal at the best prepared race track in the country.

I did not say anything Steve.

It wasn't aimed at you Gater1, just the other poster you quoted. I don't

usually see its nonsense thru choice.

Never said they were beaten, just remarked they were beatable.

All teams are beatable - the Stars will have meetings when the kids don't get things right on the night.

We were beaten at Kirky on Friday so its obvious we are beatable. Still, we haven't lost at home yet.

Woffinden neede to move, Monmore Green and Wroclow are not race tracks.

I thought Tai rode at Molineux stadium?!!

It will be a tough season for Woffy, don`t think for a minute he`ll keep his crown, IF he does he`ll be a deserved world champ...

He already is a deserved World Champ.

Whoever wins this year will also be a deserved World Champ, so not sure of the point you are trying to make?

Well, well, well, seems the hyped up King of the PL, is struggling when up against the big guns :lol: . Riding at 5 in the EL is certainly a bigger jump than he thought for Mr Cook !! Maybe this will bring him down a peg or two off that pedestal he has himself sat upon, a long way to go til you're a Darcy Ward marra :P

A share of the spoils seemed the right outcome and a pleasure for the Sky viewers

Seems to be a few jealous folk waiting for Craig Cook to fail.

He isn't the 'hyped up King of the PL'. He IS the King of the PL.

Let's see how he gets on for the rest of the season before throwing stones.

I thought Scotty was amazing last night. A lot of people said he was past it at the end of last season. One of our favourite riders and although he is not a Bee this season, I'm pleased to see him riding well.

Yesterday's match on Sky was exiting right up to and including heat 15 - a great advert for Elite League speedway.

• Like 2

Seems to be a few jealous folk waiting for Craig Cook to fail.

He isn't the 'hyped up King of the PL'. He IS the King of the PL.

Let's see how he gets on for the rest of the season before throwing stones.

I don't think most people are jealous of Cook but he chose to spout off in Speedway Star a few weeks ago about how he thinks he should be at Cardiff, then added "Not just as a reserve that's a waste of time" as if a Grand Prix reserve is beneath him. If rider tells us he virtually has a God-given right to be at Cardiff and then rides as he did last night people are bound to pick up on it. If he staked his claim to Cardiff by what he did on track he would get more support. Compare his attitude to Scotty last night, Scott's been there , done it , got the T-shirt, always good when interviewed, not always blowing his own trumpet and slipping gracefully into the role of elder statesman of British speedway and therefore gets a lot fan support wherever he goes.

• Like 3

I don't think most people are jealous of Cook but he chose to spout off in Speedway Star a few weeks ago about how he thinks he should be at Cardiff, then added "Not just as a reserve that's a waste of time" as if a Grand Prix reserve is beneath him. If rider tells us he virtually has a God-given right to be at Cardiff and then rides as he did last night people are bound to pick up on it. If he staked his claim to Cardiff by what he did on track he would get more support. Compare his attitude to Scotty last night, Scott's been there , done it , got the T-shirt, always good when interviewed, not always blowing his own trumpet and slipping gracefully into the role of elder statesman of British speedway and therefore gets a lot fan support wherever he goes.

TBF, Scott was a jumped up, arrogant, cocky, disliked by many little oik when he was younger. Didn't he once take a swing at a Kings Lynn fan?

TBF, Scott was a jumped up, arrogant, cocky, disliked by many little oik when he was younger. Didn't he once take a swing at a Kings Lynn fan?

Yep, back in his Ipswich days.

There is sometimes a fine line between self belief and ambition and what some see as spouting off.

I read the article on SS as the former. It speaks volumes for Cookie that he posted an apology for his performance on Twitter very soon after the meeting.

As for Scottie, it is brilliant to see him doing so well.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

I thought Scotty was amazing last night. A lot of people said he was past it at the end of last season. One of our favourite riders and although he is not a Bee this season, I'm pleased to see him riding well.Yesterday's match on Sky was exiting right up to and including heat 15 - a great advert for Elite League speedway.

should have kept him at Brandon instead of Harris
  • Like 2

If our riders have finally realised they need to use the media to get their name out there, then I can't blame Cook for his comments. One thing you can't accuse Harris of is being a shrinking violet in the press (barely a week goes by without a Harris article bemoaning his misfortune) and Bomber certainly has a high opinion of his own ability. Good for him, a bit of cockiness, confidence and ambition certainly seems to work for the Australians and it's certainly better than being shy and retiring.

Of course it would be better if the riders proved a point on track, but it's not always that easy. Take last year's British Final for example, this would have previously been an opportunity to get on the world stage by finishing as the highest non-GP rider. Instead the organisers shoehorned Harris into the Cardiff meeting because there was a chance he wouldn't qualify by right. I think a lot of riders were dismayed by that decision and if anything it probably spurred Nicholls on even further in the final. It's a shame Nicholls wasn't rewarded for his efforts with a place at Cardiff, as had been the case in the past, and as is the case this year.

Is it any wonder riders are taking every opportunity they can to make the organisers question their blatant favoritism to one rider, and stake a claim for the kind of charity Harris has had in the last half a decade or so? As the old adage goes, if you don't ask, you don't get.

JT.

Edited by JT
  • Like 3

Yeah, would have been good to have him back. He always put 100% into every race and he is very clever in his riding, no panic, the thing with Scott is that if he has a bad meeting or ride its only himself he blamed. Also he never seemed to carry it around with him, good or bad meeting.

Belle vue suits him and hope he makes it British title number 8.

• Like 3