British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Lakeside V Coventry 3rd May

Personaly i would give him the next two home meetings to improve, if he does Not then get rid.

if he can't improve at home we've got no chance .i think you are being kind giving him two home meetings its away as well he needs to score points should not have let Scotty go
  • Like 2

Scott is having a good start to the season but was always going to go well on a small track like Belle Vue

Harris needs to pull his finger out both home and away, if not then we need to look at a possible replacement.

What average would Larsen come in on?

• Like 1

About 7. He fits. We have about 8 points to play with to replace Bomber. Bring back KK?

About 7. He fits. We have about 8 points to play with to replace Bomber. Bring back KK?

That's hilarious! :D

I find it quiet ironic, that all the matches played last night were on the best tracks for FTG racing. Leicester, Lakeside and Eastbourne are all renowned as gaters tracks and all the moaning about Bomber Harris , won't alter the fact, when it comes to gating he's not the best.. Any decent rider who can get out, stay on line will always score more points at these tracks, than someone trying to come from the back.

Bomber has always provided plenty of thrills with his round the board style of riding, but his gating has always been his nemesis. He may let you down on these tight venues, but when he gets the chance on proper size tracks, he'll be there or thereabouts.

You get what you expect from Bomber.......

Here we go again, everyone who saw the Lakeside -Coventry match said it was decent racing, yet the blinkered and the prejudiced who didn't see it still perpetuate the old FTG myth.

Its quite amazing how some who weren't there know what sort of a match it was and what Bombers problems were. As for the comment about Bombers gating and round the boards style of riding I thought in heat 3 Bomber actually had his nose in front going into bend 1 but it was Dave Watts trademark blast round the outside that took him into the lead coming off bend 2 . It then took Lewis until lap 3 to get past bomber and stamp his authority on his lead with Lewis out in the dirt and Bomber actually round the inside. Incidently Bomber does tend to ride the inside line at Lakeside and has on occasions scores some good points that way

Max Fricke , as others have said was stunningly good , but he never made the gate all night. His clash with Mikkel Bech was as good as you will see anywhere with lots of physical contact with Fricke first of all forcing his way past Bech and Bech reclaiming the lead a lap later after some real hard riding by both of them.

In heat 12 Fricke went from third to first, after the lead changed goodness knows how many times, but the proverbial blanket was covering the first three most of the race. Yet still we have all this Lakeside is a gaters track stuff. The point is if clubs like Coventry and Swindon can turn up with a team that can put up a show why can't others ? I would suggest its not the track, its certain riders who take one look at it and are beaten in their minds before they go out. If a PL rider like Max Fricke can perform like that there is no excuse for some of the more established EL riders not to do the same. Still the blinkered ones won't have it any other way, its all down to the track..

I do have to endorse what everyone else has said about Max Fricke though. How that talent slipped under the EL radar I'll never know. Brum could do a lot worse than bring him in to replace Kennet straight away

I do feel sorry for Bomber and the way people are turning on him. I was watching him carefully last night and I really feel his actual machine control and motor-cycle skills are exceptional but for some reason he just isn't scoring points, although it is a big ask to go out at No5 against Karlsson ,Watt and Bridger on their own track in almost every race. He deserves to be doing better than he is and I really hope he can sort out what's wrong but I do think the Cov fans need to get behind him a bit more.

Hans, as usual at Lakeside absolutely oozed class. I did hear he had been up at the training track all the afternoon helping the young ones. Good for him. Great bloke great rider. Pity there aren't a few more like him

Coventry are the best side to visit so far this year. If Bomber gets going they will be a force to be reckoned with, and if they make the play-off's it will be well deserved. Well done guys.

• Like 7

Whilst I'd rather Harris pulled his plumb out if a replacement was required would AJ or Hancock fit?

Scott is having a good start to the season but was always going to go well on a small track like Belle Vue

Harris needs to pull his finger out both home and away, if not then we need to look at a possible replacement.

hes doing it every were not just Belle Vue

Yeah right. :o You're okay sitting behind your computer screen as you didn't have to watch his pathetic efforts last season but we did - so no thanks.

• Like 1

Here we go again, everyone who saw the Lakeside -Coventry match said it was decent racing, yet the blinkered and the prejudiced who didn't see it still perpetuate the old FTG myth.

Its quite amazing how some who weren't there know what sort of a match it was and what Bombers problems were. As for the comment about Bombers gating and round the boards style of riding I thought in heat 3 Bomber actually had his nose in front going into bend 1 but it was Dave Watts trademark blast round the outside that took him into the lead coming off bend 2 . It then took Lewis until lap 3 to get past bomber and stamp his authority on his lead with Lewis out in the dirt and Bomber actually round the inside. Incidently Bomber does tend to ride the inside line at Lakeside and has on occasions scores some good points that way

Max Fricke , as others have said was stunningly good , but he never made the gate all night. His clash with Mikkel Bech was as good as you will see anywhere with lots of physical contact with Fricke first of all forcing his way past Bech and Bech reclaiming the lead a lap later after some real hard riding by both of them.

