British Speedway Forum
Swift Saint

Stoke Speedway Track Work Update

Unfair to lay any of the blame at Malcs feet. He is just the hired help who gets to come on here and take the flak

• Like 1

just needs good managment then all sports can live happily together .

You have hit the nail on the head there my friend, as that is what Stoke has needed for over 20 years...Good management!

Good luck to all at Stoke, especially Malcolm, who always responds to the negative comments aimed at Stoke. I suspect that his hands are tied when it comes to sorting a lot of the problems out, & I feel that sometimes the moaners are shooting the messenger.

No, we are shooting the man who came in when Stoke were in the PL and he has been there as they have slid down to the NL and to last years fiasco season of being bottom and not completing the fixtures. If he comes on here as the spokesman and puts himself up as the public face of the team (after all he is the Co-Promoter/Team Manager and Press Officer) we are entitled to have a pop when the team is as bad as it has been.

Unfair to lay any of the blame at Malcs feet. He is just the hired help who gets to come on here and take the flak

As I said, If he comes on here as the spokesman and puts himself up as the public face of the team (after all he is the Co-Promoter/Team Manager and Press Officer) we are entitled to have a pop when the team is as bad as it has been.

• Like 1

He still has to answer to his bosses, the same as a manager in any industry having directors to answer to. I think you would be better talking to the directors of Stoke speedway iannewsman, do you still attend speedway at Stoke ?

Proud panther,

Have you not read all the posts on here about talking to the promotion?

All you get is an earfull , as they seem to know all and dont want anyone giving there vIews

You have hit the nail on the head there my friend, as that is what Stoke has needed for over 20 years...Good management!

No, we are shooting the man who came in when Stoke were in the PL and he has been there as they have slid down to the NL and to last years fiasco season of being bottom and not completing the fixtures. If he comes on here as the spokesman and puts himself up as the public face of the team (after all he is the Co-Promoter/Team Manager and Press Officer) we are entitled to have a pop when the team is as bad as it has been.

As I said, If he comes on here as the spokesman and puts himself up as the public face of the team (after all he is the Co-Promoter/Team Manager and Press Officer) we are entitled to have a pop when the team is as bad as it has been.

Whatever I am I am not a bitter and twisted failed announcer with a chip on his shoulder and words like a thunderstorm at funeral.

You really are boring Ian with your constant attack on people who if they ever did a single good thing it was to dispense with your services and before the usual suspects come here to defend you plenty of people said that whilst you were in post. Get a life.

There is a law concerning the deliberate use of media to deliberately harm a business with malicious attacks it is the Malicious Communications Act 1988 and I suggest you read the legislation very carefully and ensure that you retain a position the right side of the law. Our advice is that you have almost certainly already transgressed and all of your comments are retained in hard copy so take it easy.

Just a word of advice in the face of your remarkable spate of damaging statements.

Malcolm Vasey

Well said as I am sick and tired of trolls who invade these pages as a Heathens and a true speedway fan since 1960!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Malcolm that is pathetic. I know that piece of legislation extremely well. If I say anything that isn't true then fair enough. But opinion backed up by fact is perfectly ok. I would be very happy to test it in court. If you wouldd like to read you last post again I think you will find the law of libel could be used for some of that. I have been a journalist for 30 years and an internet journalist for over 6 years and opinion is allowed even if those who disagree don't like it.

I am very happy with my life and more than happy that I don't waste my Saturday nights supporting a promotion that not only don't deserve it, but also never appreciated it.

I have more than enough recorded and documented proof to counter anything you and the promotion might have.

You don't scare me.

What I stated is true.

Oh Malcolm that is pathetic. I know that piece of legislation extremely well. If I say anything that isn't true then fair enough. But opinion backed up by fact is perfectly ok. I would be very happy to test it in court. If you wouldd like to read you last post again I think you will find the law of libel could be used for some of that. I have been a journalist for 30 years and an internet journalist for over 6 years and opinion is allowed even if those who disagree don't like it.

I am very happy with my life and more than happy that I don't waste my Saturday nights supporting a promotion that not only don't deserve it, but also never appreciated it.

I have more than enough recorded and documented proof to counter anything you and the promotion might have.

You don't scare me.

What I stated is true.

Its ok Ian just be warned and be careful.

Malcolm Vasey

iannewsman, if you don't go to Stoke anymore, why do you feel the need to slag the promotion off ? Sounds like sour grapes to me, & before you ask, I have never met Malcolm Vasey, so my opinion isn't biased towards him.

Its ok Ian just be warned and be careful.

Malcolm Vasey

It's good to see your main worry is about what someone might have said to upset the fantastic promotion team at Stoke, never worry about the pathetic promotion of meetings oh that is if they actually go ahead or the ever welcoming team at the gate, no let's worry about what has upset the promotion ( I use that term very sparingly).

