British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies V Wolverhampton 7th May

Guest GiveusaB

Everybody is entitled to there opinions but come on drop Pawlicki :nono:. Pawlicki is the only Wolves rider who can win races against the opponents heat leaders.

Tell me this post is a wind up? Padlock by far wolves best rider tonight!

Tell me this post is a wind up? Padlock by far wolves best rider tonight!

That predictive keyboard again! Lol

Well done Brummies and well done Danny King.

Morris no suprise to me, has laboured in the PL for two or three seasons now and I don't see him going too much further in the sport personally.

There are two things with Ashley,1st he is an inconsistent gater, which will always mean struggling in some races, second and only my opinion, he either doesnt have the best equipment or its not set up right, those two combined will see Ashley struggle, plus with Tai, Proctor,Ricky and Jacob and a none english speaking Pole, where does the experience come from ?.

I do wonder if Barker is still feeling his tumble at Swindon on Monday night.

Guest GiveusaB

What a difference a week makes.. Completely different atmosphere on the terraces lots of enthusiasm, same on track you could see and feel the difference. even our presenter was showing more enthusiasm!!!! Slickly run meeting top marks to the promotion. A good nights entertainment.

King back on form but needs his bum kicking for ht 8, riding shot gun for Nico, keeping Wells back he then clears of into the distance leaving NIco vulnerable so letting Wells pass him... what happened to team riding? a win for Nico would have been a big confidence boost.

Nice to to see Nico back, rather watch him any day giving 100% than Gordon Bennett.

Barker was putting in some laps after the meeting.

"You meet the nicest people at Birmingham speedway"

I presume that Danny didn't trust Nicole in front of him? And I have to agree with his judgement :) nico was great entertainment, but I haven't seen anyone go that low since Mike Broadway's!

Guest GiveusaB

I presume that Danny didn't trust Nicole in front of him? And I have to agree with his judgement :) nico was great entertainment, but I haven't seen anyone go that low since Mike Broadway's!

Broadbanks! I'm giving up using this bloom in android tablet! Lol

Broadbanks! I'm giving up using this bloom in android tablet! Lol

I remember him well......very recognisable riding style ..........................Android tablet or a senior moment?

Average suggests so, but better to have a 4.5 guy scoring 3 than a 6.5 guy scoring 3 and use those 2 points towards a stronger change elsewhere in the team (replace King with a 9 pointer for example).

A six pointer scoring three from a heat leader spot is arguably doing a better job than a 4.5 guy scoring 3 as a second string.

As for a nine pointer - who do you suggest that brum can afford and that would be willing to ride here?

• Like 1

I do wonder if Barker is still feeling his tumble at Swindon on Monday night.

Dont think so... he put in some laps after the meet and practice starts, so I assume he was trying different set ups

"You meet the nicest people at Birmingham speedway"

Edited by Nigel

A six pointer scoring three from a heat leader spot is arguably doing a better job than a 4.5 guy scoring 3 as a second string.

As for a nine pointer - who do you suggest that brum can afford and that would be willing to ride here?

Still rather have the 2 points for more options for changes, in any case Kennet would have ceased to be a heat leader at the recent averages so that point is no longer valid.

Second question is less easy to answer, but Belle Vue pulled out Zagar when faced with the same problem.

Edited by david2905

Piotr Pawlicki is the only rider holding Wolves together and all of you moan because Piotr cant speak English. If you want to blame someone blame Woffy.

Tai Woffinden was the best rider in the World last year.

What's changed? I'll tell you what. Pawlicki.

You try doing something with someone babbling in your ear in a language you don't understand, it will distract and put you off. Speedway is a dangerous enough sport as it is without being unable to understand what your partner is saying to you during a race.

I'm sure Pawlicki means well and he certainly tries hard, but the negatives outweigh the positives I'm afraid. I'd make him sit an A Level in English next month and if he doesn't pass I'm afraid he should be shown the door.

I suspect Ty Proctor is also struggling for form for the same reason as Woffinden.

The only rider that seems to have improved is Ricky Wells, being American he sees anyone east of Berlin as Russian and is determined to prove a point that USA is best.

• Like 1

Still rather have the 2 points for more options for changes, in any case Kennet would have ceased to be a heat leader at the recent averages so that point is no longer valid.

Second question is less easy to answer, but Belle Vue pulled out Zagar when faced with the same problem.