In heat 12 Fricke went from third to first, after the lead changed goodness knows how many times, but the proverbial blanket was covering the first three most of the race. Yet still we have all this Lakeside is a gaters track stuff. The point is if clubs like Coventry and Swindon can turn up with a team that can put up a show why can't others ? I would suggest its not the track, its certain riders who take one look at it and are beaten in their minds before they go out. If a PL rider like Max Fricke can perform like that there is no excuse for some of the more established EL riders not to do the same. Still the blinkered ones won't have it any other way, its all down to the track..

I do have to endorse what everyone else has said about Max Fricke though. How that talent slipped under the EL radar I'll never know. Brum could do a lot worse than bring him in to replace Kennet straight away

I do feel sorry for Bomber and the way people are turning on him. I was watching him carefully last night and I really feel his actual machine control and motor-cycle skills are exceptional but for some reason he just isn't scoring points, although it is a big ask to go out at No5 against Karlsson ,Watt and Bridger on their own track in almost every race. He deserves to be doing better than he is and I really hope he can sort out what's wrong but I do think the Cov fans need to get behind him a bit more.

Hans, as usual at Lakeside absolutely oozed class. I did hear he had been up at the training track all the afternoon helping the young ones. Good for him. Great bloke great rider. Pity there aren't a few more like him

Coventry are the best side to visit so far this year. If Bomber gets going they will be a force to be reckoned with, and if they make the play-off's it will be well deserved. Well done guys.

Oh I'm sorry for voicing an opinion. No I wasn't there last night to witnessed what you say was a brilliant meeting, but the perception of everybody I know, is that the track there favours riders who can gate. Like it or not, that's a fact. If last night was different , then I'm pleased. Wish there were more meetings like that .... of all the tracks I've been to, on the way home, I always wish I hadn't bothered, such is the processional manner of racing, and the huge advantage of the home team...

Because of all the moans he was getting, I too felt sorry for Bomber, ( like you have said ) and of all the track in the league, Lakeside was the one he was always going to struggle with. I too feel his machinery is slow but that'll change in time.....

Probably best, in future, if I keep my opinions to myself.

If you ask who fans would have at the start of the season Nicholls or Harris with their starting average most would have Harris. I'm hoping Harris does his usual and improve as the season develops, if we drop him I can see us regretting it and another team benefitting.

• Like 1

I don't think there are many Coventry fans that actually want rid of Bomber EI, in fact quite the opposite. But we've had to endure quite a bit of his down periods over the last few years and it gets a bit wearing when you know what he is capable of. He, to me is the most infuriating rider!! ..When you see posts after a meeting, mine included, it's usually down to frustration. Nobody wants to see a rider struggle, they all go through bad patches, but Bomber does seem to have rather a lot of them.

So today, having calmed down a bi t :P I wouldn't be advocating binning him. but I agree with Phil, I really wish he'd not taken on the GP's but he has and it is what it is. We just have to hope he gets things sorted and soon! :t:

• Like 2

I agree. I really wouldn't want to see Harris go as live seeing him in Coventry colours.

However I do think he is putting himself under impossible pressure in the GPs which doesn't help his form or confidence

• Like 3

Oh I'm sorry for voicing an opinion. No I wasn't there last night to witnessed what you say was a brilliant meeting, but the perception of everybody I know, is that the track there favours riders who can gate. Like it or not, that's a fact. If last night was different , then I'm pleased. Wish there were more meetings like that .... of all the tracks I've been to, on the way home, I always wish I hadn't bothered, such is the processional manner of racing, and the huge advantage of the home team...

Probably best, in future, if I keep my opinions to myself.

Nothing wrong with voicing an opinion as long as there is some rationale behind it and not twisting facts or exaggerating..

I never said it was a brilliant meeting, those are your words. I said everyone who saw it said it was decent racing so why do you feel the need to misquote me ? This is your problem all the time , almost all your posts are in exaggerations. Post in more measured terms and people will take more notice.

I am not saying the track is exactly comparable to somewhere like Torun but there are plenty of independent posters on here (Halifax Tiger for example) who get round a lot of tracks and say its OK . Most Elite League tracks favour riders who can gate because that's what modern speedway is about. My point is that good meetings are more about good riders than good tracks (as long as the track prep is to a reasonably decent standard of course) . You don't see Craig Cook do much passing anywhere at all in the EL except maybe Belle Vue if he doesn't make the gate, but put Darcy Ward in the same meeting and the gate is almost irrelevant. Good riders can ride them all.

Some good racing with heat 12 one of the best I have seen in 40 years spectating. Nice to see Lakeside get through the meeting quickly as had to be at work today for 6.00 am. Some more dirt down at Brandon might help Bomber and the team in general. Sundstrom - no thanks!

• Like 1