My own opinion is that you and your co promoters couldn't promote a pram race, oh gosh I'm not leaving myself open to slander am I oh dear.

If you need to consult solicitors let me know and I'll pass on my details.

Pathetic.

Edited by boozer

It's good to see your main worry is about what someone might have said to upset the fantastic promotion team at Stoke, never worry about the pathetic promotion of meetings oh that is if they actually go ahead or the ever welcoming team at the gate, no let's worry about what has upset the promotion ( I use that term very sparingly).

My own opinion is that you and your co promoters couldn't promote a pram race, oh gosh I'm not leaving myself open to slander am I oh dear.

If you need to consult solicitors let me know and I'll pass on my details.

Pathetic.

I just knew you would be flushed out of wherever you were lurking

Malcolm vasey

I just knew you would be flushed out of wherever you were lurking

Malcolm vasey

I just knew that you would be lurking somewhere as I waited for your reply.

boozer

Boozer~

I agree with a great many of the things you say on here, but whilst your comments about the gate staff at Loomer rd might once have been correct, it isn't the case now.

I cannot speak for the turnstile, for I do not use it now, but when taking a motor vehicle into the stadium, you are treated to a pleasant and sincere welcome from a pleasant lady at the gate.

Your remark is a little out of date, that's all.

• Like 1

Just a reminder, this thread is about track work and information regarding the match v Kent. Whilst peoples personal views on the promotion are there own, please leave the thread for what it is meant to be about. Awaiting Malcolm's next track update with interest.

• Like 1

Thanks Buxton Tiger shale continues to be laid this morning and it is nice to reply to genuine respondents rather than those who do nothing more than criticise and abuse often quite unjustifiably. I am sure that we will have an exciting speedway match on a great track unless there is a monsoon in Stoke tomorrow and the forecast is good.

Iannewsman accused me of having no confidence in my team but I quote in full the article from the Stoke Sentinel that he refers to

so that you can judge his valueless comments for what they are, Are these the words to the Press of a Manager lacking confidence in his team? I think not and whilst I have considerable respect for the two Clubs we face this weekend I expect to win both matches. Having said that many things happen in speedway and my confidence might prove wrong but the balance of probabilities tells me to be optimistic as the Sentinel's report suggests which was seriously misunderstood by Iannewsman in spite of his claimed long association with the media. This should tell you that his purpose ion life would seem to be to try and further destroy the credibility of Stoke Speedway however unfairly.

Here is the piece Judge for yourselves:

"TEAM boss Malcolm Vasey is predicting a big weekend for the Stoke Easy Rider Potters when they kick-start their season in earnest with two meetings.

The Potters face Kent at Loomer Road on Saturday (7pm) in the National Trophy before travelling to near neighbours Buxton the following day when National League points will be up for grabs.

And they will be praying for good weather after seeing their 2014 campaign held up by track problems at Loomer Road.

Their only fixture to date was a 54-40 National Trophy defeat at Mildenhall on April 6, but Vasey is confident his team can finally get their season back on track.

He said: "We obviously want to do well in front of our supporters in our first home meeting of the season, and the hope now is that we will click quickly against what is a strong Kent side who already have a few meetings under their belts."

Work has been continuing this week to resolve the problems at Loomer Road, described by the club as a "seepage of moisture into the sub soil beneath the track".

Two areas have been affected, but the worst was on the entrance to the first turn, a particular issue for riders.

However, the club is confident all will be well by the weekend.

Although the cause of the problem remains unclear, it has eased recently with the better spring weather.

The club have also laid more shale on the problem areas this week to ensure the track is in great shape by the time Kent come to town.

With them will be Simon Lambert, the former Stoke number one who won the National League pairs title for the club with Tim Webster in 2011.

Vasey added: "Kent include a strong heat leader trio in Simon, Benji Compton and Ben Morley, so we know that we will have our hands full.

"And I'm sure Simon would like to come back here and show us he is just as good now as when he rode for Stoke.

"It's not about one rider though, and I will be looking for a good performance from Stoke as a team. The National Trophy is a competition that we want to do well in, and winning your home meetings will go a long way to making that happen."

"We also want to build confidence to take to Buxton the next day as that's a meeting we should be capable of doing well in."

Stoke reserve Rob Shuttleworth warmed up for the weekend by scoring 11 points for Belle Vue Colts in a Midland Development League fixture against Milton Keynes.

Potters asset Shaun Tedham claimed a paid 10 for Milton Keynes as Belle Vue ran out 20-14 winners".

Read more: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Speedway-Potters-aim-track-weekend-double-header/story-21038969-detail/story.html#ixzz30YDYk4Dp

Malcolm Vasey

Edited by Proud Potter