British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Eastbourne V Coventry Select 17th May

I have no idea what the BSPA's beef is with the SEC. What I do know is that in order to maintain their stance they are perfectly prepared to short change their paying customers.

Idiots :icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

Exactly. No disrespect to Eastbourne promoters but how can they justify not changing the date.

I know teams aim is to win but Coventry are handing it to them here. Going to be abit of a hollow victory when its against a team mainly made up of 6 NL and PL riders.

Really poor advert for the sport.

Gonna be a very small crowd and loss of profit as cant see many neutrals or bees fans going plus also GP & FA cup final.

Oh the irony! I seem to remember that Swindon were forced to go to Coventry last season with half a team and I didn't see many Bees fans complaining - no sympathy I'm afraid!

Oh the irony! I seem to remember that Swindon were forced to go to Coventry last season with half a team and I didn't see many Bees fans complaining - no sympathy I'm afraid!

I was there and seem to remember facilities being granted for every rider (which heatleader did u use NL rider for?)

Cov will always have riders missing due to doubling up but at least for those there can be replacements. Remember you having guests for Swindon that rode Brandon better than some that were missing (Rory, Doyle)

I agree. Swindon were half witted in agreeing the Coventry fixture last year, and the Bees have been equally as half witted in agreeing to this one. No sympathy.

It is humerous that Swindon are in exactly the same boat next Saturday as well though!

I'd actually support a ban of Andersen (and Kildemand) based on the fact that the EL fixtures were in the calendar first.

• Like 1

I'd actually support a ban of Andersen (and Kildemand) based on the fact that the EL fixtures were in the calendar first.

Exactly that. If we're going to clamp down on the SEC the BSPA need to do something. Ban Hans and if PK rides ban him too.

Are not these riders actually "withholding their services" by riding in the SEC rather than for their contracted EL clubs?

As Adam was injured last night I'm guessing there's a frantic search for Coventry to get another guest now?

Are not these riders actually "withholding their services" by riding in the SEC rather than for their contracted EL clubs?

Exactly. And Coventry are bottling it by sucking up to him and having a junior in his place and the hell with the fans. Use a guest, let him get banned.

Exactly. And Coventry are bottling it by sucking up to him and having a junior in his place and the hell with the fans. Use a guest, let him get banned.

To get round a ban, would riders only need to ask the DMU etc. to 'order' them to take part?

ATB

Dave

PS. Typo on your innovative ;) EL Scorecard..... Sub(s)titute above Heat 9.

To get round a ban, would riders only need to ask the DMU etc. to 'order' them to take part?

ATB

Dave

PS. Typo on your innovative ;) EL Scorecard..... Sub(s)titute above Heat 9.

I'm not totally sure that would work. Or the DMU could "order" riders to do anything the day of a meeting the rider doesn't fancy.

Thats why it's innovative! My unique spelling. Shakespeare would be proud of my new words :o

Andersen reckons the SEC fixtures were known first and he raised the issue in February but it fell on def ears.

Someone needs to stick their hand up and take the blame for this one then!

Andersen reckons the SEC fixtures were known first and he raised the issue in February but it fell on def ears.

Someone needs to stick their hand up and take the blame for this one then!

So Saturdays meeting wasn't initially due to be held in the Ukraine the weekend before but got cancelled at the end March due to political unrest and re-arranged for this weekend in Latvia?

And the EL fixtures were out in January this year!

Hans Andersen is a lair. He couldn't have know until at least late March he was due to be riding on this date so how was he raising the issue in February?

Exactly that. If we're going to clamp down on the SEC the BSPA need to do something. Ban Hans and if PK rides ban him too.

Promoters were made aware in Feb so fixture could have been changed

So Saturdays meeting wasn't initially due to be held in the Ukraine the weekend before but got cancelled at the end March due to political unrest and re-arranged for this weekend in Latvia?

And the EL fixtures were out in January this year!

Hans Andersen is a lair. He couldn't have know until at least late March he was due to be riding on this date so how was he raising the issue in February?

Good enough for me. Ban him.

Good enough for me. Ban him.

We have lots of fixtures next week so might be bad move banning him. Also would harm our team spirit