British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry V Swindon 9th May

Superb win for Roscos Rampant Red Rockin Robins...didn't need to go down to last heat. Brandon is definitely Robins fav track.

Robin's def fastest out of the gate.

Well done to Summers who was only rider to pass all night.

Track was very boring with riders trying to pass but very gate & go ALL night.

Yay! Easy easy easy. Never in doubt. Wooohooo.

Right then. What's on the telly?

Flipping Henry CR!! Are you never happy?

I'm chuffed to bits as that was posted before Heat 15 Grachan & I never expected a win tonight but can you really say it's not right?.

I just say it as I see it but you only pick up on what you see as negative not what I posted about how well the other 4 did.

It's simple really as the 4 who are performing are doing fantastic but the 3 I've mentioned have been a disapointment or do you feel different?.

He's right though. Get your middle order sorted and you have a decent team. Kennett and Fricke would be good for 12+ each meeting between them.

Fricke yes but please not Eddie as been there & it didn't work.

Sh.t is that me moaning again or giving an honest opinion :wink:

• Like 1

He's right though. Get your middle order sorted and you have a decent team. Kennett and Fricke would be good for 12+ each meeting between them.

Would love to give Fricke a go but Kennett looks a busted flush EL wise plus too many double uppers....just out of curiosity what average is Kennett on now?

• Like 1

What a borefest. Good size crowd in again and they go and shoot themselves in the foot by serving up one of the slickest, dustiest tracks I've seen in a long time. Zilch entertainment value apart from the long overdue return of the Simpsons, with Chris finally replacing Yorkie on the centre brown, and the old buzzard relegated to unintelligible white noise style 'interviews' in the pits..I think I'll give the next meeting a miss. What a let down!

Edited by speedybee

Even replacing Greenwood with somoene who can even compete in a race would help......Dakota North needs a run of luck and Gustaffson just another couple of points here and there and that could make a difference...time will tell at least unlike Cov and Poole when they staged there amazing comebacks were not exactly looking adrift

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 1

Really?

Kennett real form this year is below 3. :shock:

• Like 1

Kennett is averaging 3 as a heat leader. But he would double that as a second string, which is what swindon need.

A good option for swindon imho.

Wow, think the Bees will set a record for the most back to front home-away points ratio this season, home meetings do us no favours at all when the track's prepared like that. What a borefest - and a dustbowl, not once did the water bowser get out on track. Threat of rain or not, that's poor from the track staff.

Still, credit to the Robins for coming to Brandon and returning the compliment from the start of the season, they do have a good record at Brandon in any case. A fully deserved 4 pointer for the Robins, our boys were hopeless at playing the cards they were dealt in terms of the track.

• Like 1

Would love to give Fricke a go but Kennett looks a busted flush EL wise plus too many double uppers....just out of curiosity what average is Kennett on now?

About 5.5ish

Really?

Kennett real form this year is below 3. :shock:

As a heatleaders he's done very little. As a second string he'd 7 or 8

No excuses for that. Track was the same for both sides. Won't make the play offs at this rate. They really can't afford to lose any more home meetings and we've got Poole twice and Kings Lynn again....

Hansen now gets a new average which will drop slightly. A 9 PT rider to replace Harris? Or would they not drop the wonder boy?

Well done Swindon.

No excuses for that. Track was the same for both sides. Won't make the play offs at this rate. They really can't afford to lose any more home meetings and we've got Poole twice and Kings Lynn again....

Hansen now gets a new average which will drop slightly. A 9 PT rider to replace Harris? Or would they not drop the wonder boy?

Well done Swindon.

Not saying a change (for anyone) shouldn't be looked at, but can you name a 9 point rider worth signing? Only rider I could see worth considering is Larsen.

Not saying a change (for anyone) shouldn't be looked at, but can you name a 9 point rider worth signing? Only rider I could see worth considering is Larsen.

Nah but just saying that's how much we have spare, would much prefer Larsen and he has said that he's just a phone call away....

• Like 1

I was sorely tempted to stream this meeting but common sense prevailed as the pub beckoned..

Apparently I made the right decision, as no stream was forthcoming, I first checked Updates at 21-21 and then later at 40-44, were Swindon really winning 26-40 at one stage..

With heat 15 imminent, I kept refreshing Updates until confirmation of the Rockinest Robins victory was confirmed - hurrah !

Well done Swindon, hard lines Cov... :t:

Gustafsson out Kennett in. Kennett will score double what Gustafsson gets in every meeting as a second string.

And both bottle it in heat 14 when we need them to get a result!

• Like 2