British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye House V Scunthorpe 26th April

Dam...i was thinking of coming down for this one,was watching the forecast thinking the rain would pass and become quite a nice afternoon[with a Scunny win]

Meeting off

Looks like the same will apply on Wednesday looking at the Weather Forecast. Raining every day including Wednesday.

Think the response from the Rye faithfull about the run up to this meeting says it all. No post about this meeting until today.

I'm surprised it's off so early. The BBC forecast is for a dry late afternoon and evening, no doubt Len is saving the track for next weeks semi!

Looking out of the window half a mile from the track it's cloudy, but bright. Had no rain this morning and there's a little pale blue sky visable. The track must have received a fair soaking yesterday. I wouldn't know as I was one of the handful of unfortunate Rye supporters who made the trip down to Somerset for that horror show.

• Like 1

It was pretty wet south of the river yesterday shads, but at lakeside last night it was dry and had been for most of the day.

Edited by cityrebel

I'm surprised it's off so early. The BBC forecast is for a dry late afternoon and evening, no doubt Len is saving the track for next weeks semi!

No surprise to me really as it save us from another home thrashing of this very poor team

• Like 1

dont understand how a meeting can be called off at 8am with a evening forecast that was showing ok???im sure he could have given it until midday

I doubt this call off had much to do with the weather. The Scunthorpe side i saw at Ipswich were pretty poor and should have been fodder for even an average Rye side. That really says it all as i think the Promotion are running scared believing that defeat even against a mediocre side was on the cards. I know its easy taking a swipe at the team but my God i cannot remember a team so devoid of ambition. I liken it to the team that followed after the title winning team of 1980. For me only Kennett and Bowen are worth their places along with Boxall if he were a second string not a heat leader. The rest sadly are simply not up to scratch. Major work is needed on the team not just a replacement for Simon Lambert.

• Like 2

I doubt this call off had much to do with the weather. The Scunthorpe side i saw at Ipswich were pretty poor and should have been fodder for even an average Rye side. That really says it all as i think the Promotion are running scared believing that defeat even against a mediocre side was on the cards. I know its easy taking a swipe at the team but my God i cannot remember a team so devoid of ambition. I liken it to the team that followed after the title winning team of 1980. For me only Kennett and Bowen are worth their places along with Boxall if he were a second string not a heat leader. The rest sadly are simply not up to scratch. Major work is needed on the team not just a replacement for Simon Lambert.

At least you can enjoy an evening in the Sun!!!

And folk wonder why speedway is a joke!!!

At least you can enjoy an evening in the Sun!!!

And folk wonder why speedway is a joke!!!

Can't believe this was called off, i live about 20 minutes from the track and its been warm and sunny all afternoon!

Can't believe this was called off, i live about 20 minutes from the track and its been warm and sunny all afternoon!

A tac rain off!!! bloody wrong really but hey ho

I really do fear for the future of speedway at rye if they did pull a stunt like this. No doubt some fans turned up tonight expecting to see a meeting, not all of us have internet access.

• Like 1