British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerish

Sheffield Tigers V Berwick Bandits 01/05/14 Koc

How do we think the Tigers will fare over two legs against the Bandits. What difference will Ty Proctor make in his first meeting for Sheffield? Personally, I take Tigers to will by 55 to 35 and to hang on to win in the second leg.

Can't see this one going ahead, forecast is dreadful. Hope they call if off early, would save a wasted journey.

How do we think the Tigers will fare over two legs against the Bandits. What difference will Ty Proctor make in his first meeting for Sheffield? Personally, I take Tigers to will by 55 to 35 and to hang on to win in the second leg.

Have you seen the weather forecast?

BBC forecast is currently light rain all day from 8am until midnight, but they have been known to be wrong many times before.

In the Sheffield Star:-

Ty Proctor has revealed how he turned his back on a contract to race in Sweden to join Sheffield this week.

Proctor, who lives in the city, will replace the unlucky Adam Roynon in tomorrow’s Knockout Cup clash with Berwick at Owlerton.

And the confident rider already has his eyes set on battling for Premier League glory with what he describes as a “really talented side” around him.

Proctor said: “Obviously it’s great to be back in the Premier League after the whole situation that happened at the start of the season with me losing my team place at Somerset.

Sheffield was one of the last places I expected to end up because I’d already signed to ride in Sweden on a Thursday.

I had been in talks with a lot of other clubs, but when they were able to fit me in it was a chance I just had to take.

It was a difficult situation for me having outlaid a lot of money to ride in Sweden and it was a tough decision to make, but when it came to Sheffield everything just felt right and things seemed to fit.

I live only two minutes from the track now so it’s perfect for me in that respect, and everything just seems to fit into place.

I’m not going to hide the fact that the beginning of the season hasn’t been ideal for me, and I knew that I needed to be riding more to try and correct that.

I feel my gating has been something that has been really strong this year.

It’s just silly mistakes on track that have been costing me.

I’m sure with riding more now I should be able to correct that and I’m pretty confident I can score plenty of points.

I need to knuckle down and prove to a lot of fans what I am capable, so hopefully being at Sheffield can enable me to do that.

I have signed for Sheffield because I want to win the league, and I feel like we have a really talented team with a lot of potential.”

BBC forecast is currently light rain all day from 8am until midnight, but they have been known to be wrong many times before.

Heavy rain, then?

Berwick seem to be fated with away meeting this season already had Redcar called off twice and Glasgow forecast does not look to good tomorrow either if meeting does go ahead hope Berwick can keep score tight and all 14 riders have a safe meeting.

Berwick seem to be fated with away meeting this season already had Redcar called off twice and Glasgow forecast does not look to good tomorrow either if meeting does go ahead hope Berwick can keep score tight and all 14 riders have a safe meeting.

Err...I think its the lesser Tigers of Sheffield that Berwick are due to visit rather than Glasgow ;)

Err...I think its the lesser Tigers of Sheffield that Berwick are due to visit rather than Glasgow ;)

Oh for a comma.

Edited by screm
  • Like 1

Stead:

Steady will be solid - as always. Will lead from the front and will want to get the boys revved up to take a big win on home shale tonight. Watch him go.

Poole:

Taylor is improving meeting by meeting, we all know he can ride Sheffield, and I surely think tonight he will bring in the points. He will want to be amongst the thick of it from the off.

Lanham:

The experienced Mr Lanham will form a formidable middle order partnership with Andre Compton. His experience is invaluable and tonight he will hold things together, wind it all on and do everything possible to bag in the points.

Compton:

Andre is solid as always, now he is not at reserve we may not see as many heat wins, but you never know, Andre knows the fast way around Owlerton and will cause opposition riders all kind of problems tonight.

Proctor:

Bold move by the promotion by bringing Ty in, I for one salute this move. Elite league performer, we already know that he is a point scoring machine on his day. Riding for the Tigers in the PL can only benefit him. Watch him go because once he gets fully dialled in he will slam home the points. Chuffed to see Proctor in a Sheffield race jacket. Great signing which shows clear ambition.

Nielsen:

Has showed us flashes of what he can do, nothing would please me more than to see Nielsen amongst the points. Lets get behind him.

Bates:

The dynamite kid whom has no fear. Young Bates is a revelation at reserve and he is loving his speedway at Sheffield. Is only going to get better as the meetings roll by, and tonight he will bag in some good points, Bates you are awesome. Watch him go.

How's the weather looking? Really not wanting a 3&1/2 hour wasted journey later!

I think we need to race this meeting next Thursday and switch scunny meeting.With Jorgensen at reserve Ty not practiced and been weeker at reserve we could get another big pasting.Any thoughts ?