British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham V Kings Lynn Select Thurs 15th May

Birmingham were stronger at reserve this time with Starke there,but they need to strengthen still I think or else they will end up near or very near the bottom of the league.

I think that it is fair to say We have the bottom spot sewn up already!! Best Wishes to Adam Skornicki

• Like 1

Watched a bit of this on my phone... Yes it can be done, I have HTC ONE (M7) using the pre installed browser, not chrome.. use the full bet365 site link, not mobile version and sign in as normal.. and BINGO!

Tried it with chrome, but for some reason it doesn't recognise the FLASH plug-in.

Edited by Shale Searcher

Appreciate you pointing out my floors. I'll send my posts to you first to proof read if that's ok?

I don't believe I suggested proof reading your posts - although with what you have written about floors it would be a good idea that someone does! Hope you sleep well tonight safe in the knowledge that you and your 3 points will be very happy together - how is Skornicki by the way?

Watched a bit of this on my phone... Yes it can be done, I have HTC ONE (M7) using the pre installed browser, not chrome.. use the full BET365 site link, not mobile version and sign in as normal.. and BINGO!

Tried it with chrome, but for some reason it doesn't recognise the FLASH plug-in.

Edited by Shale Searcher

They're at the bottom of your walls.....

You have not been charged for this information

Can I get you a pint for that at least, don't like taking freebies :t:

Have to say I'm amazed and very pleased we managed to get 3 out 4 points tonight. Also pleased of course that B'Hams' reluctance to switch dates backfired on them.

Watt and Nicholls were no replacements for our top two obviously but they did enough for the remaining Stars to back them up admirably, and Fricke too got some important points, so well done everybody.

Hope Skornicki isn't too bad , B'ham can ill afford him being out.

Nasty incident tonight with Sqora, fingers crossed its nothing too bad. At first it looked a lot worse with his head seeming to hit the deck but according to the announcer muscle damage only. Best wishes to our stand out rider do far this season.

Onto the meeting, Barker needs to be the next to be shown the door. Offers nothing at 5 and was struggling at second string. The choice apparently is between him and Nermark, if Birmingham want to be capable of winning meetings then it has to be Barker to go.

Covatti tries but I feel Kennett would've offered more as a second string with the opportunity of facing the reserves. It appears the only reason for this switch was to allow King to fulfil his Speedway ambition of doubling down.

A note of massive appreciation goes to young Robert Lambert. This lad is something special and with the right backing could go to the top. No fear, no respect and at times, very quick. Second time to Perry Barr this year and both times very impressive.

Good job Lynn's Danish contingent were absent tonight otherwise it could've been a mauling. Watt and Nicholls did enough to cover but NKI and Bjerre would've had another field day.

Poor crowd tonight too despite the offer available.

Edited by Mini Jack

Nasty incident tonight with Sqora, fingers crossed its nothing too bad. At first it looked a lot worse with his head seeming to hit the deck but according to the announcer muscle damage only. Best wishes to our stand out rider do far this season.

Onto the meeting, Barker needs to be the next to be shown the door. Offers nothing at 5 and was struggling at second string. The choice apparently is between him and Nermark, if Birmingham want to be capable of winning meetings then it has to be Barker to go.

Covatti tries but I feel Kennett would've offered more as a second string with the opportunity of facing the reserves. It appears the only reason for this switch was to allow King to fulfil his Speedway ambition of doubling down.

A note of massive appreciation goes to young Robert Lambert. This lad is something special and with the right backing could go to the top. No fear, no respect and at times, very quick. Second time to Perry Barr this year and both times very impressive.

Good job Lynn's Danish contingent were absent tonight otherwise it could've been a mauling. Watt and Nicholls did enough to cover but NKI and Bjerre would've had another field day.

Poor crowd tonight too despite the offer available.

That last sentence has to be the biggest concern. There is a genuine fear of another Brummies track closure after all the hard fight to bring it back. It's not just down to a poor side as the attendances wasn't hot when top of the table last season.

What It's the issues? Is there an answer to turn this around?

That last sentence has to be the biggest concern. There is a genuine fear of another Brummies track closure after all the hard fight to bring it back. It's not just down to a poor side as the attendances wasn't hot when top of the table last season.

Rename themselves as Cradley Heath? Heathens fans are happy to go to Wolves atm so not that far away .....

:wink:

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 1

Rename themselves as Cradley Heath? Heathens fans are happy to go to Wolves atm so not that far away .....

:wink:

Jesus, I've upset some tonight. You trying to get some action too :)

Same in any sport, people don't turn up to watch poor sides, offers are of limited help as it's still to watch the same side that put you off going the week before, offers help if you have something worth watching, but there's little point if the products not up to scratch, watching my team get thumped is deeply unattractive whether it's £15, £10 or £1.50.

Barker to be replaced and use the vacant double up spot for Covatti who's badly in need of it, convinced the kid has the talent, but is rusty as hell.

Edited by david2905

Tbh Nico is not doing much better and Nico is riding in an easier position.

I've said this before this using Nico gives you 2 points or so to add to another change elsewhere, retaining Kennett gives you sod all towards rebuilding the team, except like for like and we need a top ender, not another middle order monkey.

Agree but Brum have not signed anyone else. Could it be they just brought in Covatti just so King could D/UP with the Diamonds?

Well if further changes are not forthcoming, Alan Phillips has no grounds for complaint when people vote with their feet, we would have stood a chance tonight if Nico had the benefit of PL doubling up and Barker only being noticable for being in close attendance when King and Scornicki went down, speaking of which, what didi people watching the feed think of these ?, the King one was too far away for me to see well, but in heat 13, my impression was Barker made accidental contact and unsettled Scornicki, surprised to see Adam excluded.