Do you really think Kennett would continue to average 3 as a second string? I reckon he would average minimum six. That said covatti should at least average 4.

Wolves should drop Woffy and bring back Fast Freddie in my opinion.

it would not surprise me to see Fast Freddie back at Wolves in the very near future.

Funny, you should mention it more often.

And if it was not for Pawlicki then Wolves would be the worst team in the league

WRONG, Wells and Thorssell have improved and the rest of the team are covering for lack of points from Woffy.

Plenty of spirit about the Brummies tonight and lead superbly by King who in truth was untouchable.

If he stepped up like this from the off Brum would stand a chance in most meetings.

Nermark certainly the other bright spark and is more than doing his job.

Adam likewise was consistent.

Wolves again were let down by no fire power from our number one.

Jacob really shouldn't have been 3rd in what was one of his easiest rides in heat 12.

Other than that the rest of the boys kept the pressure on the home side. Pawlicki took 2 races to get dialed i but yet again was our top man. Joe and Ty did there job in the 14th.

Despite all that Brum were the better side and deserved their win, thankfully our efforts resulted in a point back from ones already dropped at home.

Thought the meeting and racing was dull and lack luster tho.

Brum

Sqora - consistent . 3/5

Nermark - Did a grand job 4/5

King - World beater on KK type bikes. 5/5

Covatti - loved by the locals and at least added some points. Dont really expect more points tho from him match on match. 1.5/5

Barker - not really at the races 0.5/5

Starke - Excellent showing and, along with King, turned this meeting into a win. 4/5

Lambert - one good scrap and battle - 0.5/5

WOLVES

TAI - Just not quick or committed. 1.5/5

JACOB - expected more. 1.5/5

RICKY - well deserved heat 15 and was quick and pacey throughout. 3.5/5

TY - Much improved after a slow start to the meeting 3/5

PIOTR - slow start then pulled off 2 big wins late on. Nicked 2nd after pressure in heat 15.3.5/5

JOE - 2nd good meeting on the bounce. Excellent Week for him. 3.5/5 MOTM

ASH - Glad to see his costly engine gremlins didn't resurface tonight. 2.5/5

Piotr Pawlicki is the only rider holding Wolves together and all of you moan because Piotr cant speak English. If you want to blame someone blame Woffy.

With all due respect, you haven't grasped the concept of irony have you?

• Like 3

some amusing comments there

Funny, you should mention it more often.

WRONG, Wells and Thorssell have improved and the rest of the team are covering for lack of points from Woffy.

Plenty of spirit about the Brummies tonight and lead superbly by King who in truth was untouchable.

If he stepped up like this from the off Brum would stand a chance in most meetings.

Nermark certainly the other bright spark and is more than doing his job.

Adam likewise was consistent.

Wolves again were let down by no fire power from our number one.

Jacob really shouldn't have been 3rd in what was one of his easiest rides in heat 12.

Other than that the rest of the boys kept the pressure on the home side. Pawlicki took 2 races to get dialed i but yet again was our top man. Joe and Ty did there job in the 14th.

Despite all that Brum were the better side and deserved their win, thankfully our efforts resulted in a point back from ones already dropped at home.

Thought the meeting and racing was dull and lack luster tho.

Brum

Sqora - consistent . 3/5

Nermark - Did a grand job 4/5

King - World beater on KK type bikes. 5/5

Covatti - loved by the locals and at least added some points. Dont really expect more points tho from him match on match. 1.5/5

Barker - not really at the races 0.5/5

Starke - Excellent showing and, along with King, turned this meeting into a win. 4/5

Lambert - one good scrap and battle - 0.5/5

WOLVES

TAI - Just not quick or committed. 1.5/5

JACOB - expected more. 1.5/5

RICKY - well deserved heat 15 and was quick and pacey throughout. 3.5/5

TY - Much improved after a slow start to the meeting 3/5

PIOTR - slow start then pulled off 2 big wins late on. Nicked 2nd after pressure in heat 15.3.5/5

JOE - 2nd good meeting on the bounce. Excellent Week for him. 3.5/5 MOTM

ASH - Glad to see his costly engine gremlins didn't resurface tonight. 2.5/5

king a WORLD BEATER? love your humour, a true wolves fan, backs them to the hilt, good on you though mate

some amusing comments there

king a WORLD BEATER? love your humour, a true wolves fan, backs them to the hilt, good on you though mate

On tonight's performance yes! He was miles ahead of everyone..

• Like 1