British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barrow boy

My Top 10 Riders On Current Form

You need a rethink at #9 :D

More worryingly - how did Bjarne get on there?

• Like 2

I have visited almost every PL track, seen some brilliant and some poor racing. Likewise in the EL. The difference still is that in the EL you see the better riders. If you prefer seeing the quality riders and appreciating their skills then in the UK that is the EL. Coupled with that I have enjoyed the fact that the race format this year means more races between riders of comparable ability. It's a matter of personal preference.

I imagine a high percentage of EL riders ride in the pl or lower

Iversen

Ward

Doyle

Zagar

Pawlicki Wolves

Batch

Worrall Swindon

Janowski

Andersen

Schlein

Brits Lawson and Harris, and Killer and Watt not far away. But Woffy not top 10.

Edited by keef van cross
  • Like 1

I imagine a high percentage of EL riders ride in the pl or lower

It's about 45%, including the fast track riders who make up 28% of that overall total.

That in no way detracts from my point that the EL is the league to prefer if you enjoy watching the superior skills of the likes of Ward, Pawlicki x 2, Kildemand, Doyle, Zagar, Nicholls, Wofinden, Iversen, Bjerre, Andersen etc.

Added to that is that even with the double up riders you are watching the cream of the PL.

I think that Jason Doyle would have been riding in the PL if his visa would have allowed him to ride in any other team bar Liecester.

Why this country has to follow such acain laws when only a few years ago all of the riders from the Comonweath countries used to be allowed to ride over here with no problems. I think we have taken a step bacwards with our laws concerning visa aplications from these countries.

How many riders from Australia would want to stay over here for the British winters and what else could they do. Be sufing instructers at Newquay or some other sufing resort.

They can get into all the other EU contries far easier than they do over here. It is time the laws where chaNged.

He is riding really well for the Lions this year and he has made it as a No1 rider. Fair play to the lad.

He also always comes across as a really decent bloke at the team interviews at the end of the meeting and he always has time to not only sign the programmes for the kids but he also has time to talk to them.

Got to say though that I can't for the life of me see how Madds got into the top ten he is not doing very well at all this year. I could quite easily see him losing his place next year.

Also Tai is in way way this year in the top ten his form in the EL has been terrible. Think his is just doing to much this year with riding over here and abroud plus the GP's and all the other rides he doe's plus the bike rides he doe's for charity.

He is doing a fantastic job raing the money. But there is only so much that a human body can take before it starts to slowly break apart. pysically and mentaly. And I think that this year his has just about reached that point.

• Like 1

My top 10 riders on current form are now as follows:-

01-Neils Kristian Iversen-King's Lynn---1150

02-Hans Andersen----------Coventry------1145

03-Darcy Ward-------------Poole---------1140

04-Jason Doyle------------Leicester-----1130

05-Matej Zagar------------Belle Vue-----1120

06-Bjarne Pedersen--------Eastbourne----1090

07-Tai Woffinden----------Wolverhampton-1080

08-Piotr Pawlicki---------Wolverhampton-1075

09-Maciek Janowski--------Poole---------1050

10-Scott Nicholls---------Belle Vue-----1040--

Edited by barrow boy

1. Jason Doyle

2. Chris Harris

3. Maciej Janowski

4. Hans Andersen

5. Niels Kristian Iversen

6. Darcy Ward

7. Piotr Pawlicki

8. Jason Garrity

9. Steve Worrall

10. Matej Zagar

My top 10 riders on current form are now as follows:-

01-Neils Kristian Iversen-King's Lynn---1150

02-Hans Andersen----------Coventry------1145

03-Darcy Ward-------------Poole---------1140

04-Jason Doyle------------Leicester-----1130

05-Matej Zagar------------Belle Vue-----1120

06-Bjarne Pedersen--------Eastbourne----1090

07-Tai Woffinden----------Wolverhampton-1080

08-Piotr Pawlicki---------Wolverhampton-1075

09-Maciek Janowski--------Poole---------1050

10-Scott Nicholls---------Belle Vue-----1040--

How on earth do you have Tai in a top 10 let alone 7th as he's only scored points vs. Swindon??

• Like 1

1. Jason Doyle
2. Chris Harris
3. Dakota North
4. Kyle Newman
5. Maciej Janowski
6. Jason Garrity

7. Kyle Howarth
8. Hans Andersen
9. Steve Worrall
10. Richard Lawson

How on earth do people manage to put some of the fast track riders in the top 10. Those mentioned have certainly benefited from being in the draft and have made progress but none of them are anywhere near heat leader standard in the EL, let alone better than the likes of Zagar and Andersen.

My top 10 on current form are now as follows-

01-Jason Doyle-Leicester-1190

02-Matej Zagar-Belle Vue-1150

03-Hans Andersen-Coventry-1100

04-Kenneth Bjerre-King's Lynn-1020

05-Chris Harris-Coventry-970

06-Bjarne Pedersen-Eastbourne-965

07-Troy Batchelor-Swindon-963

08-Scott Nicholls-Belle Vue-950

09-Peter Kildemand-Swindon-920

10-Davey Watt-Lakeside-900

Riders who would have been included but are either injured or are otherwise prevented from riding are:-

Neils Kristian Iversen-King's Lynn-1140

Darcy Ward-Poole-1135

Tai Woffinden-Wolves-1080

Piotr Pawlicki-Wolves-1075

No way Andersen and Harris in top 10 after Cov were torn apart by Roscos Rampant Robins tonight. Nick Morris is currently number 1 EL rider in my opinion, and Dak North should be in top 10, is well ahead ahead of Nicholls and Watt?!

• Like 2