British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Eastbourne V Coventry Select 17th May

Well arent you the lucky one! You may want to take into consideration that some people go to work prior to going to the meeting and dont always have chance to have something to eat before their duties start but of course that doesnt matter

So start the meeting 15 minutes later so those who are in work before the meeting can haver a wee and a burger. That way us fans don't have to stand around 3/4 of a way into a speedway meeting! Cracks me up when clubs have an interval after heat 11 or 12 and then we have a natural break after heat 14.

Intervals are not there just to annoy the spectators try standing on the centre green for 2 to 3 hours without being able to have a toilet break or the chance to have a hot drink or something to eat? Trust me if you were doing that you'd want a break of 10 - 15 minutes to be able to do that. Also I'm sure you will find that most riders take advantage of the break to adjust bikes, have a team talk etc. At the end of the day if there are delays due to riders having a crash then they need to be checked out especially on Saturday it was not clear straight away if Timo had done serious damage to his collar bone and needed to be checked out properly before deciding if he was ok to carry on or should we not bother with these checks and say sod it you will be ok stop moaning and get back your bike?

I don't think they are there to annoy spectators but that's the effect they have. I don't know a single fan who likes them and to have one when the meeting is drawn out anyway - and you certainly can't help delays for injuries - simply makes matters worse.

I'm not quite sure why someone would need to be stood on the centre green for 3 hours - that's ridiculous - and when I did flag marshalling at Mildenhall I used to take a drink with me and made sure I didn't need the can before I went out there.

To me, making your customers stand around getting cold(or hot or bored) simply so your track staff can have a drink is plain daft and that's almost certainly why a lot of tracks don't have them any more.

If Belle Vue can go through a meeting without one, so can Eastbourne.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Eastbourne's a dump

What an intelligent post.

I can only assume you have graduated from the junior forum and not learned how to talk with the grown ups yet.

• Like 3