British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle V Redcar Pl (sun 18 May At 6.30pm)

What a load of rubbish how can u say it's a rebuilding year when the season has just started? Do u also think Robson will be around next year??I suppose you also think this was just a building year for alan pardew

Six matches down, and progress to the title? Third off bottom. You're in cuckoo land if you think Newcastle will win anything this year. Edinburgh will probably walk the lot.

Do u also think Robson will be around next year??

It's not him whose average I would be looking at for next season.

I suppose you also think this was just a building year for alan pardew

Suppose nothing. I couldn't care less -- I don't follow minor sports which involve people kicking a ball around a field, bores me to tears.

Do you not think Robbo will be around next year?

Unless something drastic happens between now and then I could see him back. And I hope he does come back! :t:

Don't forget that you can see a piece on Barry Wallace tonight on BBC Look North, oh and by the way a magnificent victory for the Bears also. Enjoy

Team manager George English said: "I honestly thought we were back on track with our three league points from our recent travels, but we again hit the skids tonight and lost points although with injury problems and new youngsters coming in at reserve we seem to be lacking in lower end power badly.... but we know more than anyone this rot has to be stopped in its tracks with immediate effect!" QUOTED FORM THE NEWCASTLE WEBSITE!

Is this George suggesting further changes are to come or is it just the usual manager speak to the press BS?

Team manager George English said: "I honestly thought we were back on track with our three league points from our recent travels, but we again hit the skids tonight and lost points although with injury problems and new youngsters coming in at reserve we seem to be lacking in lower end power badly.... but we know more than anyone this rot has to be stopped in its tracks with immediate effect!" QUOTED FORM THE NEWCASTLE WEBSITE!

Is this George suggesting further changes are to come or is it just the usual manager speak to the press BS?

You'll know on Sunday when he tells you to "get your leathers on". :D

• Like 2

Oh yeah :P

• Like 1

Showing your age now Dave. You'll be telling him to get on his 2 valve JAP next!

• Like 1

Showing your age now Dave. You'll be telling him to get on his 2 valve JAP next!

I heard he is saving up for when the 4 valve model comes out. :P

With the successful training school you are running Dave, I've heard George is going for a middle order rider with a lot of experience under his belt. Better dust off those kevlars, your team needs you!!!! :lol::t:

With the successful training school you are running Dave, I've heard George is going for a middle order rider with a lot of experience under his belt. Better dust off those kevlars, your team needs you!!!! :lol::t:

That's not 'experience' under the belt, just temporary padding.

• Like 1

For me the biggest surprise in these exciting times as Newcastle is the fact Henry was dropped. He is one of the best middle order riders in the league whose away average is very similar to his home season after season. Rosen has clearly got talent also and would have come good.

Thought Lindgren would have been the one to make way. Although King will be one of the top riders in the PL there is no way he will attain his starting average.

I heard henry is waiting for a call from the bears bellers101

Edited by tilersrus

At this injury rate a call from George cap in hand prior to a re-declaration is more likely.

If Bears have points to accommodate I think he is a certainty - however I fear we may be just short and have to look elsewhere.

For Diamonds fans - start panicking about Sunday, if you lost to the Bears by being outgated, then Witches are in for a field day as they totally outgated us last night and have two very strong reserves!! Plus a certain R Worrall in the team !!

Edited by northyorksbear

If Bears have points to accommodate I think he is a certainty - however I fear we may be just short and have to look elsewhere.

For Diamonds fans - start panicking about Sunday, if you lost to the Bears by being outgated, then Witches are in for a field day as they totally outgated us last night and have two very strong reserves!! Plus a certain R Worrall in the team !!

Last Sunday we may as well have gone in with no reserves- neither scored a point without opposition help.

Last Sunday we may as well have gone in with no reserves- neither scored a point without opposition help.

might be like that for a while yet,,, but gotta say, 'Greenwood' looked to be getting there by the end,,, but with a guest in for Schrammbo, don't think it's looking great, (especially when they bail out the night before, lol),,, but at least we've got a REAL number 1, lets hope so :-)