British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Eastbourne V Coventry Select 17th May

Coventry certainly one of the top 3 supported clubs that visit Eastbourne and in the past they have come by coach although I dont think they did last season. Lakeside and Poole being the other well supported clubs at Arlington. Probably because we mostly race Saturday nights.

Would agree there with the addition of Leicester, they came down with a coach load for the first fixture plus a few cars and know that they are coming down again at the end of the month. They have a really good supporters club at Leicester which is really great to see.

I see Trevor Geer is gloating in Speedway Star that Eagles got Bridger on board before Coventry could book him as a guest for Harris.. he has to do something to build interest in this fixture I guess

Sad really when hes already against a heavily depleted team who may have stood a chance before but not now

It's our own ineptitude / lack of commitment from Andersen that sees us in this mess.

No problem with Eastbourne running the fixture. Don't expect them to squander a prime Saturday date just because the Bees can't get their house in order.

Not surprised Geer is having a chuckle about beating us to Bridger as a guest. I mean, our managment team have only known since about January that Bomber would be missing. Probably can't believe his luck!

So Bees line up with:

1. Junior (TBC)

2. Howarth

3. Fisher

4. Hansen

5. Skornicki (G)

6. Nielsen (G)

7. Sarjeant

Should hit 25 with ease!

• Like 1

It's our own ineptitude / lack of commitment from Andersen that sees us in this mess.

No problem with Eastbourne running the fixture. Don't expect them to squander a prime Saturday date just because the Bees can't get their house in order.

Not surprised Geer is having a chuckle about beating us to Bridger as a guest. I mean, our managment team have only known since about January that Bomber would be missing. Probably can't believe his luck!

So Bees line up with:

1. Junior (TBC)

2. Howarth

3. Fisher

4. Hansen

5. Skornicki (G)

6. Nielsen (G)

7. Sarjeant

Should hit 25 with ease!

Hoping we have Steve Worrall as no 1

Time and again over the years we have seen fixtures take place with guest select line ups, I recall Bees travelling to Eastbourne in 2008 (?) with just Burza & Messing of their regular line up, 4 guests and RR.

The same last year as Swindon were forced to visit Brandon on their only visit of the campaign with a similar make up.

King's Lynn visit to Birmingham tonight with 3 guests for their 3 Danes on the same night as the Danish Final that was brought forward a day when the date of the Finish SGP was confirmed.

Appreciate that with Lynn and Brummies both being Wednesday night tracks its never easy to organise fixtures between them, but would it not have been more sensible to have had another team at Perry Barr this week (last night) ?

The SEC competition muddies the EL waters even further, its listed on Peter Kildemand's website that he is scheduled to race the 3rd SEC qualifier at Zarnovica next Saturday, the same night as Swindon are due at Eastbourne, so two weeks on the trot Eastbourne will face visiting teams without their number 1 and no facility available for their absence.

Would it not have been better to have switched the Bees & Robins visits there ? or perhaps the DMU can explain why their 2 nominations for the SEC cannot be switched to the other weekend, so Hans could be at Zarnovica on the 24th and Kildemand at Krsko on the 17th ? Or is that too sensible ?

Edited by ballinger
  • Like 4

Hoping we have Steve Worrall as no 1

Why? Worrall will get 0. May as well go cheap and get Brandon Freemantle to ride. He'd probably be there anyway.

Why? Worrall will get 0. May as well go cheap and get Brandon Freemantle to ride. He'd probably be there anyway.

He's injured.

He's injured.

he'll cost even less then :D fair enough, point stands, I'd offer the chance to a rider who doesn't want paying and is happy to get a few laps in. Must be a few out there.

So Bees line up with:

1. Junior (TBC)

2. Howarth

3. Fisher

4. Hansen

5. Skornicki (G)

6. Nielsen (G)

7. Sarjeant

Should hit 25 with ease!

probably be better of with a guest for Harris he's not scored a lot away this season

Saturday racing does seem to have its advantages for Eastbourne...

Steady on....

We redress the advantages by being dogsh*t at every away meeting !!

• Like 2

Skornicki has a leg injury tonight riding for Birmingham so think gonna need another guest

I'd also go for Steve Worrall at 1, riding well and beaten 2nd strings often. Does seem poor that they can't swap the Cov and Swindon meetings around or swap Hans and Kildemand in the qualifiers.

• Like 1

EL racing with 5 NL riders on show dear oh dear just when you think it cant get any worse we will now see heats like a NL rider vs Pedersen and Michelsen for example.

Exactly. No disrespect to Eastbourne promoters but how can they justify not changing the date.

I know teams aim is to win but Coventry are handing it to them here. Going to be abit of a hollow victory when its against a team mainly made up of 6 NL and PL riders.

Really poor advert for the sport.

Gonna be a very small crowd and loss of profit as cant see many neutrals or bees fans going plus also GP & FA cup final.

Exactly. No disrespect to Eastbourne promoters but how can they justify not changing the date.

I know teams aim is to win but Coventry are handing it to them here. Going to be abit of a hollow victory when its against a team mainly made up of 6 NL and PL riders.

Really poor advert for the sport.

Gonna be a very small crowd and loss of profit as cant see many neutrals or bees fans going plus also GP & FA cup final.

As an Eastbourne fan I am annoyed that it looks like we are going to have to put up with a meeting that is a walkover. Having said that, I would be just as annoyed if it was cancelled. We need a successful year to build the future and although the meeting may not be much we need the points (especially with our away form). It would be crazy to cancel this meeting and then have the misfortune of a couple of injuries when Coventry come back and end up losing the points!

No, as far as I am concerned the blame lies fairly and squarely on the rules. They should be able to have a guest or Hans should not be allowed to ride elsewhere. Which one, I dont know but we should not be having a poor replacement for a number 1!

Anyway, after what happened with Poole last year, I wont count my chickens until we have the meeting wrapped up!

• Like 2

Can't see many Eagles fans going tbh, just the die-hards.....

The people that have paid £10 to watch heats 12 & 13 from the centre green will probably wonder if £30 ( if you include a racecard & car-park) was the best £30 they ever spent.....

'Oh look, there's Bjarne, there's Mikkel, who's that bloke 1/2 a lap behind ?, and the bloke in last dosent look familiar ! '

• Like 3